Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KristieNCarr)
    Has anyone had any Mental Health Nursing interviews / offers yet?

I've applied to Sheffield Hallam, Leeds Beckett, University of Leeds and Huddersfield but not heard from any and its been 3 weeks...

Thanks!
    Dont worry I've applied for child nursing and also not heard anything yet. I'm guessing they just didn't get to us yet! Huddersfield is my first choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkleigh)
    Did you hear from Sheffield Hallam by email or post? x
    both! I got an email today, but it said in the email that they've sent a hard copy by post😊 x

ReputationRep:
    So very exciting news from me this evening - I had my Child Nursing interview at the Uni of Surrey yesterday and I have just received a conditional offer Absolutely over the moon and a bit shocked - I'm going to be a nurse!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethaaaaany)
    So very exciting news from me this evening - I had my Child Nursing interview at the Uni of Surrey yesterday and I have just received a conditional offer Absolutely over the moon and a bit shocked - I'm going to be a nurse!
    congratulations!!!😄 x

ReputationRep:
    OMG, Congrats! But how did you get an invitation so quick ? They haven't even got back to me yet and Im dreading the wait! Can you share how the interview process was like, the maths/eng test and how hard the MMI was ? Surrey is one of my first choice and I've applied for the same course. Congrats again and good luck for the upcoming stresses haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingK16)
    OMG, Congrats! But how did you get an invitation so quick ? They haven't even got back to me yet and Im dreading the wait! Can you share how the interview process was like, the maths/eng test and how hard the MMI was ? Surrey is one of my first choice and I've applied for the same course. Congrats again and good luck for the upcoming stresses haha
    Hiya! Thank-you! I sent my application away on October 8th and received an invite for interview on October 22nd, so it was a couple of weeks before I heard anything so don't be stressing They said they will be interviewing now almost every week until the end of March and the majority of decisions will be made around then - not quite sure why mine was so quick! The interview wasn't too bad - the English and Maths tests are a complete doddle, every single one of us there yesterday passed them so it's nothing to worry about.

I can't say too much about the MMI style without getting myself into trouble but basically there's a number of stations, some of which had the standard open questions and some of them had random scenarios in which you had to talk about what you would do. It was quite stressful, I came away from the interview pretty convinced I was set up for a rejection but it turned out well in the end so don't worry! However every single person I met yesterday was absolutely lovely - the current students, the admissions team, the lecturers, the interviewers - all of them made us feel welcome and at ease. It's a brilliant university

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chash22308903)
    Will do! From what I've read on here from previous years once you have passed the maths and literacy stuff at the beginning then its not so bad, the one on one interview seems okI'm just at the end of a psychology degree and haven't done fractions since GCSE so going over them again!
    Ah see I'm confused because I was expecting a Literacy test but my interview information didn't say anything about one. Do they do group interviews at Teesside do you know? Have you printed off the sample maths test? Don't worry I'm sure you'll do fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natalia97)
    Dont worry I've applied for child nursing and also not heard anything yet. I'm guessing they just didn't get to us yet! Huddersfield is my first choice
    Sorry to hijack this post but my first choice is Huddersfield too, for child nursing! It's lovely isn't it? Where else are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kjade95)
    Ah see I'm confused because I was expecting a Literacy test but my interview information didn't say anything about one. Do they do group interviews at Teesside do you know? Have you printed off the sample maths test? Don't worry I'm sure you'll do fine!
    It doesn't say anything about a literacy test in the info but from other threads on here I saw from last year they had one so maybe? I think it's individual interviews from what I've seen and yeah the sample test looks ok by me

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't say anything about a literacy test in the info but from other threads on here I saw from last year they had one so maybe? I think it's individual interviews from what I've seen and yeah the sample test looks ok by me
    Ah ok!! thanks! Sorry for all the questions Well best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kjade95)
    Ah ok!! thanks! Sorry for all the questions Well best of luck!
    No it's fine its nice to talk to someone whose doing the same thing!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya! Thank-you! I sent my application away on October 8th and received an invite for interview on October 22nd, so it was a couple of weeks before I heard anything so don't be stressing They said they will be interviewing now almost every week until the end of March and the majority of decisions will be made around then - not quite sure why mine was so quick! The interview wasn't too bad - the English and Maths tests are a complete doddle, every single one of us there yesterday passed them so it's nothing to worry about.

I can't say too much about the MMI style without getting myself into trouble but basically there's a number of stations, some of which had the standard open questions and some of them had random scenarios in which you had to talk about what you would do. It was quite stressful, I came away from the interview pretty convinced I was set up for a rejection but it turned out well in the end so don't worry! However every single person I met yesterday was absolutely lovely - the current students, the admissions team, the lecturers, the interviewers - all of them made us feel welcome and at ease. It's a brilliant university
    Thanks for the information! Just one last question do you think the MMI is hard ? Im kind of on the quiet side so Im worried that my heads gonna go blank when Im supposed to be explaining the scenarios. And does that mean NO group interview ? Yeah Surrey is definitely my first choice, if I get in that is! Thanks again and Congrats.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the information! Just one last question do you think the MMI is hard ? Im kind of on the quiet side so Im worried that my heads gonna go blank when Im supposed to be explaining the scenarios. And does that mean NO group interview ? Yeah Surrey is definitely my first choice, if I get in that is! Thanks again and Congrats.
    It was hard, I think it's designed to challenge you and see how you cope under pressure. However I am too a very quiet person, really quite shy and somebody of few words and I was worried about the same thing - but when you're in the moment I think the adrenaline takes over and you surprise yourself. Just be completely honest, don't overthink things and remember to breathe! And don't worry about filling the full four minutes at each station, I didn't and it was a tad awkward to be sat in silence (they can't talk to you!) but just because your answer is more succinct, doesn't mean it's any worse than the person who spoke for four minutes. There is no group interview, MMI is the only interview part - if you get an interview offer they send you a really good email explaining it all. Good luck, I hope I'll maybe see you next year!

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I need HELP!

I can't find any current issues for child nursing anywhere. I've been searching for hours! Please if you know some, can you share it ? (I sound vulnerable) Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I need HELP!

I can't find any current issues for child nursing anywhere. I've been searching for hours! Please if you know some, can you share it ? (I sound vulnerable) Thanks
    Please let me know if you do! I have a similar issue!

ReputationRep:
    It was hard, I think it's designed to challenge you and see how you cope under pressure. However I am too a very quiet person, really quite shy and somebody of few words and I was worried about the same thing - but when you're in the moment I think the adrenaline takes over and you surprise yourself. Just be completely honest, don't overthink things and remember to breathe! And don't worry about filling the full four minutes at each station, I didn't and it was a tad awkward to be sat in silence (they can't talk to you!) but just because your answer is more succinct, doesn't mean it's any worse than the person who spoke for four minutes. There is no group interview, MMI is the only interview part - if you get an interview offer they send you a really good email explaining it all. Good luck, I hope I'll maybe see you next year!
    The only part Im reading is 'IT WAS HARD' haha omg God bless me! Really thanks for the info again. 4 Minutes (that's long) Yuup hope to see you next year too!

ReputationRep:
    Please let me know if you do! I have a similar issue!
    You got me all happy thinking you got my answers haha suree!

ReputationRep:
    The only part Im reading is 'IT WAS HARD' haha omg God bless me! Really thanks for the info again. 4 Minutes (that's long) Yuup hope to see you next year too!
    Hahahaha, honestly I came out of there yesterday thinking that was it, that I was going to get a rejection! But does anybody go into an interview and think it went well?

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I need HELP!

It's me again! Okay, try the Nursing Times website and also BBC News Health. I've read up quite a lot about the new designated nurses for children in care which are being introduced and also about the new "Sugar Tax" that they're hoping to bring in because of course child obesity is a hot topic at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.