join da club.
And me..
Ceryni
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Tired of waiting..... :unimpressed:

Can we make this a fight club? Need to hit something!
Ambitions
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ceryni)
Tired of waiting..... :unimpressed:

Can we make this a fight club? Need to hit something!
FIRST RULE OF FIGHT CLUB IS THAT YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!!

(but count me in!)
Ceryni
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ambitions)
FIRST RULE OF FIGHT CLUB IS THAT YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!!

(but count me in!)
My bad I'll go in first!

Spoiler:
Show
And probably die because I'm scrawny and have no co-ordination! :facepalm:
sophiemed
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Razer_M)
I think you should Email them and ask, no harm in trying and that is obviously the best outcome (if it is changed!)

(I got my Cambridge interview changed to a later date, and they usually never budge!)

Also congrats on the interview! I take it you are a home , Yr 13 applicant?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(Original post by timeywimey)
Hi, firstly WELL DONE you must be very happy !!!! Secondly, do you mind sharing your stats (if that's alright)?
Thanks! I am not in the UK but an EU applicant (and yes year 13).
Stats:
IB Predicted - 44/45
IGCSE: 8A*
BMAT: 5.9, 5.5, 3.5A
SuparNoob
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well done on your interview!

I'm still waiting but your interview gives me hope!

GCSE: 11A* 1A
Predicted 4A* + EPQ A*
BMAT: 5.2, 5.5, 3.5A
Layontheland
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by timeywimey)
And me..
And me :argh:
tvgc2000
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Damn my interview is coming up on the 22nd and I still depressed over pooling at cambridge. Does UCL test a lot on medical ethics?
nsid
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm a grad still waiting/ haven't heard from them yet. It's so frustrating. I did my undergrad at UCL and i recall them being quite speedy before.
I know of one person who applied as a grad and was give an interview. I'm assuming they interview all grads in January, so, i don't feel especially positive. Hmm
Willois
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Rejected today. 5.7 5.8 3B A*AB Predicted 2.1 Biomed at UCL.

Strangely not really sad, I kinda expected it. Good luck to other fellows still waiting for their decision.
firaskhan
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Willois)
Rejected today. 5.7 5.8 3B A*AB Predicted 2.1 Biomed at UCL.

Strangely not really sad, I kinda expected it. Good luck to other fellows still waiting for their decision.

What's the reason they stated? I mean your BMAT is higher in Section 1 and Section 2 than the national average this year.

May I know your other choices and outcome, please?
Willois
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by firaskhan)
What's the reason they stated? I mean your BMAT is higher in Section 1 and Section 2 than the national average this year.

May I know your other choices and outcome, please?
I didn't bother to call up. I mean I'm intl and there are 24 places for apparently a lot of candidates with much higher stats than mine. Still waiting to hear from the other 3.
Atifzaf
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
HI GUYS,
ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR INTERVIEWS. JUST TO LET YOU ALL KNOW, WE ARE NOW RUNNING INTERVIEW PREPERATION WORKSHOPS IN LONDON.

THESE WORKSHOPS ARE RUN BY CURRENT TRAINEE DOCTORS AND DENTISTS, WE HAVE 98% SUCCESS RATE, HIGHER THAN KAPLAN OR ACEMEDICINE.

Contact me now to discuss further.

Thanks
adam_dewji
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Please could anyone who has had an interview shed light on what happens on the day?
Paradox.
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by adam_dewji)
Please could anyone who has had an interview shed light on what happens on the day?
You either have a morning or afternoon interview. If morning, you can stay for a tour at about 12:30, and if afternoon you can arrive for the tour at lunch time before the interview.
You arrive at the Rockefeller Building, show the security guy your printed interview email, and take the lift upstairs and get your BMAT Essay and wait in the waiting room and chat with other applicants etc.
Dr Brenda Cross will come and give a talk, and then the interviews take place. IIRC there are about 4/5 panels running simultaneously, or there were on the 11th anyway.
Interviews last about 15-20 mins and you can go home afterwards if afternoon, or wait for the tour if morning.
It was all fairly standard and the interviewers weren't intimidating or anything!
adam_dewji
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Paradox.)
You either have a morning or afternoon interview. If morning, you can stay for a tour at about 12:30, and if afternoon you can arrive for the tour at lunch time before the interview.
You arrive at the Rockefeller Building, show the security guy your printed interview email, and take the lift upstairs and get your BMAT Essay and wait in the waiting room and chat with other applicants etc.
Dr Brenda Cross will come and give a talk, and then the interviews take place. IIRC there are about 4/5 panels running simultaneously, or there were on the 11th anyway.
Interviews last about 15-20 mins and you can go home afterwards if afternoon, or wait for the tour if morning.
It was all fairly standard and the interviewers weren't intimidating or anything!
Thank you! Bit of a cheeky question but was the interview weird or have anything particular stand out that you absolutely wouldn't expect? Or did you just have standard questions about why medicine and UCL and a few ethical problems and what not?
Paradox.
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by adam_dewji)
Thank you! Bit of a cheeky question but was the interview weird or have anything particular stand out that you absolutely wouldn't expect? Or did you just have standard questions about why medicine and UCL and a few ethical problems and what not?
Mine didn't, but a couple of other people got some weird questions (don't want to say the exact questions because it probably breaks some kind of rule? ).
My interview started off with a very standard question, and the rest was all based on my personal statement and one question on my BMAT essay. The questions definitely required a bit of thought - they want to see that you can think on your feet and have 'intellectual robustness' () as they told us before the interview.
If you're comfortable with everything you've written on your personal statement and can confidently expand on it you should be fine.
adam_dewji
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Paradox.)
Mine didn't, but a couple of other people got some weird questions (don't want to say the exact questions because it probably breaks some kind of rule? ).
My interview started off with a very standard question, and the rest was all based on my personal statement and one question on my BMAT essay. The questions definitely required a bit of thought - they want to see that you can think on your feet and have 'intellectual robustness' () as they told us before the interview.
If you're comfortable with everything you've written on your personal statement and can confidently expand on it you should be fine.
Tbh that's the bit I feel most confident about!! I shall have a look through it a couple more times before my interview though! Thank you so much for your help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (628)
80.62%
Leave (151)
19.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed