help!
Reply 502
did your teacher predict the wjec unit 2 exam

and she said that it could be formal or informal letter
Reply 503
Original post by luke54
did your teacher predict the wjec unit 2 exam

and she said that it could be formal or informal letter

It could be any. The most important thing is that you do not only rely on predictions but also revise all the other writing types just to be safe!
Original post by Myp001
This teacher is very good. Wish i hadnt read this last minute. The prediction was close enough to 100%. I recommend y'all to this. Saved me!

Thank you! She is an excellent teacher. She just knew that because it was the last year of omom, there had to be a question on either George and Lennie or friendship because it's the foundation of the book!
WJEC GCSE English Language Unit 2 Predictions?
I'm thinging:
1. Informal letter
2. Either a report or a review
A report hasn't come up since November 2012 and a review last came up in June 2014 (I think).
Anyone else thinking any different?
Just revise everything
Reply 508
Original post by Anonymous20000
Anyone doing a view from the bridge, i did the Catherine question, and it said "think about how catherine speaks" so i wrote "B" instead of "beatrice" because she calls her B. Would i get penalised for doing this

I also did this so I hope not
it is going to be a report and informal letter, i am almost certain.
Original post by Stressedwbu1

is paper 2 a week tomorrow? i need to revise reports :frown:
how are you preparing for paper 1

edit: just realised i dont do this exam, i do the level 1 and 2 certificate rather than gcse
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 511
Original post by Stressedwbu1

Same. I've got that gut feeling. Don't know why.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 512
Everyone, how is your time management in the Reading exam? Do you still have enough time to write an adequate and quality response for the last compare and contrast question? Any tips??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TracyEmu
Everyone, how is your time management in the Reading exam? Do you still have enough time to write an adequate and quality response for the last compare and contrast question? Any tips??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I aim to spend 12 minutes per question, at the VERY most 15. This should then allow you 3-5 minutes at the end to check through, as well as around 3-5 mins to read each question throughly (and highlight your chosen info to answer question).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rebbarn29
You need to write in an impersonal tone. Instead of writing "I have carried out a report into..." you should write "a report has been carried out..."
Instead of writing "my findings are that..." you should write "it has been found out that..."

Hope this helps :smile:

Thank you. That did! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long should each of the first 4 questions be on the paper? Would half a page be okay for each 10 mark question or should I aim to write more/less
Predictions for tomorrow?
I think there's a high chance of an informal letter and a report as these haven't been up in ages. Also, make sure to revise formal letters as the exam bored loves to use them often.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't worry about how much you write in this exam, its about the quality. Its actually better to condense your points and evidence as we only have little time for writing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SophFlorence
Thank you. That did! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey how do you write a report ? What does it look like ?

Quick Reply

Latest