Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Getting CIE results on the 11th (Sciences and History) ...

What I'm expecting:
    History: A/A*
    Biology: A/A*
    Chemistry: A*
    Physics: A

French: A*
    Spanish: A*
    English Lang: A/B - that's the one I'm most scared about
    English Lit: A/A*

I already have A*s in Maths and German.

I'm scared and curious at the same time, I neeeeedddd to find outtt

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    You know the Scottish results do they include GCSE too ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starlight15)
    When people ask you what year group you're in during the summer holidays do you say year 11 or year 12?

When people ask me what year group i'm in and I want to say year 11 but I'm finished with year 11 but I want to say year 12 but I haven't got my results yet
    You just say starting year 12 in September or just finished year 11( so moving into year 12)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by extraordinaire)
    btw has anyone had any results day dreams? because I've had two already...
    I've had sooo many!! Some realistic and some ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlinford3)
    I've had sooo many!! Some realistic and some ridiculous
    Loool really? Care to share some examples?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I spy a sailor moon profile picture

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by extraordinaire)
    Loool really? Care to share some examples?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I spy a sailor moon profile picture
    Yesss! And I've dreamt all A*s, I've dreamt half my results were missing from the sheet, I've dreamt I got one grade and it was a C in RE (I think because I'm pretty worried about RE), I've dreamt 8A*s 2A's (because that's been my ideal, but I know I won't get it), then I had a dream where the grades felt very realistic so I was wondering if it was a premonition ?? I wrote it down somewhere but I've forgotten where now hahahah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlinford3)
    Yesss! And I've dreamt all A*s, I've dreamt half my results were missing from the sheet, I've dreamt I got one grade and it was a C in RE (I think because I'm pretty worried about RE), I've dreamt 8A*s 2A's (because that's been my ideal, but I know I won't get it), then I had a dream where the grades felt very realistic so I was wondering if it was a premonition ?? I wrote it down somewhere but I've forgotten where now hahahah!
    wow!
    Yeah I feel like mine have been quite vivid too but I'm unsure whether they'll reflect reality. If you're worried about your results but you've worked hard, it's most likely because you're worried. Same with if you keep fantasizing about your dream grades (like me). However sometimes my gut feeling is correct or I have a premonition of something which has some truth in it
    If only results day was sooner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starlight15)
    When people ask you what year group you're in during the summer holidays do you say year 11 or year 12?

When people ask me what year group i'm in and I want to say year 11 but I'm finished with year 11 but I want to say year 12 but I haven't got my results yet
    I just say year 12 in september loool cause technically im not in a year

My spanish and english exams were igcse cie therefore those results come out on the 11th but I think my school gives all the results together (on the 25th) .
    Idk whether I should wait or get my parents to email and ask.

(Original post by mxskaan)
    My spanish and english exams were igcse cie therefore those results come out on the 11th but I think my school gives all the results together (on the 25th) .
    Idk whether I should wait or get my parents to email and ask.
    Wait, IGCSE exams results come out on the 11th? How can you find out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak143244)
    Some pupils receive logins to view them online. Unfortunately, like me, your school didn't give you a login to view them.

(Original post by CIEBioloysifh)
    Some pupils receive logins to view them online. Unfortunately, like me, your school didn't give you a login to view them.
    Aww that sucks. I really wanted to know my English Language result so I can stop worrying about it.

(Original post by ak143244)
    Yes if you're with CIE then IGCSE results come out on the 11th.

https://ask.cie.org.uk/hc/en-gb/arti...s-be-released-

"All qualifications except for Cambridge Pre-U From 06.00 BST on 11 August 2016 Schools may release results to candidates straight away."

I think it's best to email your exam's officer, I'm not entirely sure on what to do either.

ReputationRep:
    Quick question for anyone who took the AQA Eng Lang paper; do you think the GB will be lowered? I think they should be as it was a harder exam than last years. Really need an A in English Language.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahil19)
    Quick question for anyone who took the AQA Eng Lang paper; do you think the GB will be lowered? I think they should be as it was a harder exam than last years. Really need an A in English Language.
    Amen to that! Hopefully they will be low as the questions were weirdly phrased and just HARD. But I'm still hoping for an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AceOfSpade)
    Amen to that! Hopefully they will be low as the questions were weirdly phrased and just HARD. But I'm still hoping for an A*
    Yeah I got an A* in the last mock we did before the real thing, would more than happily take an A after the not so nice paper aha.

ReputationRep:
    I hope the IGCSE grade boundaries are released or leaked!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I got an A* in the last mock we did before the real thing, would more than happily take an A after the not so nice paper aha.
    Exactly the same as you. Scraped an A* in the mock (59/80, GB was 57) but found this so so difficult and I'm just praying I didn't get a B because the boundaries are always so close.
    I genuinely couldn't even understand what article 1 was about which has never happened before, and I completely messed up section B because I had no time
    What was it about it that you found difficult?

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys think of the Edexcel English Language paper? The first section of the OMOM paper was worded horrendously, loads of people wrote about context!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    Exactly the same as you. Scraped an A* in the mock (59/80, GB was 57) but found this so so difficult and I'm just praying I didn't get a B because the boundaries are always so close.
    I genuinely couldn't even understand what article 1 was about which has never happened before, and I completely messed up section B because I had no time
    What was it about it that you found difficult?
    I got 59 in my last mock as well!!!!! I found the question about thoughts and feelings difficult. Also the question about writing to a newspaper was awful; mind completely went blank. Praying that I get an A, 2nd highest priority for me after History.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.