The Student Room Group

Nottingham A100 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Interview tomorrow & so so nervous! Had a quick look at NHS & recent news things, but nothing is sticking in my head :frown: Severe lack of prep as have only just come back from Amsterdam :colondollar:
Never done an MMI/roleplay/scenario type thing before, so have completely NO IDEA.

Anyone got an tips/advice? Think it says it's 4 stations, based on clinical scenarios & 1 roleplay...does that mean they won't ask about personal statement/why med/NHS etc?
Original post by ohdearme
Interview tomorrow & so so nervous! Had a quick look at NHS & recent news things, but nothing is sticking in my head :frown: Severe lack of prep as have only just come back from Amsterdam :colondollar:
Never done an MMI/roleplay/scenario type thing before, so have completely NO IDEA.

Anyone got an tips/advice? Think it says it's 4 stations, based on clinical scenarios & 1 roleplay...does that mean they won't ask about personal statement/why med/NHS etc?

relax! 50% of it is your mindset on the day. MMIs are designed so minimal preparation is needed as it is testing YOU as a person. If you believe you can do it and you deserve a place there then that will shine through in confidence and your answers.

Good luck! Mine's at 8.30 tomorrow :smile:
Okay so I've got my interview tomorrow :s-smilie: Just wanted to ask....does anyone know how to get there from Nottingham Train Station?
Original post by exampl2000
Okay so I've got my interview tomorrow :s-smilie: Just wanted to ask....does anyone know how to get there from Nottingham Train Station?

Have a look on the website it should say , good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Down the hill and over the bridge from the train station, either get the Indigo or i4 from the bus station or the 34 from the stops in the street. £1 fares if you have any kind of student ID, you need exact change if you get the 34 but the other two give change.
Original post by Fission_Mailed
Down the hill and over the bridge from the train station, either get the Indigo or i4 from the bus station or the 34 from the stops in the street. £1 fares if you have any kind of student ID, you need exact change if you get the 34 but the other two give change.

Original post by lulagirl15
Have a look on the website it should say , good luck :smile:

Thank You :smile:
So do they want certified copies of our GCSE certificates, or can we just photocopy them ourselves?
Original post by BrokenS0ulz
So do they want certified copies of our GCSE certificates, or can we just photocopy them ourselves?

I think it's better to bring a certified copy, a photocopy sounds suspicious. Unless you can't get rbr official one
Original post by Nottie
I think it's better to bring a certified copy, a photocopy sounds suspicious. Unless you can't get rbr official one

I was going to bring the real ones also. I don't go to the same school that I did my GCSEs at anymore, so it's a bit annoying. But I guess I will have to go and do it.
Does anyone know anything more about the stations other than there are 4 of them and one will involve role play?? Is there somewhere we can find the titles of each station or do we have to just wait and see? (I'm not trying to get questions it's just that Birmingham sent me a list of the stations and what they were about and I was just wondering if I'd missed something?!?) :smile:
I was going to bring the real ones also. I don't go to the same school that I did my GCSEs at anymore, so it's a bit annoying. But I guess I will have to go and do it.

well I brought the originals, photocopy and the official transcript. Cant remember which they took though
Make sure you bring photocopies of EVERYTHING and also a passport picture. You probably all know this but I didn't and it was really embarrassing not having the right things

Posted from TSR Mobile
Make sure you bring photocopies of EVERYTHING and also a passport picture. You probably all know this but I didn't and it was really embarrassing not having the right things

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope it went well. Do you mind telling me if they wanted certified copies of everything, or photocopies done at home?
Hope it went well. Do you mind telling me if they wanted certified copies of everything, or photocopies done at home?

Photocopies done at home & bring originals too just in case. Make sure you do it I looked like an idiot had to go to the library and get photocopies done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Photocopies done at home & bring originals too just in case. Make sure you do it I looked like an idiot had to go to the library and get photocopies done.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry....you weren't the only one XD although they said I could email them :tongue:
Don't worry....you weren't the only one XD although they said I could email them :tongue:

Phew haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
relax! 50% of it is your mindset on the day. MMIs are designed so minimal preparation is needed as it is testing YOU as a person. If you believe you can do it and you deserve a place there then that will shine through in confidence and your answers.

Good luck! Mine's at 8.30 tomorrow :smile:

How was it? Obviously i dont mean what were the stations because that would breach the confidentiality agreement, but were the interviewers nice and stuff?
any grad (in final year of another degree) apply to a100 heard yet?

what interview dates have been/what future dates have been confirmed?
Has Nottingham sent any rejections yet?
I'm in my final year of my first degree too and I still haven't heard back :/ Nottingham is the only uni left to get back to me. I emailed them and they said they would be sending out more interviews shortly and they will be interviewing up to March

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending