Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fat Rudeboi)
    The thing is we currently have a "soft" approach and attacks like this STILL happen
    A different approach is definitely needed. I don't have the answers, but the last thing we need is to cause further attacks like this to happen by isolating and marginalising young Muslims in the west further. We need to exercise some caution. But definitely questions need to be asked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    More stopping and searching and house raids on an already marginalised and isolated group within Western society will most likely only result in more young Muslims in the West being led astray and possibly more attacks like this happening. I think we need to be cautious about how we approach this.
    This is what i mean by people need to wake up. Pathetic apologists that seriously think that mi5 turn normal (Always Muslim) citizens into maniacal beheading, suicide bombing genocidists..

Islamic terrorism spans the world, country by country. COUNTRY BY COUNTRY.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SECURITY / INTELIGENCE agencIes .

GIVE ME STRENGTH

ReputationRep:
    *cough https://news.vice.com/article/some-c..._medium=social cough*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    A different approach is definitely needed. I don't have the answers, but the last thing we need is to cause further attacks like this to happen by isolating and marginalising young Muslims in the west further. We need to exercise some caution. But definitely questions need to be asked.
    Going by having Muslim friends, some of whom admit they have friends at mosque etc. who have dodgy views, a lot of them are already "marginalised" and see us as the enemy for things like the Iraq War etc.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Don't know how Sky News can say it is good news that it is now over, 140 people are dead.

ReputationRep:
    This is not good folks.

The coming war against Islam has taken another step forward tonight.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how long it is before London gets attacked
    Besides the 7/7/2005 attacks? Well, there were the 2007 car bombs and the murder of Lee Rigby in 2013.

If you want to panic yourself, check your facts first.

ReputationRep:
    The thing is we currently have a "soft" approach and attacks like this STILL happen
    A soft approach at home maybe, but we're currently bombing the **** out of several middle eastern countries, and just finished tearing Iraq apart :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Modesty)
    Look at this sheep , you really think a religion is responsible for the actions of people. They may claim it is for a religious cause but in reality it is not.

“If anyone slays a person, it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people.”
    Clearly responsible. I don't care if it was misinterpreted or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Don't know how Sky News can say it is good news that it is now over, 140 people are dead.
    Well it's certainly a lot better than 140 people dead and the siege still ongoing
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Reports that the Calais 'jungle' migrant camp is on fire, apparently a retaliation according to BBC.

Edit: Confirmed to be false.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Architecture-er)
    A soft approach at home maybe, but we're currently bombing the **** out of several middle eastern countries, and just finished tearing Iraq apart :dontknow:
    Most of the Muslims in the UK are from Pakistan or Bangladesh and have never been to the Middle East

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    Besides the 7/7/2005 attacks? Well, there were the 2007 car bombs and the murder of Lee Rigby in 2013.

If you want to panic yourself, check your facts first.
    By ISIS, let's not get facetious here :rolleyes: You know what I mean

(Original post by Architecture-er)
    A soft approach at home maybe, but we're currently bombing the **** out of several middle eastern countries, and just finished tearing Iraq apart
    Thats the point though, we have already done that, so some Muslims are going to hate us for it. Even if Cameron brings the rest of our troops back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iamyourfather)
    Friday 13th lives up to its reputation...
    Oh, FFS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valyrian)
    140 death toll...when will this end?
    1. When most refugees are sent home.
    2. This will happen if there is no longer a need for foreign workers, and leftists are driven out of power.
    3. This will happen when the local birth rate goes up, and there is a rightist take-over of educational institutions and media.
    4. Feminism will have to end. Liberalism will have to end.

I think much more likely is that these societies will be fractured, institutionally and legally, like Malaysia, across religious lines. That is the only reasonably peaceful solution to this recurring problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Start the Fire)
    Most of the Muslims in the UK are from Pakistan or Bangladesh and have never been to the Middle East
    They don't need a reason, they've been doing this since Mo's times.

ReputationRep:
    And it's Friday the 13th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 41b)
    The US only helped the UK in WW2 in exchange for decolonisation and highly beneficial loan agreements. So it reduced the UK from an independent country to it's sidekick. Of course a good master wants its dog to remain healthy. That is the nature of global politics.

Countries get the most benefit by weakening others as much as they can while still prospering themselves. This is the same for allies or enemies. If the US could reduce every one of its allies to third world status and gain as a result of it, it would.

So be strong as a country. If you're going to go ballbusting and pillaging, like the UK often has, the least sensible thing to do is invite the people whose lives your policies have destroyed into your own lands. Do you think one Corbyn government is going to change the hate the UK has generated over hundreds of years? People will laugh, come to the UK and do to it what the UK did to others. Have some sense of self-preservation.
    Oh I don't disagree, which was why I put Corbyn in power in a theoretical zero-hate world as a starting point.. but I think his philosophy is the only way we could attain greater societal piece - it may be bloody at first, but a continuing aggressive foreign/home policy will only drag this cycle of hate out even longer.

One side just needs to stop hating the other, and then the other loses the reason to keep hating as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    Reports that the Calais 'jungle' migrant camp is on fire, apparently a retaliation according to BBC.

Edit: Confirmed to be false.
    Ooooh dear. Having a picture of Manmohan Singh as your DP.
    Judging by the hate and ignorance shown on here, some people are going to think that you've got a fundamentalist Muslim as your DP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 41b)
    1. When most refugees are sent home.
    2. This will happen if there is no longer a need for foreign workers, and leftists are driven out of power.
    3. This will happen when the local birth rate goes up, and there is a rightist take-over of educational institutions and media.
    4. Feminism will have to end. Liberalism will have to end.

I think much more likely is that these societies will be fractured, institutionally and legally, like Malaysia, across religious lines. That is the only reasonably peaceful solution to this recurring problem.
    I was asking when this 'national emergency' will end, not all of that nonsense

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.