The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS3/BUSS4 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Original post by ryanroks1
On my to-do list, there is...

1) Watch the tutor2u content videos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLp8BSCLLWBUBjxWh4RzNgKIcLx1qdORV8&v=MfL_0ko4T3o)

2) Read through my examples I've gathered and learn them (essentially I have topic-sorted examples on some flashcards)

3) Read over some model essays and watch the tutor2u videos on essay planning (https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLp8BSCLLWBUDBrY0pcrC6BbQNloFL30Ox&v=g8dJj1bFrGk)

4) Practice a few essay questions; section B ones from past papers and section A ones from the tutor2u BUSS4 conference booklet (someone posted a picture of this earlier)

If I still don't feel prepared, I'll probably make a few flashcards on each topic and potential questions (and points relating to those questions).

I don't suppose it would be at all possible for you to send me your examples for section A?
I'd be really grateful :smile:
Reply 501
Original post by JoshFlySon
section a based around bullet point 1 and 4
section b I think organisational culture, csr, political and legal environment

Sorry what do you mean by bullet point 1 and 4? And how would you revise corporate social responsibility? At least i'm assuming that's what you mean by csr.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 502
Does anyone know roughly how many examples you need got section a and b?
For section A, how much do you have to link back to the case study/'item' ?
Reply 504
Original post by hello123321123

you can use the case study for one paragraph and it will be enough. Make sure it links your analysis.
Original post by daiskow
what businesses are everyone using in their answers?

Depends on the case study and type of question doesn't it? Not something you can know before hand?
Can someone put a list of businesses under the different headings for section B to help my revision; I'm stuck.

You only have to mention the item.
Original post by kpa9876
I know this is a stupid question but what is pestle and what are the subjects that we have to revise for section b. I'm really well prepared for section A but have no idea what to do for b.

PESTLE analysis / framework explained here:

http://www.tutor2u.net/business/reference/pestle-analysis-video

J
According to this the topics that are on the syllabus but haven't come up are:Retrenchment, Takeovers and Mergers, and European Business. I think European Business is a very likely to come up due to the circumstances.

Also, structure is very important, after I started using the PEEL structure I went from getting mid Cs to high Bs in essays in class.
http://www.tutor2u.net/business/blog/buss4-exam-technique-the-basics-of-peel
The exams are made from 1 to 1.5 years in advance so you can't predict it to be on Europe because of current circumstances
Original post by thopkins
Yeah

Hi, can i ask where you got these exemplar questions? and also is there any answers for them available?
Original post by Shannon-m
Hi, can i ask where you got these exemplar questions? and also is there any answers for them available?

I don't know where they are from but my teacher gave them to me. I have the mark schemes for them.
What is the most likely 2 questions that could come up on section A?
Original post by hellohello12345
What is the most likely 2 questions that could come up on section A?

I'd say bullet 1 is likely to be come up in some form; it encompasses the rest and the competitive environment seems to be an Examiner favourite! Something about disruptive technology, barriers to entry, etc..
Original post by samm98
Sorry what do you mean by bullet point 1 and 4? And how would you revise corporate social responsibility? At least i'm assuming that's what you mean by csr.

the 6 bullet points they give us, revise csr with social environment

you have to use It somewhere or you cant get good application
Can someone run through how to structure an A* answer??
We have a whatsapp chat dedicated to BUSS4, we share ideas and resources if you want to join PM me your number :smile:
Reply 519
Anybody got any ideas/business examples of business and the EU incase it comes up? I was going to talk about the transatlantic trade and investment partnership but didn't know if that'd be a little all that relevant

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending