Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fyrebirds)
    Does LSE have lower standards for international applicants? My friend got in last year having barely met the qualifications.
    Perhaps they had a killer personal statement and incredible work experience or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fbiemad)
    Did any Economics applicant get the 8 weeks email yet?
    gmahapatra
    Blueberry.89
    What about you?
    I'm still waiting on it, but I think I have a 1 week lag relative to you

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who applied for bsc finance got any mails that they are gonna be measured against other applicants from the academic selector? One of my friend got that and I saw a couple of them in here get such email. I am getting damn nervous about it as LSE is one of my important option

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Course: Government and History
    A-Levels: A*AA (Geography, History, Politics) - currently having a gap year
    Extras: Summer School & Work Experience in the Houses of Parliament.

I have received the 8 week email

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Law LLB. I received the 8 week email on the 31st

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can I just ask how long did you guys get your initial review email after application? Because I applied on 21st and still haven't got it xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BECK!!)
    Can I just ask how long did you guys get your initial review email after application? Because I applied on 21st and still haven't got it xx
    That's normal. Applied on the 15th and got it on the 31st

ReputationRep:
    Applied 12th
    Acknowledge on 13th
    Initial on 18th
    8 week 28th

ReputationRep:
    Will there be any rejections tomorrow or offers on this Friday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indvolda)
    That's normal. Applied on the 15th and got it on the 31st
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mehtj006)
    Applied 12th
    Acknowledge on 13th
    Initial on 18th
    8 week 28th
    Congrats on the 8 week, so they don't exactly come at 8th week?

ReputationRep:
    Got so confused with that as well, but actually, "8 week mail" means that it's a mail saying they'll contact you in 8 weeks to tell you about the status of your application.
    I know, people could have found a more relevant name to talk about this mail

ReputationRep:
    I think I will have a reply just before christmas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indvolda)
    Got so confused with that as well, but actually, "8 week mail" means that it's a mail saying they'll contact you in 8 weeks to tell you about the status of your application.
    I know, people could have found a more relevant name to talk about this mail
    Ohh I see! Thank you, that is quite confusing😂

ReputationRep:
    ab

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rolaah)
    Got my 2 week email yesterday for IR...
    Good luck, i am applying for IR as well sending mine off this week. Mind if i ask what your grades were like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patrick-Bateman)
    Sent application 10/10, confirmation application has been recieved by LSE 12/10, passed on for further assesment (passed inital assesment) 31/10. I believe this is the '8 week email' says in it 'this stage of the admissions process typically takes eight weeks', can anyone confirm?
    That's correct.

ReputationRep:
    Applied for BSc in Economics

Sent application 10/10, confirmation application has been recieved by LSE 12/10, passed on for further assesment (passed inital assesment) 31/10. I believe this is the '8 week email' says in it 'this stage of the admissions process typically takes eight weeks', can anyone confirm?

sent application 13/10, confirmation 15/10

nothing else as of yet. Please, someone, give me reassurance or I'm going to explode...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gazebo99)
    Good luck, i am applying for IR as well sending mine off this week. Mind if i ask what your grades were like?
    Sure, I got 11A*s at GCSE, 4 As at AS and predicted 3 A*s at A2. hbu?

ReputationRep:
    Applied for BSc in Economics

A-Level (Predictions): Mathematics (A*), Further Mathematics (A), Physics (A*), Economics (A*), EPQ (A*)

AS-Level (Achieved): Mathematics (A), Further Mathematics (B), Physics (A), Economics (A), Critical Thinking (A)

GCSE & IGCSE (Achieved): 10A*

Academic Reference: Essay compeitition top entrant, relevant EPQ (Economics and Maths based), academic scholarship, UKMT Senior Maths Challenge, A2 & AS British Physics Olympiad.

It is correct, but that doesn't mean you will receive a decision in the 8th week. You might have to wait until 31st of March. Many people get their decisions in March, so don't feel that it will definitely come within 8 weeks.

Spoiler:
    Show

I applied on 10th October, confirmation on 12th, UMS form and Initial Review emails both on 17th and '8 Weeks' email on 31st. So basically the same dates as you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 16, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.