Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    Cheers pretty much the same points
    In the conclusion do you give your opinion?
    Yep, the conclusion for all of these types of questions is that it isn't a single doctrine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackdiamond97)
    Yep, the conclusion for all of these types of questions is that it isn't a single doctrine
    Ahhh thanks
    Sorry for the 1000 questions
    Just have a terrible teacher so pretty much doing most of the teaching myself
    Exam technique is important hence all the questions lol
    Have you learned a lot of quotes?

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh thanks
    Sorry for the 1000 questions
    Just have a terrible teacher so pretty much doing most of the teaching myself
    Exam technique is important hence all the questions lol
    Have you learned a lot of quotes?
    I learnt one quote for all major strands in all the ideologies, not too sure it's enough though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohmycurls)
    any predictions on 3D and 4D?
    Hey! let me know if you find out any predictions? thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hey has anyone got 3 point plans for the 15 markers "Explain the link between multiculturalism and liberalism" and "on what grounds have liberals criticised multiculturalism? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ItsMahbuba)
    Does anyone study Route D for politics? There is literally no resources apart from one book

Is there anyone with resources??
    I'm doing 3D and 4D, literally my only resource is Andrew Heywood's textbook on Global Politics. If it weren't for Andrew, I'd be screwed!

If you haven't got this textbook, there's a pdf free version of the textbook online.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaotic.school)
    I'm doing 3D and 4D, literally my only resource is Andrew Heywood's textbook on Global Politics. If it weren't for Andrew, I'd be screwed!

If you haven't got this textbook, there's a pdf free version of the textbook online.
    Could you link me the pdf so I can put it in the OP please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeaGomes)
    Hey has anyone got 3 point plans for the 15 markers "Explain the link between multiculturalism and liberalism" and "on what grounds have liberals criticised multiculturalism? Thanks
    In that question do you just talk about liberal multiculturalism and liberalism

Are you meant to mention the other strands?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i22)
    Hey! let me know if you find out any predictions? thank you!
    For 3D 45 markers, I'm prepping myself thoroughly for World Order and EU& regionalism

I predict something either on US hegemony or with factors of power (military/economic/population/geographical location etc) or it could be on multipolarity and anarchy- be prepared for any.

for topic 4, I predict something like...
    to what extent is the EU federal?
    or
    EU exceptionalism (its unique model being able to be implemented in other regional bodies)

I'm more nervous about the 15 markers. I tend to do well in 45 markers, but can never think of 3 fully developed points, always 2 well developed and 1 weak point.
    So, for 15 markers, I think for topic 3, they might ask something on the UN, seeing as last year they asked about the IMF and they have already asked about the other economic institutions

ReputationRep:
    Could you link me the pdf so I can put it in the OP please?
    Yep sure,

https://wiki.zirve.edu.tr/sandbox/gr...36555e3b9837d4

It is a first year undergrad textbook, so it contains more than we need to know, but covers everything on the spec!

ReputationRep:
    I learnt one quote for all major strands in all the ideologies, not too sure it's enough though
    Do you think we will get a liberalism democracy question for liberalism?
    Have you got any predictions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaotic.school)

I have the book but I find it so hard to understand some of the stuff

ReputationRep:
    In that question do you just talk about liberal multiculturalism and liberalism

Are you meant to mention the other strands?
    I don't know thats why I'm asking for plans

ReputationRep:
    I don't know thats why I'm asking for plans
    How's unit 3
    You ready?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing American Politics? What do we think will come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ItsMahbuba)
    I have the book but I find it so hard to understand some of the stuff
    yeah, I feel ya. I just spent the whole of today wracking my brains around global economic governance (my least favourite topic), and personally I feel like I've covered a lot, but overall, made little progress :')

ReputationRep:
    Do you have the Heywood book? Just look for the section on the liberal critique in the multiculturalism part of the book.

ReputationRep:
    Explain the link between liberalism and multiculturalism:
    -support for individual liberty and autonomy
    - a distinction between the public and private divide; individuals can practice their own culture,religious or ethinic identities in the privacy of their home or family BUT the public realm should abide by a common national identity or shared citizenship E.g. Tony Blair " the right to be different, the duty to intergrate. This is what being British means" after the 2005 London bombing . also mention France and how evidence of religious identity is banned in schools or public instutitons
    - a belief in tolerance and forebearance; however they are not morally neutral about tolerance, we should not tolerate the intolerant ( Deep diversity such as FGM and forced marriage)
    -support for equal rights eg. New Race Relations Act 1976 , Human Rights Act 1998
    -liberals are pluralists; the acceptance of different groups and cultures to co exist, it snitches society and makes it more dynamic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pokémontrainer)
    Do you have the Heywood book? Just look for the section on the liberal critique in the multiculturalism part of the book.
    Attachment 547315547325
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Hey how you doing?

Hows revision going? Have you been given any predictions yet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.