HMRC 042R Officer Caseworkers (External) October 2016 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Sk80gse
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Eggs and Ham)
I didn't get through for Belfast. My competencies were top notch- I've written so many and I'd say I have very strong written skills. I'm really shocked to be honest with you.

That's a shame. I would say I'm similar to you. I consider myself to be a good writer and couldn't have done anymore for my competencies. The wait continues.
webster89
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got the apology email this morning too - NEWCASTLE
Nobby054
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Unsuccessful in Manchester
Jjubb84
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I didn't get through for Belfast. My competencies were top notch- I've written so many and I'd say I have very strong written skills. I'm really shocked to be honest with you.
I'd try not to be downhearted about it. You are probably correct in saying you have fabulous written skills. That being said, try to remember that there will also be a lot of other candidates who have equal (or in places better) written skills. I understand that the entry requirements were A-levels, but I'd be VERY surprised if there were many applicants without degrees. Obviously, those people (should) have excellent written skills too. Chin up!
webster89
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I know I got an email a couple of hours ago but seriously this wait is killing me. It's like being back at school waiting for exam results - knowing you're going to get a response but not knowing what it will be lol.
Eggs and Ham
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jjubb84)
I'd try not to be downhearted about it. You are probably correct in saying you have fabulous written skills. That being said, try to remember that there will also be a lot of other candidates who have equal (or in places better) written skills. I understand that the entry requirements were A-levels, but I'd be VERY surprised if there were many applicants without degrees. Obviously, those people (should) have excellent written skills too. Chin up!
I've worked in the public sector for quite a few years now- I have a degree and Masters and have written countless competency statements and knew the public sector 'drill'. I can't fathom how I wouldn't at least get an interview. I tailored it to their precise requirements- I gave it my absolute all. I'm sure there were lots of great candidates out there with degrees etc, but I don't know how much more they could have wanted.

(Thanks all for quoting me- apologies, I couldn't respond to everyone).
Pmakgreb
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
As I said. Don't hold out too much hope after reading that. I done mines in 10 mins. Could have been a lot better. Must be a lot of competition out there and they are only putting through the exceptional. Don't know why some from Belfast have received and others not. You'd have thought they would have been batched.
Jjubb84
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've worked in the public sector for quite a few years now- I have a degree and Masters and have written countless competency statements and knew the public sector 'drill'. I can't fathom how I wouldn't at least get an interview. I tailored it to their precise requirements- I gave it my absolute all. I'm sure there were lots of great candidates out there with degrees etc, but I don't know how much more they could have wanted.

(Thanks all for quoting me- apologies, I couldn't respond to everyone).
I guess the obvious answer would be fewer vacancies in Belfast and a large number of applicants. I know people have said it's 3 interviews per role...
Eggs and Ham
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I guess the obvious answer would be fewer vacancies in Belfast and a large number of applicants. I know people have said it's 3 interviews per role...
I had Edinburgh as no.2, but now I wished I'd put them no.1. Or maybe it just wasn't meant to be and I still would have received the same outcome...

I hope there will be another campaign in a few months time, but I get the feeling 3 recruitment rounds in 1 year is probably more than enough. But who knows.
Knockknock91
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Got my rejection email for Stratford on Saturday night. Like other posters, I don't think I could have done much more on the competency statements to make them relevant. Good luck to people still waiting.
Jjubb84
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I hope there will be another campaign in a few months time, but I get the feeling 3 recruitment rounds in 1 year is probably more than enough. But who knows.
Did you have a crack at the other rounds or is this your first?
gingerwizard
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I had Edinburgh as no.2, but now I wished I'd put them no.1. Or maybe it just wasn't meant to be and I still would have received the same outcome...

Yeah doubt there will be another drive, bar possibly after the tsp 17 process has come to a conclusion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hco786
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hi has anyone been on the interviews as yet today was the 1st day for interviews in cardiff
Jamiebb1993
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Does anyone know of anyone who's been successful in London?

I'm trying to remain positive but still not having a response is really irritating me.
Eggs and Ham
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Did you have a crack at the other rounds or is this your first?
It was my first time applying.
Sk80gse
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Haven't had the email to explain the delay or any other for that matter. šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬
Jamiebb1993
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sk80gse)
Haven't had the email to explain the delay or any other for that matter. šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬
Which location?
Sk80gse
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jamiebb1993)
Which location?
Liverpool
Em1979
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sk80gse)
I'm in Liverpool & got the apology email at 10.03am today stating they are working to issue the results as soon as possible and hope this will be within the next twenty four hours.

Still haven't heard anything but fingers crossed no news is good news! Keep checking my emails though...
hco786
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hi has anyone been on the interviews as yet today was the 1st day for interviews in cardiff
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed