Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Will add on to this
    With Costa and Giroud. Lets look at the league and CLs their stats.

Giroud has got 18 goals from 124 shots.

Costa has got 35 goals from 136 shots. So double the amount of goals in the same amount of time. So that's pretty much double the conversion rate that Giroud has got. Messi has 193 shots on goal and got one more goal than Diego Costa last season in the CL+PL.

Giroud is undoubtedly the better person at winning aerials. he has 3 times the percentage of aerials won compared to Costa.

Next bit, people talk about Girouds link up play, but Costa has a higher pass percentage than Giroud, so it could be argued that his link up play is underrated, Giroud does good flicks from time to time but it's clear that it's one of those cases that he does a good one every now and again. Also Giroud has made substantially more passes than Costa. 400 or so more in fact.

Costa actually is better at not losing possession of the ball, with less turnovers in possession.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/242...tats-offensive
    http://www.whoscored.com/Players/24444/

This was posted in January. I will look at a more recent one though.
    https://www.bsports.com/statsinsight...a#.U8Ba_fldXuI
    but if you look at it he's got 48.1% of his big chances scored. Consider that Ronaldo is on 56% and Messi was on 36% at the time and it's quite a good record.

Chelsea strikers. Torres was on the way down already at Liverpool and we didn't play the style he was suited to when he first started declining. We got Lukaku, who hasn't been given a chance. We got Sturridge and sold him, who wasn't given a chance(as I said) and we got Ba and rarely give him a run of games, despite that he's done well this season when he's come on and scored some important goals for us.

Technically Costa is a good player but clumsy, he has a very high workrate personally and this makes up for a lack of technique anyway, which I think he has personally.
    Agree with every thing said so wasn't gonna reply but the last bit intrigued me. What happened with Shevchenko btw? That was a bit before my time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Agree with every thing said so wasn't gonna reply but the last bit intrigued me. What happened with Shevchenko btw? That was a bit before my time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Shevchenko was just past it, Italian football suited him OK still because of the pace but in England he just was a yard behind all the time. Shame, was an absolute beast in the early 2000s :coma:

Had his moments at Chelsea, goal against Spurs for instance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Shevchenko was just past it, Italian football suited him OK still because of the pace but in England he just was a yard behind all the time. Shame, was an absolute beast in the early 2000s :coma:

Had his moments at Chelsea, goal against Spurs for instance.
    Why did they pay £35 million for him then? :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's Chelsea....

Strikers have a habit of losing it overnight, it can be quite unpredictable. Ronaldo, Owen, Kluivert, Torres are just 4 who went downhill and never recovered over the space of literally months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    New money. When you get a bunch of cash, more often than not you just piss it away and then devise a plan!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's Chelsea....

Strikers have a habit of losing it overnight, it can be quite unpredictable. Ronaldo, Owen, Kluivert, Torres are just 4 who went downhill and never recovered over the space of literally months.
    When you lose your legend :sad:

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1405123222.179943.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  14.3 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    £16-£20M seems to be quoted alot, but his wage demands are supposedly £150k which are about £50k above where they should be.

Khedira is a versatile midfielder though, could probably find a way to get him and Ramsey balanced like City have done with two B2B players.

Ozil would love having those two behind as well and Sanchez in front, absolute work horses all round.
    I'd be surprised if Arsene agreed to £150k, isn't Sanchez on £100k?

I suppose he could work but not sure why Wenger wouldn't go for a DM who can sit in front of the back four and offer more protection. For all that butty seems to think DMs are worthless if you could get someone to allow Ramsey to burst forward and support the defence you'd be on the way to avoiding the ridiculous routs of last season etc. Although unlikely somebody like Sven Bender springs to mind as ideal to partner Ramsey in the double pivot.

Maybe if Abou Diaby managed to stay fit you'd mitigate some of this problem. Flamini and Arteta aren't really up to it (sufficient rotation tho) for differing reasons imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Loving the PUMA kits, but the promos are cringe. Way overdone.

I think the 2nd worst thing about playing for Liverpool, after having to live in that hole of a city, would be having to be indoctrinated into the quasi-religious LFC cult by nutjobs like Phil Thompson.
    That ****'s golden. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    It's Chelsea....

Not sure about Kluivert, but there's something interesting about 3 of those 4 players. They were reliant on their pace. That's what gave them their edge, the speed at which they did their skills and their runs. The real Ronaldo in particular had a lot of pace and that made it next to impossible to tackle him.

This is why Costa will work out for us. Because he's not reliant on pace, but his strength, work rate and positioning are what makes him such a good striker. He'll keep on chirping on you until you give up, one slip and he's in. He'll have Steven Gerrard for breakfast.

ReputationRep:
    lol Gazidis is wasted: http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...alexis-sanchez

ReputationRep:
    So what about this egyptian dude, ahmed fathi?

Not seen him at all, but seems like he is quite versatile (can play DM, right back, right wing)

good deal??

ReputationRep:
    Alexis' girl:

Khedira's:

Wenger's just signing these players for the WAG talent these days I swear

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Alexis' girl:

Khedira's:

Spoiler:
    Show

Are we seriously linked to Khadira? I thought it was bul**** ::

ReputationRep:
    Alexis' girl:

Khedira's:

Spoiler:
    Show

Alexis girl looks fake and white smh. No thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's Chelsea....

Weren't a couple of those down to inury? Ronaldo especially.

Spoiler:
    Show

No thanks jeff. Cheerleader effect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Steady on brah, enough of the racism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Steady on brah, enough of the racism
    Sorry :sad: still looks fake though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Mourinho didn't want Shevchenko. He wanted Eto'o. Peter Kenyon brokered the deal, just like he did with Gael Kakuta (the affair that led to your transfer ban). Presumably he did it to impress Abramovich who admired Sheva quite a bit, and it was an easy transfer to make since Shevchenko wanted to move to the Premier League and Galliano came out and said Milan wouldn't hesitate to sell...

Shevchenko was bought a few months before his 30th birthday despite coming on the back of a decent season with Milan anyway. Add to that the time it takes to settle into a new league, learn the language, and adapt to a new style of play (i.e. not having players like Rui Costa, Kaka, Pirlo, Seedorf, etc. put chances on a plate) and its no mystery why he went down-hill.

Basically, he was never worth £35M at the time. Chelsea just got mugged off. Not to mention Mourinho didn't do his best to integrate him into the team. He played on the wing at times, since 4-3-3 was a winning formation and Drogba was too important to bench.

Still love the guy though, one of my favorite players to watch in his peak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    *******s, she's blatantly a 9/10

http://instagram.com/p/pj12aIwWSA/

ReputationRep:
    *******s, she's blatantly a 9/10

http://instagram.com/p/pj12aIwWSA/
    She looks like a Barbie doll mate. Alexis is a **** for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.