Turn on thread page Beta

Is Nasrallah a terrorist? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Is Sheikh Nasrallah, the leader of Hezbollah, a terrorist?
    Yes, and I'm Christian, and center-left to left politically.
    4.55%
    Yes, and I'm Christian, and center-right to right politically.
    8.33%
    Yes, and I'm Muslim, and center-left to left politically.
    0%
    Yes, and I'm Muslim, and center-right to right politically.
    3.79%
    Yes, and I'm agnostic/atheist, and center-left to left politically.
    15.15%
    Yes, and I'm agnostic/atheist, and center-right to right politically.
    17.42%
    Yes, and I'm Jewish, and center-left to left politically.
    3.79%
    Yes, and I'm Jewish, and center-right to right politically.
    5.30%
    No, and I'm Christian, and center-left to left politically.
    3.03%
    No, and I'm Christian, and center-right to right politically.
    2.27%
    No, and I'm Muslim, and center-left to left politically.
    8.33%
    No, and I'm Muslim, and center-right to right politically.
    12.12%
    No, and I'm agnostic/atheist, and center-left to left politically.
    9.09%
    No, and I'm agnostic/atheist, and center-right to right politically.
    3.03%
    No, and I'm Jewish, and center-left to left politically.
    0.76%
    No, and I'm Jewish, and center-right to right politically.
    3.03%

ReputationRep:
    Really? Didn't know that. Well, that's America. I still think that, based on the definition of "murder" as the deliberate killing of another human being, only the man who pulls the trigger is a murderer. His employer is not. A murderer is one who murders. Not one who gets someone else to do the murdering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Smith)
    Really? Didn't know that. Well, that's America. I still think that, based on the definition of "murder" as the deliberate killing of another human being, only the man who pulls the trigger is a murderer. His employer is not. A murderer is one who murders. Not one who gets someone else to do the murdering.
    It's a grey area, isn't it? Accomplice or accessory doesn't do justice to their actual involvment. If murderer, mass-murderer or terrorist isbn't accurate enough, what is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverIsMyName)
    It's a grey area, isn't it? Accomplice or accessory doesn't do justice to their actual involvment. If murderer, mass-murderer or terrorist isbn't accurate enough, what is?
    Eddie Izzard calls him a "genocidal f**khead". That's quite accurate.

ReputationRep:
    If a criminal gang robs your house, would you prosecute the gang leader or the man you saw hopping out your window with your jewellery in a bag? Seriously. Murderers are people who murder.

Some kind of crime like "being responsible for murder", only with a snappier name, would fill the gap. Because I'm quite happy to admit that multiple people can be responsible for killing someone. And if someone is beaten to death by a gang, say, or stabbed to death by several dozen Roman senators, I can equally well see that pinning down who actually did the killing is impossible and pretty meaningless; in that situation you'd presumably have to charge them all with attempted murder. But if one person did the deed, and another, or several others, put them up to it, I don't see how you can claim the existence of more than one murderer.

ReputationRep:
    I'm Jewish, think he's a terrorist but I don't know where my political views lie. Never looked into it. So I don't know which one to vote in. :s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helzerel)
    I'm Jewish, think he's a terrorist but I don't know where my political views lie. Never looked into it. So I don't know which one to vote in. :s:
    If you come online I'll tell ya! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helzerel)
    centre-right to right sounds the closest....:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    centre-right to right sounds the closest....:p:
    Not according to the 'political compass' thing. But I dunno. It's weird. Ask Adam. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Where did you score in the political compass?!

ReputationRep:
    ... which is a load of rubbish in any case.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's a very rough guide - that's true. But a guide of sorts!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.