Durham offer holders 2015 thread Watch

Lauraalice.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gj12)
Well Done!!! I got mine in November... which college did you put down? x
I asked for St Cuths as I want to be self catered you?? And congratulations!
drinkingtea
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Poppy 38)
Congratulations - was it BSc or MChem - Industrial? Can I ask your stats please?
Thank you ^^
It was for MChem (4 years)
I have 4A* and 6A's at GCSE and 4As at AS and predicted 4A*s (unlikely :') ) for Chemistry, Physics, Biology and Maths c:
celi_leverton
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by laishley1)
has anyone got offers for econ and politics yet?
I wouldn't worry, I also applied for Economics and Politics at Durham but haven't heard back yet and neither have many of my friends who applied to Durham. Good luck and I hope you hear from them soon
J.Fisher1997
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by J3SS742)
Hey! So Ive applied to Durham as well for Biology but I live in York so I can tell you a bit about that too!
Im not sure but I think York might have better rankings for Biological Sciences than Durham so it might be better academically, but Durham is a lot more collegiate and traditional as far as Im aware if that is something you like/dislike
Personally I think York is the most beautiful city on earth but I might be bit biased Durhams also really nice, but overall I think York might be the better uni for sciences if that helps at all
Thank you very much, I appreciate your input! Have you not applied to York then? And what do you wish to study in the up coming months?
J.Fisher1997
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by J3SS742)
Hey! So Ive applied to Durham as well for Biology but I live in York so I can tell you a bit about that too!
Im not sure but I think York might have better rankings for Biological Sciences than Durham so it might be better academically, but Durham is a lot more collegiate and traditional as far as Im aware if that is something you like/dislike
Personally I think York is the most beautiful city on earth but I might be bit biased Durhams also really nice, but overall I think York might be the better uni for sciences if that helps at all
No wait you want to study biology too. My bad
Pheebles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Received an offer at 5.40 today for psychology, as did my boyfriend for Philosophy, and I've applied for StMary's It seemed from the offer that people who received an offer will be considered within the first group for college allocation which is awesome!

SO EXCITED
trubadur
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Pheebles)
Received an offer at 5.40 today for psychology, as did my boyfriend for Philosophy, and I've applied for StMary's It seemed from the offer that people who received an offer will be considered within the first group for college allocation which is awesome!

SO EXCITED
Congrats to both of you:congrats:
Pheebles
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by trubadur)
Congrats to both of you:congrats:
Thank you very much! It's going to be a bit stressful relying on each other to get the grades, but it will be worth it to go to such an amazing place together

What position are you at in the Durham application process? (presumably an offer holder from the thread title! )
trubadur
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you very much! It's going to be a bit stressful relying on each other to get the grades, but it will be worth it to go to such an amazing place together

What position are you at in the Durham application process? (presumably an offer holder from the thread title! )
Good luck in getting the grades:yy:
I am waiting for almost 3 months, but as an EU applicant I know,I need more patience:mad:
Pheebles
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Good luck in getting the grades:yy:
I am waiting for almost 3 months, but as an EU applicant I know,I need more patience:mad:
I'm sure your offer will come they probably send out international offers in different blocks than national offers. My friend, currently at Durham, who nearly got into Oxford only got his offer in March, so don't lose hope with it!
trubadur
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm sure your offer will come they probably send out international offers in different blocks than national offers. My friend, currently at Durham, who nearly got into Oxford only got his offer in March, so don't lose hope with it!
Thanks I already got 2 good offers from York and Nott and still wait from Durham,StA and Edi.
Pheebles
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks I already got 2 good offers from York and Nott and still wait from Durham,StA and Edi.
Congrats on those, and good luck with the rest!
trubadur
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Congrats on those, and good luck with the rest!
Thank you and may all your dreams come true
Rid
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Aw, thankyou yours too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rid
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hahah I though this was the other thread *embarrassed*

Posted from TSR Mobile
s081096
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BitWindy)
Just got A*AA offer for PPE

Still waiting on St Andrews before making any decisions but I think Durham could well be my firm!

Anyone else apply for St John's?
Congrats! May i ask what your grades were?
BitWindy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by s081096)
Congrats! May i ask what your grades were?
GCSE: 5A*, 5A, 1B
AS: History A, English Lit A, Maths A, Physics D
A2 (Predicted): A*A*A respectively (dropped physics )

Not mind-blowing but apparently adequate. I think my PS was pretty good.

Are you waiting for an offer?
s081096
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
GCSE: 5A*, 5A, 1B
AS: History A, English Lit A, Maths A, Physics D
A2 (Predicted): A*A*A respectively (dropped physics )

Not mind-blowing but apparently adequate. I think my PS was pretty good.

Are you waiting for an offer?
Yes i am! i've applied in mid-november :/ i've got 9 A*s and 2 As at igcse and 5 A's in my AS units. im predicted A*A*AA
BitWindy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by s081096)
Yes i am! i've applied in mid-november :/ i've got 9 A*s and 2 As at igcse and 5 A's in my AS units. im predicted A*A*AA
I applied in mid-October.

What did you apply for?

Your grades look great, good luck
s081096
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I applied in mid-October.

What did you apply for?

Your grades look great, good luck
Thanks! PPE! And the wait is killing me cause it seems that they have already given out a lot of PPE offers!

My A levels were als History, English Lit, Maths as well as Modern Greek and French
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Mon, 1 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (508)
37.71%
No - but I will (103)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (644)
47.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed