Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone looking to familiarise with an E-Tray test there's a free practice one here: https://www.assessmentday.co.uk/e-tray-exercise.htm

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know what the ball-park pass marks will be for these kind of things, who potentially did it last year? I know that's probably an unanswerable question, but I'm scoring between 60-75% on the practice e-trays for example, and a friend last year alluded to the fact that it was around 60% got you ambderbanded, and 55% fail? Though no doubt she was probably pulling that out of thin air...!

ReputationRep:
    anyone else find that e tray really hard? ahah kinda lost hope for my application now. thought it was going to go okay then really didn't feel like it did at all. oh well can only wait and see i guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linney)
    Does anybody know what the ball-park pass marks will be for these kind of things, who potentially did it last year? I know that's probably an unanswerable question, but I'm scoring between 60-75% on the practice e-trays for example, and a friend last year alluded to the fact that it was around 60% got you ambderbanded, and 55% fail? Though no doubt she was probably pulling that out of thin air...!
    We weren't given any scores last year, so there is no way of finding out. Also, different streams have different pass marks.

Last year, there was a second written part of the e-tray which went towards your FSAC. This doesn't seem to be a part of the e-tray this year , thankfully!

ReputationRep:
    Have they definitely removed the written portion of the E-Tray? I'm asking because I sprained my wrist last week so I can only type one handed which will put me at a serious disadvantage for any written section.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pangeasink)
    Have they definitely removed the written portion of the E-Tray? I'm asking because I sprained my wrist last week so I can only type one handed which will put me at a serious disadvantage for any written section.
    From what other people have posted, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elmossurfin)
    I just completed the e-tray exercise and I would recommend you do as it says and go through them in order. The emails don't refer to or affect each other. There is no need to prioritize them.

I wonder how long it will take for them to get back to us about e-tray results as they are so haphazard with the other tests.
    Good job on your e-tray! I will do mine tomorrow, failed last year so hope this time will be better!
    Can I ask you, was it just the emails answering part, or they still have the "essay" bit at the end of the multiple choice exercise?
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Just did the e-tray...went absolutely terrible.. Highly doubt im going to make it past this stage.
    When you guys said there would be a lot of information I didnt expect that much. Also only managed to do 22 out of the 24.
    Good luck guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warratz10)
    Just did the e-tray...went absolutely terrible.. Highly doubt im going to make it past this stage.
    When you guys said there would be a lot of information I didnt expect that much. Also only managed to do 22 out of the 24.
    Good luck guys
    Glad that someone else found it as hard as me!

ReputationRep:
    Er, not had this before...have any other disabled applicants been told that they have to complete the e-tray in 3 days (Tuesday), despite having received an e-mail to say that the Fast Stream Team will be in contact with you in the early stages of next week? Possibly an automated e-mail?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warratz10)
    Good luck guys
    I will do mine today!! really scared! Do they still have the written part at the end of the exercise? or just the replying to emails section?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claudia2391)
    I will do mine today!! really scared! Do they still have the written part at the end of the exercise? or just the replying to emails section?
    I haven't got around to doing the e-tray yet, but if it is anything like last years set, it really is just measuring your professional judgment and getting a feel for how you would react to situations. I understand the written element has disappeared, but perhaps people who have actually taken the test can confirm this. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanDancer)
    I haven't got around to doing the e-tray yet, but if it is anything like last years set, it really is just measuring your professional judgment and getting a feel for how you would react to situations. I understand the written element has disappeared, but perhaps people who have actually taken the test can confirm this. :P
    Exactly.. I had the same feeling, but I wanted to be 100% sure considering I have to take mine today...it expires on Tuesday!!!! Good luck to you for your e-tray!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scar123)
    Did anyone else apply for the Government Social Research stream? Haven't heard many that have. It's my first choice with Generalist second.
    I did but it's my second choice, with generalist first.

ReputationRep:
    Just did the E-Tray, what a mind****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scar123)
    Did anyone else apply for the Government Social Research stream? Haven't heard many that have. It's my first choice with Generalist second.
    (Original post by nfarnell95)
    I did but it's my second choice, with generalist first.
    Also applied for Social Research here (with stats second). Just did the e-tray.

ReputationRep:
    Any advice before starting the e tray? X

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i was wondering if someone could help me? In regard to the behavioural questionnaire, are we required to mark "agree", “Disagree”, “Slightly disagree”, and “Slightly agree” for each question? or if, for instance, you agree with every statement, are you supposed to just mark "agree"? I hope this makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else keep putting off their Etray?? Mine runs out on Tuesday but I am too nervous to do it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twister123)
    Does anyone else keep putting off their Etray?? Mine runs out on Tuesday but I am too nervous to do it!
    I'm the exact same, was going to do it today as mine runs out on tuesday but leaving it till tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.