Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Law Offers for 2016? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sense00)
    Congrats!
    I got an offer from UCL a few hours ago, too!
    When did you apply? I sent my offer on 18/11/15 and sat my LNAT on 25/11.. When should I expect an offer/rejection from UCL :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobkata)
    When did you apply? I sent my offer on 18/11/15 and sat my LNAT on 25/11.. When should I expect an offer/rejection from UCL :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Jan/Feb 2016 I would imagine... A common theme from the people I know who've gotten offers from UCL so far is that they were all Oxbridge candidates who submitted their applications early.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, probably not the right place to ask this, but I have a law interview at Oxford in a week and was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice for preparing for the interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie504)
    Hey, I got AABC in Law, Sociology, Psych and History (1 ums off A in psychology), am predicted A*AA at the moment, how about you? Did you apply for straight law at Warwick? I applied for study abroad in English too.

Yeah just the straight M100 LLB in Warwick but I did IB and my predicted was 38 (766). Pretty happy with Warwick but stil waiting on my London unis ):

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have an offer from Manchester? I am wondering when will they get in touch with me..:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have an offer from Manchester? I am wondering when will they get in touch with me..:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here I am waiting for hopefully an offer from Manchester. I applied on 19th November, so it's been 10 days now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kawla)
    Same here I am waiting for hopefully an offer from Manchester. I applied on 19th November, so it's been 10 days now.
    Hope we both get lucky soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thought I'd answer the questions from the OP

IGCSE's: A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A A
    AS level: AAAB
    Predictions: A*A*A A (including EPQ)
    Applied for straight law (LLB) on 12th Oct to Oxford, LSE, UCL, QMUL and Bristol

Have received offers from QMUL, Bristol and LSE and an interview for Oxford, just waiting on UCL but I heard they take a while anyway

How about you guys? Feel free to ask any questions, good luck with everything x

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have an offer from UofM for Law with politics, got it in the beginning of November. I cant tell you when exactly they will get in touch with you because every Uni doesn't really follow specific pattern of reply (except Oxbridge) but wish you goodluck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mna_98)
    Have received offers from QMUL, Bristol and LSE and an interview for Oxford, just waiting on UCL but I heard they take a while anyway
    Wow, congrats on your offer from LSE! When did they make it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    Wow, congrats on your offer from LSE! When did they make it?
    on the 19th of November

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sense00)
    Congrats!
    I got an offer from UCL a few hours ago, too!
    Well done!!!!!!!!!!!! When did you sit your LNAT?

ReputationRep:
    Well done, that's amazing! When did you receive your 8wk letter?

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from SOAS for AAA and Kent for AAB. Doing my LNAT in a few weeks, so I'm still waiting for UCL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mna_98)
    on the 19th of November
    Congrats! what are your a level grades if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    me 2, was incredibly happy at that

EDIT: To answer some of the things in the OP:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I applied to: Oxford, LSE, UCL, KCL, Bristol (in that order of preference)
    Offers up to now (28/11): Bristol (AAA), UCL (A*AA)
    Got my interview at Oxford in 10 days.

I sat my LNAT on thr 10th October - started preparing for it about 2-3 weeks before that.
    Congrats!, what were your a level grades?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whether I'd be in trouble if I sent my UCAS thing off before BOOKING/SITTING my LNAT - I'm applying to 2 LNAT unis...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhishek Dhawan)
    Congrats! what are your a level grades if you don't mind me asking?
    I posted all my academic info on this thread today so you can just scroll up a bit, I got AAAB at AS level so nothing amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhishek Dhawan)
    Congrats!, what were your a level grades?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    8A*s 1A at IGCSE (my school only did 9 )
    AAAAB at AS (B was in Further Maths, so it's good)
    Predicted 4A*s at A2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TopfahadHussein)
    Does anyone know whether I'd be in trouble if I sent my UCAS thing off before BOOKING/SITTING my LNAT - I'm applying to 2 LNAT unis...
    Nah I did this and I've already got an offer from an LNAT uni so it's fine. Rough timeline of events:

15th Oct: Sent UCAS off.
    19-21st Oct: Booked LNAT for 3rd Nov
    3rd Nov: Sat LNAT
    27th Nov: Got my first LNAT uni offer.

It's fine if you do something similar to me, but it is IMPERATIVE that if you do something like that you fill out the LNAT form on the Pearson website correctly. There's a section that asks what Unis Pearson should send your test result/essay to. Make sure you tick all of the unis you have applied to, and for good measure there's a box that says something to the effect of "Regardless of the options I have selected, if any university asks for my results Pearon can oblige". I've heard horror stories of people sitting the LNAT after UCAS, filling the Pearson form out incorrectly, and not being made an offer because the uni never got the result/essay.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.