Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Ask Her Majesty's Government – Parliament XXIII

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Will the Government be making a statement on the ban obtained by the Prime Minister?
    No. It is not the place of this Government to comment on moderation matters. We continue as the same whilst it is dealt with.

ReputationRep:
    I have just had contact with our Prime Minister (not Petros!), and he says that he, along with Mr Whiskers, are visiting the ISS and no explosion has happened!

ReputationRep:
    STATEMENT FROM THE GOVERNMENT:

Regarding the ban of the Prime Minister, he was probably being a bit silly, and nobody needs to get themselves in a tizzy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Can the Government please confirm whether mobbsy91 or PetrosAC is standing in during the PM's ban?
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Petros is APM

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    I praise the acting leader of the Conservative Party for making a sensible, logical decision about how is acting Prime Minister, he has not chosen the silly, baseless route another member chose a year ago.
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Nope - I'm claiming APM!
    In seriousness though, I have already explained to the Party that whilst I am Acting Leader, Petros does remain Acting PM, as would always have been the case should anything like this happen. Thank you for the praise.
    I thank the Government for advising of the situation given the absence of the Prime Minister. Can the Government advise which Bills they will be putting before the House over the next week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    STATEMENT FROM THE GOVERNMENT:

Regarding the ban of the Prime Minister, he was probably being a bit of a knob, and nobody needs to get themselves in a tizzy.
    I agree that we should not get ourselves in a tizzy. We should find out the reasons behind the absence upon his return and then consider whether he should continue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I agree that we should not get ourselves in a tizzy. We should find out the reasons behind the absence upon his return and then consider whether he should continue.
    Implying that it is for you lot to decide and that it isn't already known to many of those for whom it is to decide.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Implying that it is for you lot to decide and that it isn't already known to many of those for whom it is to decide.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The House should be able to have a view. The ban may be for something we do not care about, but until we lhear from the PM, cannot decide.

ReputationRep:
    His continuation is the sole decision of the Conservative and Unionist Party membership, not the House. This is no different to any other MP going on holiday, so long as he's back soon then he'll continue as Prime Minister, if not then it will be the decision of the party at large and Mobbsy regarding how they wish to progress.

ReputationRep:
    The House should be able to have a view. The ban may be for something we do not care about, but until we lhear from the PM, cannot decide.
    You say it as if you actually have a say. The only way you can remove him as PM is by MoNCing the entire Government, which will not work over a moderation issue. And if you use the same reasons as the previous, it'll most likely fail again. The only way he stops being PM in the short term, is if the Conservatives MoNC him as Leader, which is not happening any time soon, unless circumstances drastically change.

ReputationRep:
    I thank the Government for advising of the situation given the absence of the Prime Minister. Can the Government advise which Bills they will be putting before the House over the next week?
    I will advise the honourable member in due course. I can say for definite an Assisted Dying Bill will be ready over the next week though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What're you going to do, try and MoNC the government again?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What're you going to do, try and MoNC the government again?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I bloody hope not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeL1994)
    I bloody hope not.
    Well that would be his best shot, I somehow doubt he would be able to get away with defecting and removing LP internally

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well that would be his best shot, I somehow doubt he would be able to get away with defecting and removing LP internally

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That would be comical.

ReputationRep:
    That would be comical.
    That assumes that either me or LP would allow him into the Party...

ReputationRep:
    Hence the improbability

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, it's a moderation matter dealt with by the moderation team and as such, it is no business of the House why he has been banned. MHoC rules do not supersede site rules. No-one should use a moderation issue as a stick with which to beat the Government or indeed LP himself - that is not in the spirit or rules of the game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    His continuation is the sole decision of the Conservative and Unionist Party membership, not the House. This is no different to any other MP going on holiday, so long as he's back soon then he'll continue as Prime Minister, if not then it will be the decision of the party at large and Mobbsy regarding how they wish to progress.
    You say it as if you actually have a say. The only way you can remove him as PM is by MoNCing the entire Government, which will not work over a moderation issue. And if you use the same reasons as the previous, it'll most likely fail again. The only way he stops being PM in the short term, is if the Conservatives MoNC him as Leader, which is not happening any time soon, unless circumstances drastically change.
    What're you going to do, try and MoNC the government again? Posted from TSR Mobile
    I bloody hope not.
    I recognise the will of the House on the last MoNC, and indeed my objection was not to the Prime Minister himself but the Foreign Secretary and his support for the ultimately failed military coup in Turkey.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't worry, I have no plans to defect.
    That would be comical.
    I am glad you would not allow me in! I have never voted Conservative in my life.

(Original post by toronto353)
    To be honest, it's a moderation matter dealt with by the moderation team and as such, it is no business of the House why he has been banned. MHoC rules do not supersede site rules. No-one should use a moderation issue as a stick with which to beat the Government or indeed LP himself - that is not in the spirit or rules of the game.
    LP has always seemed to me a person about whom I have political differences, not personal ones. If the ban results from conduct towards another member of the House, then it is a matter for the House to consider in my opinion. Otherwise, most probably not.

Let us wait for LP to return and have his say.

ReputationRep:
    I recognise the will of the House on the last MoNC, and indeed my objection was not to the Prime Minister himself but the Foreign Secretary and his support for the ultimately failed military coup in Turkey.

Don't worry, I have no plans to defect.

I am glad you would not allow me in! I have never voted Conservative in my life.

LP has always seemed to me a person about whom I have political differences, not personal ones. If the ban results from conduct towards another member of the House, then it is a matter for the House to consider in my opinion. Otherwise, most probably not.

Again, whether you think it's for the house to consider is utterly irrelevant unless you intend to try to MoNC the government to get rid of him, you don't seem to be getting that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Jammy Duel has hit the nail on the head. It's a moderation matter and has been dealt with as such and therefore is nothing to do with the House. Moreover, were LP to actually have his say on the event, he risks then getting carded (or whatever it is these days) for talking about his ban and moderation matters. The issue has been dealt with as appropriate by the moderation team and that's that.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.