Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah117)
    Thank you!! Do we need to know any supporting evidence/related studies?
    You're welcome. Well, the only supporting study was done by Freud. I think that's an A02, that Freud has no evidence for his theory and that the only potential evidence he has was a study conducted by himself and prone to bias. Especially since Freud would write down his findings a long time after the study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by molly2947)
    Guys how would you format a 12 mark essay on how research into attachment has influenced childcare practices? What would you put as AO2 points? Just the studies that support the changes? I.e. That substitute emotional care whilst in institutional care must be provided, this was due to Roberson and Robertsons finding..... I'm finding it hard to structure an essay for this question
    Yeah that's exactly how I'd do it! I really hope we wouldn't get a 12 marker on that though because there isn't really that much to say🙈

ReputationRep:
    For a 12 mark question on the multi store model what would you write for the ao1? Would you write about capacity,duration and encoding?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kloekayne)
    For a 12 mark question on the multi store model what would you write for the ao1? Would you write about capacity,duration and encoding?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would outline 6 main points:
    1) It is a structural model
    2) Information passes from one memory store to the next in a linear way
    3) Distinct separate stores for STM and LTM
    4) STM and LTM have different characteristics for encoding, capacity and duration
    5) Reasons for forgetting are different for each store (SM - decay, STM - displacement, LTM - retrieval failure)
    6) Information passes from one store to the next in different ways (SM to STM - attention, STM to LTM - rehearsal)

I think this would be enough to get 6 marks, but not 100% sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amberuniverse)
    Ughhh I hope it's not age. I found anxiety so much easier idk why
    Age is annoying If it does appear, I'm going to do Poole and Lindsay, Yarmey and Anastasi and Rhodes

ReputationRep:
    My psychology teacher said it is unlikely to be age for EWT, as this has come up a couple times in recent years ) So hopefully not!!

ReputationRep:
    What doeS everyone think the 12 markeR will be this year?!????

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any links to studies for the impacts of day care on peer relations as my book has virtually no studies on this

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any notes on research methods?? I'm freaking out about them!!! :0 or are there any useful links??

Thanks, in advance, guys! I'll try and help the best i can!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For anyone that is struggling with research methods .. here is a revision booklet it's really useful.

https://word-view.officeapps.live.co...wdMobileHost=2

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protégé)
    3. You need 6 marks worth of AO1 though too.
    For research I do 3 studies and 4 weaknesses/strengths, this often gets my 12, if not 11

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty123A)
    Has anyone got any links to studies for the impacts of day care on peer relations as my book has virtually no studies on this
    Look up Clarke Stewart, Field and Belsky and rovine ( Campbell's a good general one too)

ReputationRep:
    I'm nervous about this exam tomorrow! I got an A in my mock but I want to maintain it.... I need to go over day care/strategies for memory improvement and EWT... Do you think we could get a 8/12 marker on day care? What about institutionalisation? How would we answer that? Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For effects of short term disruption of attachment, the only study we have learnt is Robertson and Bowlby. If we get a 12 marker on this, is this enough if I do it in detail?

ReputationRep:
    I'm really nervous about tomorrow I had a dream about the exam and the 12 marker was Ainsworth and Bell's The Strange Situation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anniemp)
    For effects of short term disruption of attachment, the only study we have learnt is Robertson and Bowlby. If we get a 12 marker on this, is this enough if I do it in detail?
    My teacher has given me the same studies as you and he said if its written in detail it will be enough for A01 and then the methodological issues of Robertson and Robertson in detail for A02

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m1gg1n)
    My teacher has given me the same studies as you and he said if its written in detail it will be enough for A01 and then the methodological issues of Robertson and Robertson in detail for A02
    Okay, so have you just learnt the PDD model by Robertson and Bowlby?

ReputationRep:
    My predictions -
    12 mark on day care
    8 mark on MSM
    Both haven't been up for a few years as more than a 4 marker.

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to get a 12 mark on just 'outline and evaluate research into the STM" ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lewissteele)
    My predictions -
    12 mark on day care
    8 mark on MSM
    Both haven't been up for a few years as more than a 4 marker.
    By daycare do you mean the effects on peer relations and/or aggression or how research into attachment has influenced child/day care practices?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.