Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Opinions on AQA AS Psychology Paper 1, 16 May 2016 Watch

• View Poll Results: What grade do you think you got in AQA psychology paper 1?
    A
    27.95%
    B
    34.06%
    C
    18.34%
    D
    9.61%
    E
    3.49%
    U
    6.55%

ReputationRep:
    I thought the paper went really well until I got out of the exam and realised that u mixed up the multi store memory model with the working memory model so I've just lost 18 marks! Such a let down after getting an A in my mock 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    it must've been about wmm though because that's the only aspect of working memory there is in the memory module? like what else could you have possibly talked about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whatwhy)
    Also I think you are right on the working model.
    surely there isn't really anything else you can write about working memory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rigby16)
    So for the strange situation is it still 6 aol 6 ao3 so 6 for procedure and findings and 6 for 2 developed evaluation points?

did you have to write about the findings? i just wrote that in other cultures behaviours could be interpreted differently? i remember learning about how germany saw a high degree of exploration and not much of a secure base as a good thing because it showed independence, but i have nO idea what i was on about tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamBuxton34)
    I put about WMM and Baddeley in the 12 marker if it isn't that then what on earth could it be? Thought the Rutter MCQ was dire I nearly collapsed as I couldn't decide which one. What did you guys put about self report?
    i think i out something about how the participants fill our the data themselves which is then collected by the researcher but i doubt that's gotten me many marks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivyivyivy)
    i think i out something about how the participants fill our the data themselves which is then collected by the researcher but i doubt that's gotten me many marks...
    It may have. Self report is interviews and questionnaires, and I believe you had to describe both.

ReputationRep:
    Is the bandura bobo doll study a key study to learn for paper 2 or do we just have to know social learning theory in general?

ReputationRep:
    hmm is someone gonna make a unit 2 thread or should i :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synonym)
    hmm is someone gonna make a unit 2 thread or should i :/
    yeah if you wouldn't mind because it would be so much easier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloebreenb)
    yeah if you wouldn't mind because it would be so much easier
    Yes please !

ReputationRep:
    Here is the unit 2 thread lets get this thread rolling now

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post64922171
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Is the bandura bobo doll study a key study to learn for paper 2 or do we just have to know social learning theory in general?
    Yep. Bandura is a key study that you need to know. It's on the spec.

All the studies you need for paper 2 are Wundt, Skinner, Pavlov, Bandura, Beck and Ellis.

ReputationRep:
    biopsychology predictions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael_Fishy)
    Yep. Bandura is a key study that you need to know. It's on the spec.

All the studies you need for paper 2 are Wundt, Skinner, Pavlov, Bandura, Beck and Ellis.
    what is wudnts study?

ReputationRep:
    what is wudnts study?
    Introspection

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mali473)
    Introspection

Posted from TSR Mobile
    but what was the actual procedure and findings?

ReputationRep:
    Does this help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    So basically, what he did was train his participants to analyse their own feelings. To say what they were thinking about, how they were thinking about it, why etc. He'd show them an an object and they'd record their feelings.

The method was crap, to put it bluntly. Very subjective, and had a lot of issues with validity. Not replicable at all, but it opened the door for more psychology studies to come, and established it as an actual science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael_Fishy)
    So basically, what he did was train his participants to analyse their own feelings. To say what they were thinking about, how they were thinking about it, why etc. He'd show them an an object and they'd record their feelings.

The method was crap, to put it bluntly. Very subjective, and had a lot of issues with validity. Not replicable at all, but it opened the door for more psychology studies to come, and established it as an actual science
    Yeah pretty much. Some more info

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    i thought the working memory one was awful! i wrote about the working memory model in the tiniest amount of detail. for the self-report one im sure that is self-report techniques like interviews and questionnaires? i just wrote a method of how to basically carry out an investigation! 100% wrong

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.