Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC watch

ReputationRep:
    i really feel like im gonna throw up now omg :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    you know the question where you have to talk about something in one other part of the novel, I'm really struggling to find the extracts to talk about! HELP!!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what theme questions have already come up for AIC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dawideksoltysik)
    what would you say about curley if he comes up? I am confident about AIC, knowing Mr Birling, Sheila, Gerald really well. My teacher said you'd be stupid to choose a theme, whatever it is!
    So much, his violent behaviour, how he objectifies his wife, the way he tries to prove his power and gain it, his inferiority complex, maybe the nepotism that was apparent in society etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rtolat369)
    how should I revise The Crucible?
    Dont. thats my plan :///

i swear down i am so panicked right now, praying for a Parris question

ReputationRep:
    What could you say about Curleys wife or Candy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rtdsv)
    She wants the D. And he wants to have an easy retirement.

(Original post by zeba_01)
    Anyone know how much to actually write for part (b)?
    mr bruff said you dont have to write exactly the same amount for part and part b
    watch his latest 2 videos.

(Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    She wants the D. And he wants to have an easy retirement.
    LMFAO

ReputationRep:
    What could be the themes used in AIC , and are we all agreeing on Mrs.B and maybe Gerald?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thetruthteller)
    she wants the d. And he wants to have an easy retirement.
    looooool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie15)
    urgent! anyone give any predictions for TKAMB and The Crucible?! We can discuss and give help.
    wow you take the exact same stuff as me :O
    i reckon it's gonna be between elizabeth and reputation for section a and atticus or courage for part b in section b
    im so panicked for this exam aednaosefbouefboefsfkesa n

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rtdsv)
    You could talk about the other characters reaction to her - "jailbait", "*****", "that's what Curley picks for a wife?" - how they see women as interfering with the mens relationship and getting them into trouble like what happened with Lennie and the girl in Weed. How lonley she is on the ranch - there's no women for her to befriend, and when she tries to make friends with the men they exclude her. How she had her own American dream that she gave up on. Stuff like that, I guess.

For Candy you could talk about his physical disabilities (his age + arm) isolate him from the rest of the ranch and make him feel worthless/left out, making him cling onto the hope of the American dream of having his own ranch. The bit with his dog and how it foreshadows Geogre killing Lennie - how the dog being shot because it was worthless reflects society - if you're of no use to anyone, you're worthless, and how this reflects on Candy. How he doesn't understand the companionship between Lennie + George.

Kinda rambled, sorry. I don't really have coherent thoughts :P Tired from all this revision >.> Hope I helped a bit! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liziepie)
    You could talk about the other characters reaction to her - "jailbait", "*****", "that's what Curley picks for a wife?" - how they see women as interfering with the mens relationship and getting them into trouble like what happened with Lennie and the girl in Weed. How lonley she is on the ranch - there's no women for her to befriend, and when she tries to make friends with the men they exclude her. How she had her own American dream that she gave up on. Stuff like that, I guess.

For Candy you could talk about his physical disabilities (his age + arm) isolate him from the rest of the ranch and make him feel worthless/left out, making him cling onto the hope of the American dream of having his own ranch. The bit with his dog and how it foreshadows Geogre killing Lennie - how the dog being shot because it was worthless reflects society - if you're of no use to anyone, you're worthless, and how this reflects on Candy. How he doesn't understand the companionship between Lennie + George.

Kinda rambled, sorry. I don't really have coherent thoughts :P Tired from all this revision >.> Hope I helped a bit! Good luck!
    Looked at the past papers and Curleys wife came up. Has to be Candy or a random theme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rtdsv)
    Looked at the past papers and Curleys wife came up. Has to be Candy or a random theme.
    Candy, loneliness or the american dream would be a godsend *prays*

ReputationRep:
    is anyone doing purple hibiscus tomorrow? dreading the exam...

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing under milk wood? I'm stressing so much over it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by osnapitzkimmy)
    Candy, loneliness or the american dream would be a godsend *prays*
    I find that too vague, but it'll probably come up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dawideksoltysik)
    what would you say about curley if he comes up? I am confident about AIC, knowing Mr Birling, Sheila, Gerald really well. My teacher said you'd be stupid to choose a theme, whatever it is!
    Hi what do you mean that by that ? Are u saying that u shouldtalk about the theme for aic? Sounds lile ur pretty confident,what would ur structure be forur aic answer?

ReputationRep:
    praying that mr birling and Candy and his ****ty dog come up god pls pls

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 3, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.