7. Diary entry

ReputationRep:
    I got 35, 37, 38 + 10 for portfolio
    and 29 for the S+L
    What do I need for an A*
    Try to go for the highest grade boundaries as possible please
    TY

ReputationRep:
    HI guys I know exam is tomorrow and I have read that course work and speaking exam make up 60%. how much exactly does the speaking make up.
    Because I got a B in my coursework, a D on my speaking and I am targeting a A for the exam what would you expect me to get if I managed to get the A in the exam tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brian_Strugnell)
    HI guys I know exam is tomorrow and I have read that course work and speaking exam make up 60%. how much exactly does the speaking make up.
    Because I got a B in my coursework, a D on my speaking and I am targeting a A for the exam what would you expect me to get if I managed to get the A in the exam tomorrow.
    Speaking is 20%
    If you managed an A tomorrow you would be sitting on a comfortable B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Year11Struggles)
    I got 35, 37, 38 + 10 for portfolio
    and 29 for the S+L
    What do I need for an A*
    Try to go for the highest grade boundaries as possible please
    TY
    35+ to scrape A* but aim for 40+

ReputationRep:
    what is the form of a formal report and dialogue as i believe one of the two will com up tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ad4m)
    35+ to scrape A* but aim for 40+
    Thanks so much for the reply. Gonna aim for 42< in case my coursework gets moderate down. Don't think it will though, I feel as though I deserved my marks. Excited and nervous for tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    So I got:

Argumentative: 38 + 10 for reading
    Persuasive: 36
    Narrative: 36

Speaking and Listening I got: 23/30 overall - can anyone tell me what mark I need to get an A or A* please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ad4m)
    Speaking is 20%
    If you managed an A tomorrow you would be sitting on a comfortable B.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sstudyacc)
    so i got:

Argumentative: 38 + 10 for reading
    persuasive: 36
    narrative: 36

speaking and listening i got: 23/30 overall - can anyone tell me what mark i need to get an a or a* please?
    a* - 40/50
    a - 30/50

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ad4m)
    a* - 40/50
    a - 30/50
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I felt like my speaking exam was harshly marked considering everyone else I'm my class who had a different teacher got better marks (and I don't believe that they are better than me) they are still to be finally moderated what do you think is the chance that it will go up? and will it cost for me to get it remarked. my teachers an idiot and has refused to remark my exam.

ReputationRep:
    So what forms of writing does everyone think is gonna come up for Q1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brian_Strugnell)
    I felt like my speaking exam was harshly marked considering everyone else I'm my class who had a different teacher got better marks (and I don't believe that they are better than me) they are still to be finally moderated what do you think is the chance that it will go up? and will it cost for me to get it remarked. my teachers an idiot and has refused to remark my exam.
    each teacher's marking is moderated by Cambridge. if your teacher has marked your class harshly then it could go up/everyone else's go down. it is difficult to apply for a speaking remark because it is assessed internally.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how the grade boundaries are structured??

ReputationRep:
    I got 38,39 and 37+8with 29 on my speaking any idea what I need to get in my exam??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dylan_C_99)
    Anyone know how the grade boundaries are structured??
    Chamakama?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Year11Struggles)
    Chamakama?
    ??

ReputationRep:
    Guys, last year u needed 70/100 for an a* overall......this is for the people who don't do coursework

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ad4m)
    each teacher's marking is moderated by Cambridge. if your teacher has marked your class harshly then it could go up/everyone else's go down. it is difficult to apply for a speaking remark because it is assessed internally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So then that means each and every speaking exam is re-watched and re-marked if needed?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.