Maths year 11

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RDKGames)
    Pond + pond + patio is wrong. Work them out individually and add them up.
    How's this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    How's this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Correct. (You should really lay off so many decimal places lol, 2 or 3 are enough)

ReputationRep:
    Correct. (You should really lay off so many decimal places lol, 2 or 3 are enough)
    Hahaha I just find it easier to understand like this xx

What do I do after?

Is it 112.2/25

And then round it to the nearest whole?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    Hahaha I just find it easier to understand like this xx

What do I do after?

Is it 112.2/25

And then round it to the nearest whole?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes that should give you the minimum amount of boxes you need. After you get the number, think whether you round to the nearest whole, will that number be enough for all the grass as the person wishes?

ReputationRep:
    Yes that should give you the minimum amount of boxes you need. After you get the number, think whether you round to the nearest whole, will that number be enough for all the grass as the person wishes?
    It's not enough..
    As he got 4.488

Therefore he needs 5 boxes. But he doesn't have enough he only has 4boxes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    Heya, my end of year exam is coming up and I'm doing higher and I'm getting D's I'm currently in year 10 and I know I can do better if I revise. Is anyone else willing to help me with a few questions ?
    Achieve maths on youtube is brilliant! They go through so many past papers, watch all the videos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crabber25)
    Achieve maths on youtube is brilliant! They go through so many past papers, watch all the videos
    Thankss x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    It's not enough..
    As he got 4.488

Therefore he needs 5 boxes. But he doesn't have enough he only has 4boxes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What do you mean by that last statement when you say he has only 4 boxes? The question asks how many boxes he needs. So your first 2 statements are correct, you can't round down because 4 is not enough therefore he must make do with 5 and keep the leftover fertiliser.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by that last statement when you say he has only 4 boxes? The question asks how many boxes he needs. So your first 2 statements are correct, you can't round down because 4 is not enough therefore he must make do with 5 and keep the leftover fertiliser.
    He can only use 4 fertilisers. Hahaha sorry about that x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    He can only use 4 fertilisers. Hahaha sorry about that x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Doesn't specify anywhere in the question that the restriction is 4, so he can use 5 as that's the minimum needed. Anywho, you get the idea.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't specify anywhere in the question that the restriction is 4, so he can use 5 as that's the minimum needed. Anywho, you get the idea.
    For this one should I find the interior and exterior angles?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    For this one should I find the interior and exterior angles?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Personally I would find the interior angle, as we are told it is a 10-sided regular polygon (known as a decagon). We can label angle DCX as angle y

So then we have the same situation as your previous questions, all these 3 angles around C add up to 360 and you know one of them so you can work out y.

ReputationRep:
    A valid method which I've mentioned above this post, however 144+90 is not 204

ReputationRep:
    Personally I would find the interior angle, as we are told it is a 10-sided regular polygon (known as a decagon). We can label angle DCX as angle y

So then we have the same situation as your previous questions, all these 3 angles around C add up to 360 and you know one of them so you can work out y.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    You can extend the line too if you wish and work with that, though I wouldn't bother personally. The interior angle will be made up from the 90 you've drawn on and the other angle. You can find that other angle and take it away from 180 to get the angle you need.

ReputationRep:
    You can extend the line too if you wish and work with that, though I wouldn't bother personally. The interior angle will be made up from the 90 you've drawn on and the other angle. You can find that other angle and take it away from 180 to get the angle you need.
    How do I find the other angle? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got it x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Correct.

ReputationRep:
    Correct.
    Now angle d

Is 360-144

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.