Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George_)
    People who neg my posts are ignoramuses.
    Ignorami :fyi: :fuhrer:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruffiio)
    Kind of agree with these two points, it annoys me that people just hate change whatever it may be to education or any or other department. I get the impression it must be impossible to alter anything because everyone will just hate it and jump on the hate bandwagon no matter how minor or insignificant the change may be.

One of the reasons i disagree with UKIP is the fact they will give binding referendums to the public on local issues providing 5% of the public want it. This is linked in with the fact that i don't want the public to decide on whether we stay in or leave the European Union because they are ignorant of the situation and will have been brainwashed into someone else's view of the EU by the media such as DailyMail which obviously has the most readership because people are idiots.

On another note, i am against gay marriage although if it did pass i personally wouldn't care that much because it wont really effect me, then again that probably sounds hypocritical i know but oh well.

I also am in favor of capital punishment in some cases e.g. murder where guilt is proven beyond all doubt.

Just to counteract these views, i am pro-euthanasia and pro-abortion.
    I think it's the British that are particularly like this. You can complain about everything in this country and expect to get something out of it. In a way, I think people have too many rights.

I don't really care whether other people get married or not and how they do it so I have no reason to be against it. I think you have to be a bit of a nut to want gay marriage to be illegal.

ReputationRep:
    Beyonce is overrated.
    Smartphones are overrated. Just give me a phone which calls and texts and I'll be happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOONA.)
    Also the coalition government is rubbish.
    And, Israel doesn't exist it's Palestine.
    Women are far better that men.
    S.Koreans are cool.

That is all.
    omo, everyone knows this :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R4INBOW)
    omo, everyone knows this :awesome:
    North Koreans are cooler

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Progra)
    Globally a one child policy should be implemented (With consequences if not abided) for multiple tens or hundred years to over time bring world population back down. As it stands today, the world is far over populated and will only continue to be otherwise.
    But then the ageing population will need to be sustained by the decreasing young generations and we'll be in a terrible situation economically.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We should have a 1 or 2 child policy, as 2 children is the replacement rate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammi_K?)
    Might as well destroy all ultrasound machines or other technologies which help determine sex of a baby, and have policies in place which stop people from abandoning/killing baby girls once they are born. If not, then this world will be overrun by males.
    Just to be clear, by 'consequences' I did not mean killing off or abandoning babies, and of course with twins and triplets etc. there's nothing which can be done - If that's what you were getting at. I'm not entirely sure as I didn't bring the issue of the sex of the baby into question. Obviously it's better to have an even population of males/females.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheldor)
    But then the ageing population will need to be sustained by the decreasing young generations and we'll be in a terrible situation economically.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Someone did mention this, which is a good point. But it is not healthy for the earth or for population to still be increasing either.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like Oreos :puke:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I don't like chocolate ice cream or chocolate milkshake. They're both too sickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George_)
    Anthropogenic Global Warming lacks any basis in real science.
    Amongst laymen, I think that opinion is rather popular actually.

ReputationRep:
    We shouldn't have a government and should abolish private property in the means of production.

Though within our current paradigm:
    Incest and polygamy should be legal.
    Trade unions should have the unabridged right to strike.
    The monarchy should be abolished, and the Crown Estates, the Duchies of Lancaster and Cornwall, and any other aristocratic landholdings should be taken and either redistributed, sold in small parcels or used for some purpose beneficial to the local community. And abolish all peerages.
    Open all borders. No restrictions.
    Slash our military spending by at least half.
    End compulsory class attendance in schools (NB: you'd still have to go to school itself).

ReputationRep:
    Tesco should really write 'cows milk' on their milk bottles instead of cartoon images. I want them to declare their facts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Progra)
    Just to be clear, by 'consequences' I did not mean killing off or abandoning babies, and of course with twins and triplets etc. there's nothing which can be done - If that's what you were getting at. I'm not entirely sure as I didn't bring the issue of the sex of the baby into question. Obviously it's better to have an even population of males/females.
    I know that you didn't mention sex of the baby, but when people are limited to 1 child they will want to choose the gender of the baby. In many cultures [way to many] boys are preferred over girls, and many people will do anything for baby boys. Take a look at China, they have a 1 child policy and their gender ratios are totally screwed up because people starting aborting female fetuses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paradoxicalme)
    The idea that there isn't a God is far more comforting than the idea that there is one. There are ethical justifications for eating meat beyond 'it tastes nice'.Fanfiction is brilliant.Gay people should be allowed to adopt. Life is fundamentally good.
    Few questions for you if you don't mind.
    Do you believe there is a God?
    Could you, per chance, provide me with a couple ethical justifications other than it tastes nice?
    For some reason I relate anything against equality of Gay people with religion which is stupid of me.
    What do you mean by life is fundamentally good?
    And yes, Fanfiction is brilliant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluester)
    therefore leading to even more obese children as people get less and less exercise
    How much exercise did you actually do in PE?
    My 'exercise' lessons consisted of the most fit girls practicing handstands in tiny shorts in front of a few boys playing football. While the rest of us stood around.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't like Doctor Who, I think it's utter turd.
    Same goes for Harry Potter.
    I think federal Europe sounds like a pretty good idea.
    I don't think the goverment should have any hand in marriage (making it a completely religious/social rather than legal institution).

ReputationRep:
    Lots of lower ranking universities should be closed down. You shouldn't be going to university if the best you can achieve at A level is DDD or below.

ReputationRep:
    I think every single person should be banned from breeding, we don't need more destructive humans on the planet.
    I absolutely hate the concept of music, I hate the people it creates,I hate everything about music.
    I hate loud, annoying, obnoxious attention seeking extroverts that this society encourages.
    And I think all oil guzzling cars should be banned outright from roads and instead dedicate roads to bikes, public transport and non -conventional cars

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.