Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been asked by my school to open them on television. I'm hoping that they'll let me open them myself beforehand then I can just pretend for the camera that I've never seen them! Though, it's only on Channel 5 so I doubt that anybody will actually be watching it

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for?
    Mostly A's and a couple of B's, a few A*s would be nice. A in maths
    What are you expecting?
    A's and B's, a C and/or a D in history
    Will you be satisfied with your expectation?
    Nope
    How will you open them?
    I'll probably grab my results and open them at home in the corner of my garden
    How will you celebrate / react?
    RELIEF if I am able to study my subjects at A level. Maybe go out for dinner with my family?
    Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    What I expect:

Drama: A (would love an A* but doubt it)
    English Lang: A* (hopefully)
    Lit: A
    Media: B
    German: A
    History: B
    Free Standing Maths: C
    Science: A

No idea how I'm going to open it. It'll take me a good 20 minutes to get the courage to do it anyway.

Having a meal BEFORE results to celebrate - our last supper

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll get into sixth form though.

ReputationRep:
    It scares me and makes me feel a little poo when everyone on here is expecting 8 A* and 2 As :s not their fault i know but its only because im expecting 4 As a few Bs and Cs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beth.stoney)
    I've been asked by my school to open them on television. I'm hoping that they'll let me open them myself beforehand then I can just pretend for the camera that I've never seen them! Though, it's only on Channel 5 so I doubt that anybody will actually be watching it
    wow congratulations! what time?

ReputationRep:
    Ppl crying about a B? Jeez. I just want to pass the bloody thing so at least a c pls id be ecstatic at a b i dont understand why ppl would cry cos of it. Its still a decent grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to give mine to my mum to open for me - I can gage them by her reaction haha

ReputationRep:
    I have to be there for 9:00am but I don't think that it will be broadcast until later, it's quite nerve racking, I was planning to open them in private!

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for?
    3 A*s, 4 As and a C but that's totally unrealistic
    What are you expecting?
    2 As, 2 Bs, 3 Cs and a D
    Not really, no, because I wont get into sixth form. My exams were horrendous which is disappointing considering how much effort I've put in the past two years and how well I did in my mocks.
    How will you open them?
    I'll go home to do so. I'll probably wait a while and drink too much orange juice or something.
    Depends on how they go. I'll be very happy if I'm into my desired sixth form, but a little disappointed in myself if not. If I get anything like my "hoping for" I'll probably cry with joy for years.
    I doubt it, to be quite honest, but I'm keeping the faith. I need an average of a B. Who knows. Could be who knows etc etc GCSE music blah.

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for? - "Anything that will get me into Dental School" - Basically all A*s, but that wont happen
    What are you expecting? - Pessimistically, 2As and the rest Bs. Optimistically, 2 Bs and the rest As
    Will you be satisfied with your expectation? - No. Probably won't ever be

How will you open them? Not sure, probably by a tree or something

How will you celebrate / react? Immediately: Rip up the results sheet Joking, if I don't get any B's I'll be over the moon. If I messed up, basically I'll stay at my little tree for a while and probably cry Afterwards: Meeting up with friends all in my year group from other schools for bowling and lunch out. Ooh, and a party this weekend with my family (that's more for my sister with her A levels though..)
    Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer? Already have, ish. Even if I don't get 6 Bs, I'll still get in as people last year didn't make the grades but still got in.

ReputationRep:
    I will be. Haha probably not actually if you're going in at 9-ish because I won't be home - but that's still pretty cool... But I'd be really scared to do that!

ReputationRep:
    GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for?
    Maths - A* (100% )
    FSMQ - A
    English Lit - A/B
    English lang - A*/A
    Biology - A/B
    Chemistry - A*
    Physics - A*/A
    Geography - A*
    History - A*
    French - A* (100% UMS in listening and reading)
    Music - A

6 A* 3 A 1 B (+ A in FSMQ)

What are you expecting?
    Maths - A*
    FSMQ - A/B
    English Lit - B/C
    English lang - A/B
    Biology - A/B (grade boundaries are kinder than I thought)
    Chemistry - A*/A
    Physics - A/ B
    Geography - A* (also kind grade boundaries)
    History - A (thank God for controlled assessment)
    French - A*
    Music - B/C (dear God I did badly in listening compared to the grade boundaries)

3.5 A* 2.5 A 2 B 0.5 C (+ A* in Spanish from Year 9 and B in RS from Year 10)

As long as I get an A not a B in Physics I'm happy enough (although C in Music will upset me a tad)

How will you open them?
    Probably walk to a corner of the hall (shaking from anxiety), open them and then (ngl) get upset if I've got less than I expect. A lot of my peers expect me to do really well and social anxiety dictates that I will feel well, anxious around them if I don't

I'm going to pick up my brother from France. He's just turned 12 and I haven't seen him in 6 months bc he's living there to learn French

I expect so (A* in Maths, A in Chemistry and Physics, B in English with a B average)

ReputationRep:
    Wow I wouldn't agree to that. Surely you can open them privately first and then fake it for the cameras?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BoomCha!)
    Wow I wouldn't agree to that. Surely you can open them privately first and then fake it for the cameras?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My friend did that last year and they let her open them first as long as she didn't rip the envelope haha, good Luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for?

I'm hoping for straight A*s of course (In my dreams lol)! I'm hoping for 100 UMS in Spanish. I also really want an A* in maths because I was 1 mark off in the mock.

What are you expecting?

A*/A majority - I got all A*s apart from maths (A) in my mocks, so I guess I'm expecting a repeat of that but with a couple more As.

I doubt it - I'm never happy with what I get in anything. (Blaming my dad for this one)

How will you open them?

Pass the envelope to my mother.

I will probably jump on someone and give them a big hug/cry. Then I'm going out to eat TWICE and going to the seaside!

I imagine so. I already have 1 A*, so I just need to get 4 b's and I will be in.

ReputationRep:
    "With my teeth." LOOOOOOOOOOOOL rep infinitely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just_Another_One)
    Yeah, you too Megan See ya around.
    Lol you to 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaringDaniel)
    That is pure evil but true I don't give a toss what others get.
    Still planning to open them with your teeth? :lol:
    (Original post by 雷尼克)
    I'm expecting 2.998x10^8 A*s
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for?
    2 A*s, 4 As, 4 Bs and a Distinction.
    What are you expecting?
    1 A*, 2 As, 5 Bs and 2 Cs (or a C and D), and a Merit.
    No.
    How will you open them?
    I won't. My mother has been asking me if she could open them for me months in advance, so… :|
    How will you react?
    A lot of tears will be shed either way.
    How will you celebrate?
    By getting some sleep.
    Will you meet your college/sixth form offer?
    I hope so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    "With my teeth." LOOOOOOOOOOOOL rep infinitely
    I would totally do this, but my damn braces would probably get stuck in the thing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.