[2017] Fastest and slowest offer senders!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmamelville)
    has anybody received offers for Law yet?
    I've applied for Law with French at Bristol, Leeds, Liverpool, Sheffield... and Oxford. I know somebody who received an offer from Liverpool for law within few days of sending his offer yet i haven't even received an acknowledgement email and sent it in before him. I was surprised a law department handed out offers so quickly, his PS must have been really good.
    Regardless of which course you've applied for, has anybody heard back or got a generic email from any of these unis yet? Nervous
    I'm not applying for law (i'm applying for biological sciences) but i got an acknowledgement email from Bristol roughly 2 days after my application was sent and then a surprisingly low offer the same day (BBB). I'm applying to different uni's though compared to your other 4 so i'm no help there sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mfp3343)
    Thank God, mines more like a 98%/2% split, it's so hard having enough space when you're talking about more than one subject
    At all the Oxbridge talks I've gone to I think they aren't really fussed as long as it's not more than 20% devoted to other things. My friend spoke to an admissions tutor at Edinburgh and apparently they said they literally don't care about any extra things, just enough so they can see you have a life

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Law with French at Bristol, Leeds, Liverpool, Sheffield... and Oxford. I know somebody who received an offer from Liverpool for law within few days of sending his offer yet i haven't even received an acknowledgement email and sent it in before him. I was surprised a law department handed out offers so quickly, his PS must have been really good.
    Regardless of which course you've applied for, has anybody heard back or got a generic email from any of these unis yet? Nervous
    Applied for German with International Politics at Liverpool last Tuesday, got an acknowledgement email on Thursday followed up by an offer a few hours later. My other choices are Lancaster, Exeter, Birmingham and Durham. Got immediate acknowledgements from Lancaster and Exeter, acknowledgement from Birmingham yesterday but nothing from Durham yet so it just depends on the uni I think.

ReputationRep:
    Oh gosh so many people have finished their statement and stuff and are waiting for offers and everything. :eek2: I haven't even done a first draft. Just as well i'm not an early applicant haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by everythingice)
    Oh gosh so many people have finished their statement and stuff and are waiting for offers and everything. :eek2: I haven't even done a first draft. Just as well i'm not an early applicant haha
    You're not the only one. I'm ~2000 characters through my PS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    You're not the only one. I'm ~2000 characters through my PS.
    Ah okay that makes me feel a lil better about myself. What are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlie_rhia_x)
    has anyone had more than one confirmation email (the same one) from southampton? must be something wrong with their system
    I've had 4 emails and a postcard 😂😂 definitely a problem I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlie_rhia_x)
    has anyone had more than one confirmation email (the same one) from southampton? must be something wrong with their system
    Yep, I've received one every day since last Monday at exactly the same time every morning...

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay that makes me feel a lil better about myself. What are you applying for?
    Maths. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    Maths. How about you?
    Psychology.

ReputationRep:
    They will be waiting for LNAT scores and/or in-house essay marking to happen. Don't expect to hear anything for the next couple of weeks, then there should be a steady flow of offers coming through.

ReputationRep:
    Oh gosh so many people have finished their statement and stuff and are waiting for offers and everything. I haven't even done a first draft.
    Neither will heaps of other people so don't panic!

Aim at getting it done over half-term, final tweaks (and rethinking Unis/courses) over the following few weeks, then submitting it before Christmas. That's a) normal and b) totally okay.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully I'll be sending mine off on Wednesday :woo:

I would send it off earlier, but my head of sixth form needs to give it the OK, and I'm on work experience Monday and Tuesday so I have to wait...

ReputationRep:
    Guys in my ps if I say "Being a senior prefect, I.." do I capitalise it??? "Being a Senior Prefect, I..." or the other???? aaaah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    Guys in my ps if I say "Being a senior prefect, I.." do I capitalise it??? "Being a Senior Prefect, I..." or the other???? aaaah
    Yeah my UCAS administrator told me to capitalise it when I put it in my PS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren1498x)
    At all the Oxbridge talks I've gone to I think they aren't really fussed as long as it's not more than 20% devoted to other things.
    Tbh my personal statement is 100% academic only focusing on the course (although I do talk about future careers etc but that's still related to the course). My referee talked about my extracurricular activities in my reference so that I didn't have to waste precious characters in my ps
    Really suggest that if you can influence easily your tutor, I got to read mine and give feedback on it, which was really nice.

For ppl who haven't yet done their ps or are half way through it, just write one complete draft and don't worry too much about the language at that point, once you have a base it's so much easier to go and edit that to make it perfect. This tip honestly helped me so much and hope it helps others

Good luck to everybody

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gogregg)

I would send it off earlier, but my head of sixth form needs to give it the OK, and I'm on work experience Monday and Tuesday so I have to wait...
    Good luck! What are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gogregg)

YAAH same!!! Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcedArizona)
    Good luck! What are you applying for?
    Thank you!
    Medicine at UEA, Barts and the London, Newcastle and Dundee

(Original post by ImagineCats)
    YAAH same!!! Good luck!!
    :woo: you too!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    For once, I'm looking forward to school so I can send off my UCAS.
    Same here. Keep me updated with Swansea! Desperate for an offer from them

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.