Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puffin Boffin)
    Im applying to Cambridge, LSE, Warwick, St Andrews and Durham. I already have an A* in maths and am predicted A*AA in my other 3 which are further maths, history and chemistry. I hope I get some offers soon. Is anyone else applying to these unit and do you know how long it takes to get responses from them.
    I've applied to cambridge warwick and durham too!

I think durham take their time with it all so that could be a while
    Cambridge invited people to interview around 2 weeks before so mid November (?)
    And warwick have already given out a few offers so I guess they're working on a rolling basis

No idea about the other 2 sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovyd97)
    Anyone got any offers yet?? One of my friends got an offer for Bath and one got an offer for Warwick Economics!!3 It's so early!!! I'm sending mine off tonight - I'd be so psyched if I got an offer in the next week or so!
    How strong were your friends' applications?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any offers yet?? One of my friends got an offer for Bath and one got an offer for Warwick Economics!!3 It's so early!!! I'm sending mine off tonight - I'd be so psyched if I got an offer in the next week or so!
    Do you know what your friends stats where who got an offer for Warwick economics? Thats so crazy! Ive not sent mine off yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So I got an email from LSE saying they'd received my UCAS application, but I was confused by the email because I'd been seeing people say that LSE ask for module results?

In the email it said "It is Undergraduate Admissions policy to make decisions based solely on the information presented on your UCAS application"

It does then go onto say, "
    In instances where we require additional information in order to make a decision (i.e. predicted grades, clarification about your qualifications, details of extenuating circumstances, etc), I will contact you." - so is that part meaning that module scores will sometimes be asked for or is the first part outright saying they won't?

I'm just curious and wondering if anyone else knows more!

ReputationRep:
    At a level i got A in maths biology german and turkish and B in chemistry
    My predicted grades will probably be A in maths biology german and A* in turkish

I am thinking of applying to warwick, surrey, york, birmingham and southampton --- actually might change one to nottingham

Are these realistic choices and also, how likely is it to get an interview?

Also further maths and economics were available at my sixth form but i didn't choose them. Would that put my choices at risk? So scaredddd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RAV 123)
    I got it. What do you think my chances are?
    If you continue with 4 a levels, they want a*aab right? Just wondering, because i am doing turkish -a* maths biology and german and i dropped chemistry -b

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)
    Do you know what your friends stats where who got an offer for Warwick economics? Thats so crazy! Ive not sent mine off yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All A*s at GCSE, 5 As at AS, 4 A* predictions for A2. Although, if its any reassurance, their PS wasnt that good (IMO) so I guess grades are more important.

ReputationRep:
    All A*s at GCSE, 5 As at AS, 4 A* predictions for A2. Although, if its any reassurance, their PS wasnt that good (IMO) so I guess grades are more important.

Oh god im not surprised he/she got an offer so quickly
    Really? Thats a little reassuring thanks
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I am a student in my last year of a levels from Pakistan and I have decided to apply to UK. I have visited UK and went to the campus tour for Warwick and I absolutely loved it. But I also saw LSE from the outside and it seems nice too. After I got 3As and a B, I decided to try out for LSE but I obviously can't get in pure economics as it supports further math which I don't have so I have decided to apply for philosophy and economics there though I don't know if I like philosophy that much. But this way I can't apply to Warwick because it doesn't have this course but I really want to apply there. So can anyone help me decide whether to go for philosophy and econ at LSE or just economics at Warwick? Also which of the two courses have better job prospects?

ReputationRep:
    Economics at Warwick definately has better job prospects

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doublecc123)
    If you continue with 4 a levels, they want a*aab right? Just wondering, because i am doing turkish -a* maths biology and german and i dropped chemistry -b
    I dunno, I am taking 4 as well but I think they may have removed that offer. On their website it just says A*AA now.

ReputationRep:
    Submitted my application yesterday for Cambridge, Warwick, Nottingham, Manchester, Sheffield! Absolutely terrified.. esp about cambridge since I don't even have further maths but am predicted 3 a*s at a2 so i thought i may as well take the risk.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here applying to Eco and Politics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YNWA)
    Anyone here applying to Eco and Politics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes! Hi!

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, I am taking 4 as well but I think they may have removed that offer. On their website it just says A*AA now.
    Do they want a* in maths?

ReputationRep:
    Do they want a* in maths?
    Nah, one of the A*AA grades has to be Maths. So an A*/A in maths.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, one of the A*AA grades has to be Maths. So an A*/A in maths.
    Cool cool which unis are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    Cool cool which unis are you applying to?
    Oxford, Warwick, Nottingham, Bristol, Bath.

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Applied to City, Brunel, Queen Mary, Reading (Finance and Investment Banking) and Southampton

All applications were received on Thursday got on offer on Friday from City. Which is decent haha, anyone else applied to any of these or thinking of applying to any of them?

ReputationRep:
    My current choices are Oxford, Warwick, UCL, Bristol and Nottingham and i need to send the form off by today or tomorrow.
    The thing i'm not sure about is if I should apply to LSE? I have all the academic requirements (3A* predictions, AAAA, 8A* GCSE), I have done (only) AS further maths and I think I have quite a good personal statement.

My first 3 choices I am set on, but I am contemplating swapping LSE in for either Bristol or Nottingham. I am not too keen on Nottingham, and although I love the city Bristol, their economics department is not the best.
    My initial main reason for not picking LSE was that all of these unis are really competitive and in a worst case scenario I could end up with no offers! What is the likelihood of this? Also, I am not doing A2 further maths.. (although have done AS).

Do you think I should stick with my current choices or put LSE down for Bristol or Nottingham? Thanks in advance!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.