Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried contacting the admissions office to find out what's wrong specifically? Because it's sounds like you have the perfect background to me! Maybe it's the way you've answered each question?? My fingers are tightly crossed for u

ReputationRep:
    QUOTE=Ugomma;57695579 Congratulations Katbatt, looking forward to seeing you in September. To answer your question regarding accommodation, I live in Romford and will be commuting in.
    Gumtree is a good place to post your ad as well as spareroom.com[ QUOTE]

Congratulations to you too and thank you for your advice, will definitely be posting on both sites. Also looking forward to meeting you in September, can't wait to get started!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, Ugommo I haven't managed to arrange anything yet but am sure there is going to be a good group of us PGDippers and am looking forward to meeting everyone!

As for being older, I am 31 and also switching careers... I was quite nervous about doing the whole uni thing again as an older student but am sure there will be lots of older students and we will have a great time! ;-)

ReputationRep:
    hey

I need help with my DBS check, I have no idea where i am going wrong. If anyone can help me, can you please private message me, I'm so confused so any help will be appreciated.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rxy)
    hey

I need help with my DBS check, I have no idea where i am going wrong. If anyone can help me, can you please private message me, I'm so confused so any help will be appreciated.

thanks
    Hi, I'm not sure how to pm people on this site. I also got an email today telling me to urgently send my documents for the check. I have gotten reminders over time but I am registered for the update service and had sent my certificate to them on 22nd June. I called them today and was told whoever was responsible had not updated my info and will be alerted to do so. It might be worth calling them tomorrow and if you have any further questions and prefer to pm, I will be help where I can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ugomma)
    Hi, I'm not sure how to pm people on this site. I also got an email today telling me to urgently send my documents for the check. I have gotten reminders over time but I am registered for the update service and had sent my certificate to them on 22nd June. I called them today and was told whoever was responsible had not updated my info and will be alerted to do so. It might be worth calling them tomorrow and if you have any further questions and prefer to pm, I will be help where I can.

yes thats the email. but since i was really busy, i thought i had done it but i havent as i was waiting for my passport to arrive, since it expired.

ReputationRep:
    hi all,has anyone from king's college received their DBS certificate for September start? Also can anyone confirm if this 'Please wait for the Certificate before making a recruitment, employment or licensing decision regarding this applicant' is a standard disclaimer on the despatch page of DBS tracking or it literally means there is something on the certificate?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone please? I did 2 DBS checks, one for a care job I applied to in May and it took 75 days and a second one for kings college Adult nursing in June which took 65 days and with both I had to call Scotland yard after 60 days to chase them up last week. I just tracked both applications and they have been printed and despatched. These applications can take really looooong sometimes and I was starting to worry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rxy)
    yes thats the email. but since i was really busy, i thought i had done it but i havent as i was waiting for my passport to arrive, since it expired.
    I will get it done asap rxy, delays shouldn't prevent you from starting your course next month but will delay your placement which if I remember correctly, we were told would be sometime around december. I sent it off as soon as i received it because I was sure I would get very busy and soon forget. All the best and hope you get sorted soon.

ReputationRep:
    I will get it done asap rxy, delays shouldn't prevent you from starting your course next month but will delay your placement which if I remember correctly, we were told would be sometime around december. I sent it off as soon as i received it because I was sure I would get very busy and soon forget. All the best and hope you get sorted soon.

thanks. i wish i were wise as you. feel so annoyed and i cant explain the feeling to anyone. the best thing i will do is phone in to kings and tell them my situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akosuamansa)
    Anyone please? I did 2 DBS checks, one for a care job I applied to in May and it took 75 days and a second one for kings college Adult nursing in June which took 65 days and with both I had to call Scotland yard after 60 days to chase them up last week. I just tracked both applications and they have been printed and despatched. These applications can take really looooong sometimes and I was starting to worry!
    Hi Akosua, if you subscribed to the update service with your first DBS certificate then you don't need a second DBS. Simply email the certificate to them and they will check your details and accept it if satisfactory. On the other hand, some people do have their checks take long to arrive. Maybe from constant change of address but I can't say as mine has never taken more than a week to arrive. Either way youre sorted now so that must be a relief.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rxy)
    thanks. i wish i were wise as you. feel so annoyed and i cant explain the feeling to anyone. the best thing i will do is phone in to kings and tell them my situation.
    Dont worry i know the feeling well. Do you mind me asking if your passport is back? I wouldn't panic just yet. I will have to reply you tomorrow as I'm struggling to keep awake. Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry i know the feeling well. Do you mind me asking if your passport is back? I wouldn't panic just yet. I will have to reply you tomorrow as I'm struggling to keep awake. Cheers

yep its back, got my passport, my bank statement, but that's all i have which i can certify at the post office, however can i just scan my birth certificate through, when i'm scanning the certified documents?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Ugomma, thanks for the reply but funny enough both certificates were dispatched yesterday so i haven't received them yet. I am very relieved to say the least that it is done.

ReputationRep:
    rxy, I think you'll need a utility bill as well and they all have to be certified at the post office with a stamp, your birth cert inclusive. it will be rejected if you just scan it through without a stamp

ReputationRep:
    rxy, I think you'll need a utility bill as well and they all have to be certified at the post office with a stamp, your birth cert inclusive. it will be rejected if you just scan it through without a stamp

i dont have bills. i have no idea of what else to do?

ReputationRep:
    what about the letter from student finance?

ReputationRep:
    hi,
    were you given a list of documents to take to the post office? i think the minimum is 3. if you live with your parents you can use their utility bill. you know what? I'll advise you to call Dbs tomorrow to tell them what you've got and if you can use your household utility bill cos they are just verifying your address and with your bank statement, you should be fine. their number is 03000200190

ReputationRep:
    hi,
    were you given a list of documents to take to the post office? i think the minimum is 3. if you live with your parents you can use their utility bill. you know what? I'll advise you to call Dbs tomorrow to tell them what you've got and if you can use your household utility bill cos they are just verifying your address and with your bank statement, you should be fine. their number is 03000200190
    thanks for your help, i will call them in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    Hi rxy,
    The email you received yesterday about urgent dbs docs has an attachment which lists documents you can provide. Why not go through the list, you might have some other document in the list you can provide besides a utility bill. If you dont have the list I could try to copy and paste for you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 19, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.