Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemlover12)
    Oh nice!
    Thanks, hey, im done with what i intended to do, gonna head to bed.

The mods will probably delete our posts [ sorry mods] , nice chatting to you, see yah around for sure ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninjasinpjs)
    Thanks, hey, im done with what i intended to do, gonna head to bed.

The mods will probably delete our posts [ sorry mods] , nice chatting to you, see yah around for sure ^^
    Night night!

Lol. It was nice talking to you too Yea XD

ReputationRep:
    hey guys.. anyone who tried june 2014 question 7, why multiply the surface by 2 when they say its rotated through pi radians?
    and part c, i cant figure out why its pi/2 without any working. its just 1 mark

ReputationRep:
    HELP! I learnt Vectors yesterday and I'm learning the second half of Matrices today. Does anyone know a way where I can find good practice questions that will prepare me for tomorrow other than past papers? 80-85 UMS will suffice. Who knows the best way to prepare for the exam? I'm in dire need of some sort of adequate preparation.

ReputationRep:
    For 2013R question 3, my equation was already in the required circle form at the end of part b. But this is not given in the mark scheme, even though I did it algebraically (not assuming it was a circle or anything like that) and the question just says "find a Cartesian equation". This seems a bit stupid, and what am I supposed to say in part c; "this is the equation of a circle so it's a circle"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A*desperate!)
    hey guys.. anyone who tried june 2014 question 7, why multiply the surface by 2 when they say its rotated through pi radians?
    b) general area of circle = 2pi(r)^2 so in this case area of circle 2pi x integral by given formula.
    edit: oops sorry. ignore this ^

c) general formula: y= squrt(r^2 - x^2) in part c they gave y=squrt(1-x^2) so the radius is one. If you draw a circle with the radius 1. You can clearly see the angle between when x=0 and x=1 is pi/2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abel Demoz)
    HELP! I learnt Vectors yesterday and I'm learning the second half of Matrices today. Does anyone know a way where I can find good practice questions that will prepare me for tomorrow other than past papers? 80-85 UMS will suffice. Who knows the best way to prepare for the exam? I'm in dire need of some sort of adequate preparation.
    Some people on this thread have been looking at the questions in the Review exercise of the FP3 textbook so maybe you could have a look at them.

ReputationRep:
    b) general area of circle = 2pi(r)^2 so in this case area of circle 2pi x integral by given formula.

c) general formula: y= squrt(r^2 - x^2) in part c they gave y=squrt(1-x^2) so the radius is one. If you draw a circle with the radius 1. You can clearly see the angle between when x=0 and x=1 is pi/2.
    Someone's never heard the Circle Song...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z4SUypJZxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    Someone's never heard the Circle Song...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z4SUypJZxo
    lol oops -.-'

ReputationRep:
    edit: oops sorry. ignore this ^

oh I'll go through that again now, thank you! !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A*desperate!)
    Because in question you should rotate full circle around x-axis for pi radians (which would give you a sphere), not just the part that is above x-axis (which gives you half-sphere). However, you are allowed to use integral formula for surface only for function. Therefore you use symmetry and multiply by 2.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the examiners report for June 2014?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BP_Tranquility)
    Does anyone have the examiners report for June 2014?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...-June-2014.pdf

it says FP1 but it's actually FP3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    no worries ... I get more pleasure when people use my stuff.
    in your reduction formula booklet, question 17, it says in the question sqt(1+x^2)
    but in the solution it solves it with sqt(1-x^2).
    in question 18, the position of In and I(n+1) in the question is different. (doesn't match solution)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    For 2013R question 3, my equation was already in the required circle form at the end of part b. But this is not given in the mark scheme, even though I did it algebraically (not assuming it was a circle or anything like that) and the question just says "find a Cartesian equation". This seems a bit stupid, and what am I supposed to say in part c; "this is the equation of a circle so it's a circle"?
    As long as your final answer is in the form (x-a)^2 + (y-b)^2 = c then yes lol just say its in the form of an equation of a circle and that should get you the marks, though it seems you did parts of (c) in (b)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's a silly question because you're meant to stop in (b) as soon as you get an equation, but the primal mathematician instinct in all of us wants to simplify it there and then...

ReputationRep:
    would be nice to see some working

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachu)
    in your reduction formula booklet, question 17, it says in the question sqt(1+x^2)
    but in the solution it solves it with sqt(1-x^2).
    in question 18, the position of In and I(n+1) in the question is different. (doesn't match solution)

thank you

I will try to look at them tonight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninjasinpjs)
    would be nice to see some working
    Name:  loci.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  57.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    thank you

I will try to look at them tonight
    thank you for the questions .. they were fun to solve and look at your method of solving. I had never thought of using those addition trig identities. . I just solved them long way. Your method is faster.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 13, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.