The Student Room Group

Eu: In or out?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cookie123456789
Why?!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOU ARE A BRAINWASHED SHEEP!!!! SAVE ME FROM THIS BRAINWASHED SHEEP!!!!! :afraid::bawling::grr:

im with BornBlue i want to remain
Original post by NekoAngel13
I'm voting to Leave. Why should we be ruled by Brussels? Most of the laws we follow aren't made in this country and we have no sway over. Personally, I would've preferred to see a formal agreement with Brussels beforehand to see what power they would give up if we voted remain before the vote. If we remain they might do nothing. They have made promises but they don't have to keep them if we vote to remain. We are a strong country and we need to take back control of our laws and regulations. Trade agreements with the European Union can be made. They won't want to lose trade with us.
Yes there is a lot of uncertainty if we leave and it might be difficult at first but in the long term we will be much stronger.
If we vote remain, I fear that nothing we change and we will remain under Brussel's thumb.

how would we become stronger
For those who think that Britain will be better off and able to make its own laws if you vote OUT - you are WRONG!
First of all, the majority of the world banks are situated in London because it is the financial capital of Europe. Voting OUT would mean that most banks/corporations will move to Frankfurt/Zürich, which could result in less job opportunities.
Secondly, it is impossible for Britain to be single market. If it wants to be single market, Britain needs to join the EEA as Switzerland and Norway did. Anyway, the EU set the laws and regulations of the EEA which means that the Union will shape the policies of Britain. Isn't that what you are trying to avoid???
At the same time, as a part of the EU, Britain has the opportinity to take part in the law writing process.
Migrants??? Britain can still negotiate with the other countries while being a part of the EU. If you work hard enough migrants won't take your jobs...
We live in the 21st century - we should be united!
Britain is great NOW. It can't be great if you leave the EU. Even at the times when Great Britain had been one of the leading economies it had partners.
Vote REMAIN

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm voting to Leave. Why should we be ruled by Brussels? Most of the laws we follow aren't made in this country and we have no sway over. Personally, I would've preferred to see a formal agreement with Brussels beforehand to see what power they would give up if we voted remain before the vote. If we remain they might do nothing. They have made promises but they don't have to keep them if we vote to remain. We are a strong country and we need to take back control of our laws and regulations. b.

Not really. We have won 2466 votes in Parliament compared to 56 losses. The concept that we have "no sway" as the 3rd largest economy within the EU is simply false.

We will still be subject to EU laws and regulations if we want to trade a significant amount with them.
Original post by eminkinza
how would we become stronger

We can negotiate more beneficial trade agreements with the European Union.
We can have more beneficial trade with Asia without EU charges.
A lot of the expensive red tape enforced by the European Union will be gone allowing many different sectors to work more efficiently.
We won't have to follow or meet the EU targets nor face their charges for failing to meet them.
There are many EU intitiatives that we pay into which we don't get any return from.
Being able to make our laws and regulations is the where we become stronger. We can tailor our laws to benefit our economy in ways that current EU laws do not.

Yes at first things might be difficult and things will be uncertain but we have a strong economy and in the long run we'll be stronger having total control.
We can negotiate more beneficial trade agreements with the European Union.

How exactly can you negotiate anything better than the Single Market from a trade POV?

A lot of the expensive red tape enforced by the European Union will be gone allowing many different sectors to work more efficiently.

The entire point of having a Single market is to eliminate barriers which have been done. That is why companies that work within the EU are overwhelmingly Pro-EU.

Having all of your goods subject to tariffs and customs check is the definition of increasing red tape.
In. :smile:
Actually it's quite telling that online the best the Remain supporters seem to offer is petty self-defeating insults and re-hashed Remain propaganda.

It takes like 10 minutes to google this ****, the EU's structure and it's many failings/failures is not some big secret or conspiracy. You don't need to go to BorisIsGreat.com to find this stuff out.
The failures and failings of the EU have long existed and the criticisms for it since long before the migrant crisis ever occurred.

You owe it to yourselves to not prove to the Remain politicians that you're all easily manipulated with low/free roaming charges, and pretending that the EU = keeping the world turning and also is super cuddly and progressive (it's not).

Let's forget the half-baked dreams of moving to some part of Europe and abusing the free travel zone for a second.
Are you willing the education in critical assessment your parents are paying your way through uni for to totally go to waste just because Remain are lazily mud-slinging slander at Leave about how we're all just white-trash racists (the irony of making a racially charged socio-economic insult is tragic).

Stop for a second and open your wilfully closed minds. I'm not a racist, I despise racism. I vote Liberal Democrat. I think Brexit is best for the UK.

If I'm not some brown-people hating Little Englander what is my motivation?

Maybe, just maybe I did my research and actually concluded it was for the best?.

Guys and gals, you were born with perfectly good brains. If you can use it to blag a university offer/GSCEs you can take the extra step to actually think and not just derp your way to giving politicians and Eurocrats a free victory.

Less self-defeating mud-slinging, a bit more intelligence. Please.
Reply 508
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
Actually it's quite telling that online the best the Remain supporters seem to offer is petty self-defeating insults and re-hashed Remain propaganda.

It takes like 10 minutes to google this ****, the EU's structure and it's many failings/failures is not some big secret or conspiracy. You don't need to go to BorisIsGreat.com to find this stuff out.
The failures and failings of the EU have long existed and the criticisms for it since long before the migrant crisis ever occurred.

