Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaaaa01)
    Set up 2 apparatus and for each experiment use one brand and another bran for the other experiment. Then heat it and the carbon dioxide will pass through the delivery tube into the test tube with lime water in it. Check what test tube is cloudier and the cloudier one will hav more carbon dioxide since lime water turns carbon dioxide cloudy.
    I talked about that limewater thing as well, But never gave a description of the experiment.
    I said something about density as well.

ReputationRep:
    For the Strontium one I wrote about it as a radioisotope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewis H01)
    What did everyone get for the what type of reaction is it at beaker B and the other reaction one?
    Oxidation for beaker B wasn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank$)
    I'm pretty sure that 0.36 litres is right as the balanced equation above the question showed 2Al to 3H2
    Sure ? Don't lull me into a false sense of security

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay431)
    Oxidation for beaker B wasn't it?
    I think it was but I wrote reduction, I had oxidation then changed it to reduction :/
    What about the other chemical reaction I got addition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studyranger)
    For the last using your knowledge q what did everyone put down?
    Set up 2 apparatus and for each experiment use one brand and another bran for the other experiment. Then heat it and the carbon dioxide will pass through the delivery tube into the test tube with lime water in it. Check what test tube is cloudier and the cloudier one will hav more carbon dioxide since lime water turns carbon dioxide cloudy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewis H01)
    I think it was but I wrote reduction, I had oxidation then changed it to reduction :/
    What about the other chemical reaction I got addition
    For polymerisation yeah it was addition

ReputationRep:
    What did people put down for strontium?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_4342)
    Sure ? Don't lull me into a false sense of security
    I'm sure as it was what I got and was one of the questions that stumped me for a moment before I got it.

My workings were something similar to:
    1 mole H2 = 24 L
    Al = 0.01 moles
    Al : H2
    2 : 3
    5 parts so 1 part = 0.01/2 = 0.005
    3 x 0.005 = 0.015
    Final answer = 24 x 0.015 = 0.36 L

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure as it was what I got and was one of the questions that stumped me for a moment before I got it.

My workings were something similar to:
    1 mole H2 = 24 L
    Al = 0.01 moles
    Al : H2
    2 : 3
    5 parts so 1 part = 0.01/2 = 0.005
    3 x 0.005 = 0.015
    Final answer = 24 x 0.015 = 0.36 L
    I got the same exact working and final answer as you Frank

ReputationRep:
    Its a metal. It loses to electrons to become positive. To test for strontium heat it and see if the flame colour turns watever colour it said in the data booklet. Density, and cant rmbr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethan100)
    I got the same exact working and final answer as you Frank
    That's comforting! It was definitely one of the more harder questions in the paper for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaaaa01)
    Its a metal. It loses to electrons to become positive. To test for strontium heat it and see if the flame colour turns watever colour it said in the data booklet. Density, and cant rmbr
    Yeah I done mostly the same as you, But forgot about the flame test lol

ReputationRep:
    What did people say for the question about what the sodium ion solution thing acted as? I put conductor but I know it's wrong now, was it electrolyte?

ReputationRep:
    Since it's a metal it's shiny, it has high melting and boiling points, it conducts electricity because of free moving ions and it has a red flame colour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marina1264)
    What did people say for the question about what the sodium ion solution thing acted as? I put conductor but I know it's wrong now, was it electrolyte?
    I wrote electrolyte, I think

(Original post by Chemman1)
    Since it's a metal it's shiny, it has high melting and boiling points, it conducts electricity because of free moving ions and it has a red flame colour
    Yeah same done similar things to you as well

ReputationRep:
    That's comforting! It was definitely one of the more harder questions in the paper for me
    Wooo!!!

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys so for the circle the answer one about the strong and weak bonding in the covalent molecular question?

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure that 0.36 litres is right as the balanced equation above the question showed 2Al to 3H2
    Yeah, that's what I put because:
    2mol Al ---> 3 mol H2
    1mol Al ---> 1.5 mol H2
    0.01 mol Al ---> 0.015 mol H2
    0.015 mol H2 = 0.015 * 24 = 0.36 litres

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_4342)
    What did you guys so for the circle the answer one about the strong and weak bonding in the covalent molecular question?
    Strong then weak But I think I'm wrong. I was confused

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.