The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Chemistry B F334 - June 2015

Scroll to see replies

I am SO SICK of OCR putting out these STUPIDLY HARD BS papers all the time. Whatever happened to them making medium or easy papers that were easily accessible? Now it's like they only want the nation's top 5% to get anything more than a C!

I did sooo much revision only to screw up just about every question on the paper AND run out of time. I was going for a chemistry degree. Now I might have to reconsider. And as always, it seems everyone here found it a piece of cake, so the grade boundaries will probably be like 70/90 for an A.

So angry at OCR for spewing this crap out of their disgusting gullet.
What was the cell potential
1.26 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey Guys

Mad an account just for this actually. Just wanted to see what other people thought of this paper. I am so glad the response seems to be uniformly negative. I got 274/300 UMS last year, and am (hopefully) going on to study Chemistry to a Masters level.

I can quite honestly say that is the most rancid paper I have ever done. I felt it was extremely biased toward Biologists (I don't do Biology, I do Physics) and was just out to make us all fail :frown:
Original post by emliche
What about the Dna 5 mark question. What did people put?

Number of hydrogen bonds is different, 3 for CG, 2 for AT, and this means that only the complementary base can bind to an exposed base on a strand (by CBP), allowing the strand to be accurately replicated. Really hope this hits all the marking points seeing as i study biology as well and am currently feeling like i know nothing about chemistry.
For the drawing of the 2 organic arenes compounds, as it was hydrolysed in acidic conditions, was the compound with the amine group an ion with NH3+??
what did everyone put for why the valve and sodium hydrogencarboamte prevent fe 2+ from turning into fe3+?
i put stops water and oxygen from oxidising it?
Original post by Minecraft27
I am SO SICK of OCR putting out these STUPIDLY HARD BS papers all the time. Whatever happened to them making medium or easy papers that were easily accessible? Now it's like they only want the nation's top 5% to get anything more than a C!

I did sooo much revision only to screw up just about every question on the paper AND run out of time. I was going for a chemistry degree. Now I might have to reconsider. And as always, it seems everyone here found it a piece of cake, so the grade boundaries will probably be like 70/90 for an A.

So angry at OCR for spewing this crap out of their disgusting gullet.

Don't worry man. I'm going for a Chem degree too and I thought it was an appalling paper. Seems to be a universal view at my college too :/
I think it was di - look at this IR spectrum for cellulose acetate: http://www.chemicalbook.com/SpectrumEN_9004-35-7_IR1.htm

Cellulose acetate should be very similar to cellulose diacetate, since they both have OH whilst triacetate does not.

Then again it's OCR so who knows
Original post by LordGaben
It was the more postive half cell that reacted with the I-. Did you give your answer to 2sf or 3sf in maths. I gave it to 2. Got 97%. Messed up that question with the gas valve so badly but it was so simple 😭😭

Yeah I got that but I put VO2+ not VO^2+ and everyone seems to have put VO^2+. :'(
I gave it to 3sf

Original post by TikiLodge
I got VO^2+. Is that for the NaI one?

Yeah i put VO2+ (not VO^2+) dunno which is rihht
Original post by TheGingerBrit
Hey Guys

Mad an account just for this actually. Just wanted to see what other people thought of this paper. I am so glad the response seems to be uniformly negative. I got 274/300 UMS last year, and am (hopefully) going on to study Chemistry to a Masters level.

I can quite honestly say that is the most rancid paper I have ever done. I felt it was extremely biased toward Biologists (I don't do Biology, I do Physics) and was just out to make us all fail :frown:

I study Biology too, and it didn't help. In case you haven't read all the post-exam posts so far, the general consensus is that this paper was diabolical.
You just need to make for it in F335 which makes up a higher percentage of the final grade
I wished the F334 paper would be different from last year, it was, it was a lot harder...
What does everyone get for the last question to draw part of a protein?
Reply 513
Original post by phoebs_ox
Exactly the same boat, just praying f335 is nothing like that!

Same here, praying for low grade boundries
Original post by Denarkas
I study Biology too, and it didn't help. In case you haven't read all the post-exam posts so far, the general consensus is that this paper was diabolical.

Yeah man, I have. I am just hoping so much for low grade boundaries :frown:
What were the 3 reasons ?
I put genetic screening
If they committed a crime
It's their choice who has access to their genetic fingerprint
Is this right pls help :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BrokenS0ulz
Yeah I got that but I put VO2+ not VO^2+ and everyone seems to have put VO^2+. :'(
I gave it to 3sf

Yeah i put VO2+ (not VO^2+) dunno which is rihht

Now I'm not even sure. I'm pretty sure I put whatever the first equation was for the electrode potentials on the table.
well think the luxury of an A* is gone now but an A is still at risk for sure. F335 better be easy or we should put gunpowder in the OCR headquarters and light the match (just kidding for legal reasons)
Quick shoutout to my boys karam & rahul who smashed this exam. +1.26V 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheGingerBrit
Don't worry man. I'm going for a Chem degree too and I thought it was an appalling paper. Seems to be a universal view at my college too :/

The Biology paper they put out on Monday was hard as balls too. I just don't understand why they'd want it to be this hard. Are they just trying to make us look stupid?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending