A Level Results: Post Your Results (AS)

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt.thorne10)
    I think that's right yeah, which is quite funny because this means if I get 90 average in C3 and 4, then I could just not turn up to my 6th paper, get 0, but still get an A* haha. The system seems a bit broken but I'll take it
    Same damn hopefully i can get that in D1 has anybody done D1 if so what do you guys think of it and any tips

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GabbytheGreek_48)
    Same damn hopefully i can get that in D1 has anybody done D1 if so what do you guys think of it and any tips

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did D1 this year and got 100 UMS. The thing with D1 is that you learn algorithms, which never change, practice them over and over until they become second nature, then do the same on the real paper, and boom full UMS. Genuinely the best piece of advice I could give is to prepare for it properly even when it becomes boring and/or easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJ6987)
    What are the "Module Marks"?

My daughter has just had her AS results (still count 50% of her A Levels in Wales) and we were expecting to see "raw score" or "UMS" but it only has "Module Mark" I.e.

Government and Politics: Grade A (Module Mark 190 / 200 across the two papers, 98 + 92)

Geography: Grade A (Module Mark 177 / 200 ditto, 92 + 85)

Law: Grade A (Module Mark 166 / 200 ditto, 94 + 72)

(Predicted 3 A's)

She can see she's got 3 A's, which is good, but she wants to know how good!?

She's thinking of resisting the 72 in Law 1 as this was normally her best subject.
    I'm a mummy too! 16 year old son got 5 x A grade at AS - Spanish, French Marine Science, Biology and Chemistry. We live in Spain so he took A2 Spanish a year early A*.
    Apart from Marine Science they were all Edexcel. I can see the UMS e.g. Chemistry 240 UMS = A grade - my son got 281 UMS. However, I can't see the breakdown of the results per unit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did D1 this year and got 100 UMS. The thing with D1 is that you learn algorithms, which never change, practice them over and over until they become second nature, then do the same on the real paper, and boom full UMS. Genuinely the best piece of advice I could give is to prepare for it properly even when it becomes boring and/or easy.
    Thanks so much for the advice will Defo do that so I can guarantee that A* although will b focusing on c3 and 4 of course because those are the important ones

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Join the 300/300 Maths club
    I'm applying to Cambridge too, but for Economics. How did you find M2 this year? Thought it was reasonably (this is Edexcel btw).
    I did m1, s1 and d1, on OCR, so I can't comment at all about how M2 was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue2337)
    I did! I didn't do a single science, I did 2 Englishes, History and Classics and got high As in all of them
    Very nice!

What will you be doing in the future?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BEARichards)
    WELL DONE ON YOUR AMAZING RESULTS EVERYONE!
    Here are my results
    -FRENCH: Predicted by teachers: A / Predicted by me: A / Actual result: A (I got 100%! So happy!)
    -SPANISH: Predicted by teachers: A / Predicted by me: B / Actual result: A
    -GOVERNMENT AND POLITICS: Predicted by teachers: B / Predicted by me: C / Actual result: A !! (I got 98% in this which really surprised me!)

I'm so happy, I've had a really tricky year so AAA was such an achievement! I'm dropping politics next year so I will be doing French, Spanish and Psychology (it's linear so all exams are next year!)
    damn are you french? lol

ReputationRep:
    Results
    • English Literature: Predicted B / Achieved A
    • Sociology: Predicted B / Achieved A
    • Government and Poltics: Predicted C / Achieved A
    • Psychology: Predicted B / Achieved B
    • EPQ: Predicted A / Achieved A
    Comments and reactions
    Happy with it all (especially English which was HUGELY unexpected)

Future ambitions
    These are my AS results but I hope to do Psychology

ReputationRep:
    Results
    • Maths: no prediction / Achieved A
    • General Studies: no prediction / Achieved C
    Comments and reactions
    I am deeply satisfied.

Future ambitions
    Carry on studying A Levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GabbytheGreek_48)
    D1 is not very Mathsy. There are 4 mark questions for putting a list of numbers into an order. The hardest bit is graphical inequalities with a silly level of contextual depth. The boundaries are usually very high though.

ReputationRep:
    Results
    • Creative Writing: Predicted A / Achieved A (76 UMS/80 for CREW1:woo:)
    • Government & Politics: Predicted B / Achieved A
    • Sociology: Predicted A / Achieved A
    Comments and reactions
    So happy! We weren't given any predictions at my college so those are just what I thought I'd get. Surprised I did better in GOVP2 than GOVP1 considering I found the former far, far more difficult...

Future ambitions
    I really don't know... I keep changing my mind on university courses; I'm really struggling to find one I enjoy. I've done lots of research but nothing's really grabbing me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    D1 is not very Mathsy. There are 4 mark questions for putting a list of numbers into an order. The hardest bit is graphical inequalities with a silly level of contextual depth. The boundaries are usually very high though.
    Thank you for the Info

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LenniesRabbit)
    Results
    • English Literature: Predicted B / Achieved A
    • Sociology: Predicted B / Achieved A
    • Government and Poltics: Predicted C / Achieved A
    • Psychology: Predicted B / Achieved B
    • EPQ: Predicted A / Achieved A
    Bad luck having to do English Lit, psychology and sociology...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoiler-s)
    I am in year 12 but I learnt and sat all the maths exams for the full A2 - which is how I got the A*! The statistics however is an AS
    Therefore, in this thread your results are as follows:
    • Statistics: Predicted A / Achieved A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    Very nice!

What will you be doing in the future?
    Ahahahahahha, literally no clue.

First off I want to get into Cambridge to do Linguistics, and then maybe do a masters and PhD or something in a more specific area? Or, after getting my BA, I'll find a job which has a semi-decent pay and try and work my way up in that? Or I might do a transfer from Linguistics to Psychology or Law or something like that?

TLDR I have no frickin clue

ReputationRep:
    Am i the only one who didn't do AS exams for subjects that are now two year courses? We just did a mock in school for those subjects

ReputationRep:
    Results

Maths: Predicted A, achieved A (including 100UMS in C1)
    Further Maths: Predicted A, achieved A
    Physics: Predicted B, achieved A
    Chemistry: Predicted A, achieved A

Also my further maths class were entered for C3 maths - got 100UMS, still don't know how...

Reaction

Very pleased, especially with C3, and with physics.

Future ambitions

Study mechanical engineering @ Imperial

ReputationRep:
    Results

English language: Predicted B / Achieved B
    English literature: Predicted C / Achieved C
    Psychology: Predicted C / Achieved C

Comments and reactions

Those grades could have been so much better but at least I got my predicted grades and am allowed to carry on to year 13!

Future ambitions

To study English language and linguistics at Southampton university

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RZA17)
    Firstly, congratulationsssss. May I ask, how you revised??? I need as much advise as I can get.
    My revision method is tailored towards me and works best for me so I wouldn't recommend it for others. If I'm revising the content then I literally re-read and memorise things. If i have plenty of time ill make a few revision cards. Once I've learned all the content I do all the papers while constantly reviewing my notes and the textbook notes.

Definitely do all the past papers available to you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    That awkward moment when you say the grade boundaries are 'very high' yet 100 UMS in D1 edexcel this year was 63/75 haha

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.