Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA Sociology SCLY1 Family & Households 13th May 2013. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electro14)
    what book did you use?
    I used the main napier press books and booklets I got from the head of sociology and another sociology teacher .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mmz)
    Happy everybody found it good.
    Guess I just screwed up?
    you've probebly done fine... stop thinking negatively.. im sure u included soem good points for each question

ReputationRep:
    Hey u guys how was the exam

ReputationRep:
    yeaah it was easy paper ...and I was sosososooss happy about the functionalist essay !!!! :banana::banana:

ReputationRep:
    Ewww the more I think about what I wrote the more I feel like such a fool! I can't believe I messed this up. Just wanna turn back the clock!!!

ReputationRep:
    Think I did ok. Mentioned Parsons, Murdock, Oakley, Young & Willmot, Engels, Leonard, Pryor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWiseChick)
    you've probebly done fine... stop thinking negatively.. im sure u included soem good points for each question
    That's what u think!
    Thanks anyway for trying to make me feel better

ReputationRep:
    now need to focus on the education unit ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessie7003)
    Are you sure you got 38/60 and not 38 when the marks were rounded up? Because I got 52 when it was rounded up last June and got a high C
    I probably sound really silly, but rounded up to what? We only had the one exam for sociology, all i remeber is a D with mark 38..

ReputationRep:
    I stupidly wrote for the divorce question, (declining stigma, changing position of women) AND I wrote about secularisation but I felt the paragraph wasn't strong enough so I crossed it out and put divorce is cheaper and women can get them now-.- HOW STUPID AM I.

ReputationRep:
    dont you guys think there should be more time in the exam

ReputationRep:
    For the divorce question I put attitudes to marriage and Secularisation....but I also put the fact that divorce has become more easy to access then in the past, I wasn't to sure if that would come under as a law or not but talked about how it's more widely available then in the past, thus causing a higher divorce rate. Anybody else do that?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

Hope everyone found the exam okay.

The q's were I think;
    Define infant mortality rate (2 marks)

Give 2 reasons for decrease in death rate (4 marks)

Give 3 reasons for divorce rate apart from divorce law (6 marks

Examine factors which affect power relationships and division of labour between couples (24 marks)

Assess functionalist views to help our understanding of the family (24 marks)

ReputationRep:
    Wat did u lot write for the divorce rate question and what did u write for the life expectancy question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllieS96)
    Hey guys!

The q's were I think;

Examine factors which affect power relationships and division of labour between couples (24 marks)

what did it mean by power relationships???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Work1)
    Hi guys,
    the exam was 'ok' could have done much better, and would of save time if iknew how pathetic these questions will be, would of not done such in-depth revision!
    anyway, i was wondering if you loose mark for writing the wrong date next to a study.. I think i wrote Dunne 1997 instead of 1999;(
    It went well apart from few spelling errors and having 10minutes to finish the last essay.
    In jan i got 38/60 and got marked a D, how does that make sense?

The 38 marks you got are not your raw marks they are your ums mark. The raw mark you got is 26 which is out of 60. the ums mark is out of 80 and you got 38 for that. in your exam slip it will only tell you the ums mark.

hope this hepled

ReputationRep:
    it means who is in charge of decision making and who does uses violence in the relatioship? the men or women?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was to do with patriarchy and all..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllieS96)
    Hey guys!

The q's were I think;

It was give 2 reasons for the increased life expectancy kinda thing (cant remember the exact wording!)

ReputationRep:
    So basically, I stupid lost two marks for the first question ;/ Got distracted by the STUPID noise of the construction work they are doing outside our college

Second question, I wrote better nutirtion, other social changes such as better knowledge of hygiene .
    Third; I wrote about, secularisation, less stigma and attitudes and higher acceptations in marriages.

Question nine, I wrote EVERYTHING AND I MEAN EVERYTHING. Talked about Parson, Young and Willmot symmetrical family reasons for why it came about. Okaley and (Bouton?) and then I talked about Descions makings. Included Phal and Volger. Then I talked about Endgells, though I forgot his last name so I said Stephan... Is that allowed?

Then I talked about Domestic violence, which I included Mireless black. Dobash and Dobash. Yearnshire, cheal and all their studies, and then I concluded it. At the end I remembered Dual burden and triple shift. So I put a star and stuck where I thought best, which in there I recalled Duncobme and Marsden..... So yeah. Um, I hope that is enough.

Last question, I just talked about Murdock four functions, then I talked about Parson function fit and irreducible functions, explained them all, refered to Item B and then critizsed it with Feminist and Marxist. Used an example of Marxist feminist. Which I used Ansley **** takers.

God, just thinking about that paper.... ;/ UHHHHHHH. I need my B/A

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 13, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.