(Original post by Amyk89)
    I like Leicester so much i am applying for grad and 5 year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow. Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k1rby)
    We could pretend you're a chipper young applicant if you like
    Okay.

plz help I have 5A* 4A 1B at GCSE and UKKITTY score of 703.93 r i haz chance for leister med skuul?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    Wow. Best of luck!
    Thanks, I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Okay.

plz help I have 5A* 4A 1B at GCSE and UKKITTY score of 703.93 r i haz chance for leister med skuul?
    :nooo: it burns

I feel really, really old.
      Lol I'm a grad on the 5 year course in my final year.
      I should retire
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Magician)
      I should retire
      How do you find being a grad on the 5 year? Are there quite a few of you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Amyk89)
        How do you find being a grad on the 5 year? Are there quite a few of you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
        Was difficult at first as I wasn't from a healthcare background. So 18 year olds knew a lot more chemistry and biology than me as I had studied it many years ago. But I don't feel theres a gap any longer.

Why don't you go for grad entry? You get funding via NHS for 3 years.

Theres not that many grads on the 5 year course. I do wish i was on it too ( would mean that I would be an F1 right now).

ReputationRep:
        I should retire
        Ooo...you must be getting ready for the sjt then! How's it going?

ReputationRep:
        officially a leicester a100 med applicant too!

I loved the city and university so much so here's hoping everything goes well!
        • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
        Was difficult at first as I wasn't from a healthcare background. So 18 year olds knew a lot more chemistry and biology than me as I had studied it many years ago. But I don't feel theres a gap any longer.

Why don't you go for grad entry? You get funding via NHS for 3 years.

Theres not that many grads on the 5 year course. I do wish i was on it too ( would mean that I would be an F1 right now).
        I am going for both. The 5 year is my backup

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        This is my first TSR post! o_O

Ahh so excited, I sent off my application to unis and now have my confirmation emails

I'm on 60/60 point wise so I really hope they interview based on points and don't suddenly change the way they point applicants for this cycle! My stats aren't naturally brilliant like quite a few of the people but I worked quite hard consistently so hopefully this will go well

GCSE's: 6A* and 4As
        AS: 3As and 1B, predicted 4As and an A in my EPQ, the B was only a few marks off (so annoying!)
        I do the 3 sciences and English lit,
        Got 760 in the UKCAT

Leicester is definitely one of my top choices (along with leeds) so reaallyyyyy hope I get an interview!
        Good luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
        Guys, I have 2.1 in Biomed, 765UKCAT, AABa A-levels. What kind of score do I have?

edit: 59/60

2.1 doesn't count for any points I presume?

I'm a little scared...

what if they don't give me an interview?

(This is my third UCAS cycle. Those 4 rejections from last year have mentally scarred me. roflmao - first time I've got a good UKCAT score so I hope I can do much, much better this time)

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by oz40)
        Guys, I have 2.1 in Biomed, 765UKCAT, AABa A-levels. What kind of score do I have?

edit: 59/60

2.1 doesn't count for any points I presume?

I'm a little scared...

what if they don't give me an interview?

(This is my third UCAS cycle. Those 4 rejections from last year have mentally scarred me. roflmao - first time I've got a good UKCAT score so I hope I can do much, much better this time)
        Can I ask why your not going for the 4 year course instead? you seem eligible, do you have 1 year w/e if so they you should go for the GEM because your UKCAT is good and your degree is science based.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Ama2007)
        Can I ask why your not going for the 4 year course instead? you seem eligible, do you have 1 year w/e if so they you should go for the GEM because your UKCAT is good and your degree is science based.
        "You must be in a position to have a minimum of 12 months full-time paid employment in a caring role by the start of the course"

I fail to meet this requirement. I've applied for 3 GEP and one 5 year.

Or do you think I can realistically apply to 4 GEP?

Ooo...you must be getting ready for the sjt then! How's it going?
          Lol. Will start at the start of next block.

Does your name begin with J by any chance?

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Parvathi_x)
          This is my first TSR post! o_O

Ahh so excited, I sent off my application to unis and now have my confirmation emails

I'm on 60/60 point wise so I really hope they interview based on points and don't suddenly change the way they point applicants for this cycle! My stats aren't naturally brilliant like quite a few of the people but I worked quite hard consistently so hopefully this will go well

GCSE's: 6A* and 4As
          AS: 3As and 1B, predicted 4As and an A in my EPQ, the B was only a few marks off (so annoying!)
          I do the 3 sciences and English lit,
          Got 760 in the UKCAT

Leicester is definitely one of my top choices (along with leeds) so reaallyyyyy hope I get an interview!
          Good luck to everyone!
          Welcome! As far as I'm aware we should both get interviews ( I have 60 too!)

I'm applying to Leeds too, love them both! I'd be happy anywhere though

Good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
          Wooo this is so exciting I am a Leicester applicant!!

ReputationRep:
          I've officially applied here it's the only place that I reapplied from my last cycles choices. I've got 57/60 so i'm hopeful for gaining an interview but clearly quite a big risk given the increase in average scores n all
          I've not seen any other re-applicants going for Leicester, think it's just because the applicant to offer numbers are harsh.

ReputationRep:
          Got my confirmation email from Leicester! They officially know I exist
          Wa starting to get worried about not receiving any emails from unis yet

I'm a reapplicant and score 57/60 but love Leicester too much so hoping that scoring threshold doesn't rise!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        What time of year is the worst for students?
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.