You owe it to yourselves to not prove to the Remain politicians that you're all easily manipulated with low/free roaming charges, and pretending that the EU = keeping the world turning and also is super cuddly and progressive (it's not).

Let's forget the half-baked dreams of moving to some part of Europe and abusing the free travel zone for a second.
Are you willing the education in critical assessment your parents are paying your way through uni for to totally go to waste just because Remain are lazily mud-slinging slander at Leave about how we're all just white-trash racists (the irony of making a racially charged socio-economic insult is tragic).

Stop for a second and open your wilfully closed minds. I'm not a racist, I despise racism. I vote Liberal Democrat. I think Brexit is best for the UK.

If I'm not some brown-people hating Little Englander what is my motivation?

Maybe, just maybe I did my research and actually concluded it was for the best?.

Guys and gals, you were born with perfectly good brains. If you can use it to blag a university offer/GSCEs you can take the extra step to actually think and not just derp your way to giving politicians and Eurocrats a free victory.

Less self-defeating mud-slinging, a bit more intelligence. Please.

Awww someone disagreed with you so you decided to attack them personally. The brexit camp are just as bad. Man the delusion of some of you lot . :rofl:

Intelligence? Shown by the leave camp? Not happened yet
Original post by Foo.mp3
I, by contrast, won't be rubbing it in anyone's face. Dignity. The mark of a man :colonhash:

I bet you will.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bryci
Awww someone disagreed with you so you decided to attack them personally. The brexit camp are just as bad. Man the delusion of some of you lot . :rofl:

Intelligence? Shown by the leave camp? Not happened yet

You're kinda proving my point there. And projecting.

I genuinely invite you to approach the EU ref with something akin to intelligence and actual consideration of the issues at hand.

Because ultimately if all you can offer is hollow, meaningless insults and nonsense in debates and arguments, not only do you end up not really convincing anyone your position is the better/correct, you end up over time convincing everyone around you that you're kinda thick and have nothing worth listening to.

Even if you lose a debate/argument, it's always good practice and a good habit, because you'll get more respect so that the next time, when you're actually correct, your say will be given some actual weight.

You got an evening left if you're interested, fire up the Google to research the issues.
If not than shame and good luck with the rest of your life.
You're kinda proving my point there. And projecting.

I genuinely invite you to approach the EU ref with something akin to intelligence and actual consideration of the issues at hand.

Because ultimately if all you can offer is hollow, meaningless insults and nonsense in debates and arguments, not only do you end up not really convincing anyone your position is the better/correct, you end up over time convincing everyone around you that you're kinda thick and have nothing worth listening to.

Even if you lose a debate/argument, it's always good practice and a good habit, because you'll get more respect so that the next time, when you're actually correct, your say will be given some actual weight.

You got an evening left if you're interested, fire up the Google to research the issues.
If not than shame and good luck with the rest of your life.

You didn't even state anything act to argue against.

"the EU's structure and it's many failings/failures is not some big secret or conspiracy" is not an argument.

Your entire post was an appeal to emotion with "google it yourself"
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 512
he hasn't actually given any good points but you know if you write out an essay it'll look professional :rofl:
Original post by Bryci
Brexiters showing Logic? come on man :tongue:

We have logic!!!!!! For goodness sakes!!!!! You gullible sheep!!!!!

We can have more beneficial trade with Asia without EU charges.

There's no such thing as "EU charges". Tariffs with non-EU countries will still exist if we leave the EU and trade deals will have to be negotiated, as they would have to be anyway.

We have free trade with South Korea already and deals with Vietnam and Singapore both finalised as part of our EU membership. So if we leave we'll actually be in a worse position in Asia as these deals will no longer apply to us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_free_trade_agreements
Original post by eminkinza
im with BornBlue i want to remain

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Reply 516
Original post by cookie123456789
We have logic!!!!!! For goodness sakes!!!!! You gullible sheep!!!!!

Haven't shown any yet? :tongue:
Original post by DorianGrayism
You didn't even state anything act to argue against.

"the EU's structure and it's many failings/failures is not some big secret or conspiracy" is not an argument.

Your entire post was an appeal to emotion with "google it yourself"

Psychological deflection mechanism, because the thought you could have chosen the wrong option is very uncomfortable.

And it wasn't an appeal to emotion, it was an appeal to reason and logic. But again a defensive mechanism, quite natural.

I can't do your research for you, here's a few links to get you going:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euroscepticism

http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/glossary/criticism-eu/

http://econ.economicshelp.org/2008/04/problem-with-euro.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union#Governance

That's 4 links in a minute's googling.

Do your own research. Be aware of confirmation bias. Try and open your mind as much as you can, ignore propaganda from either side. then decide. If you already have then so be it, if you've decided on Remain while fully aware of the issues then so be it, and if you by some chance swing to Brexit then that's fine by me.

Just drop the mud-slinging, projecting and calling it a victory, when it's pure self-defeat.

Have a happy polling day.
Original post by Bryci
Haven't shown any yet? :tongue:

It amazes me that you haven't even seen the a brexit logic yet? You've been brainwashed by the government's remain propaganda. What is the bloody point of this bloody referendum if people like you who are gullible and foolish vote remain?! What a waste of a vote. Have you not seen the debates on TV?!? Isn't it clear that the remain campaigners are all liers!? The Brexiters have only ever told the truth but oh no, people don't like the truth!!!!?!?!

Have a happy polling day.

Oh man what a ****. Such a condescending arse :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending