Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    Oh thank you, I don't need everybody to wish me luck, I'm not actually very worried about it.

I hope the next couple of years will be good, I don't know anybody there though because all my friends are staying at my old schools sixth form, and I'm leaving so I'll be all alone.
    Don't worry, lots of people are new at sixth forms. I was new at mine, and made friends really fast! And in a year, I even got to become the head girl. And you're lucky coz' your dad and stepmum are there to look out for you.

xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    Oh it's done on posts and not forum time, so in theory I could be repping you later today? I doubt that somewhat though.

Did you rep me for reading the FAQ then because I have 10 points, if so thank you.

I will tell you about the results if I see you around, and yes it is good, if I'm set hard law homework my dad can pratically do it for me, not to mention the courework!
    In theory yep you could get to 300. Would take me a while though personally. Don't you start off with 10 points....? But actually i'm feeling really kind today and you seem deserving so check in a minute

ReputationRep:
    Yeh you do start with 10 points.
    I'd never be able to do 300 in a day. 30 maybe, but definitely not 300!

ReputationRep:
    damn my school says 10.30 but they organise the whole lot round a room alphabetically maybe thats why.
    i will get there early too. im well scared its really soon now!

(Original post by lilsunflower)
    Don't worry, lots of people are new at sixth forms. I was new at mine, and made friends really fast! And in a year, I even got to become the head girl. And you're lucky coz' your dad and stepmum are there to look out for you.

xoxo
    That's encouraging to hear, to be honest it worries me more then the workload because I'm quite quiet around people I don't know. Walking about with two of the teachers is hardly a cool look either. Maybe I'll wind up as head boy though.

(Original post by Ramaya)
    In theory yep you could get to 300. Would take me a while though personally. Don't you start off with 10 points....? But actually i'm feeling really kind today and you seem deserving so check in a minute
    I could try, really I just want to reach 75 today because then I reach a new title, or is it bad to set out to make a lot of posts?

I don't know what you start with, maybe it is 10, but why 10 and not 0, and how can I tell if people have given me any? I did read the FAQ but I don't remember reading about this. Oh and thank you if that means you'll rep me, it'll be nice to get my first lot, (or maybe second if you do start on 0) - but once again I'll need to know how to check for it...

ReputationRep:
    Lol yeah it took me half a year to get to 800!

Oh right, well thank you for clearing that up, though it means I still have never had rep given to me.

I'm close to 30 in one day, and I might even go over it, you'll have to follow in my footsteps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    I could try, really I just want to reach 75 today because then I reach a new title, or is it bad to set out to make a lot of posts?

I don't know what you start with, maybe it is 10, but why 10 and not 0, and how can I tell if people have given me any? I did read the FAQ but I don't remember reading about this. Oh and thank you if that means you'll rep me, it'll be nice to get my first lot, (or maybe second if you do start on 0) - but once again I'll need to know how to check for it...
    Reaching 75 in one day isn't bad as long as you don't sam and your posts are useful... to some degree.
    Starting with 10 i think is indicating your in positive rep and not on the border, so its not too easy to be demoted to a grey gem.
    Check your user CP to see if you have any.

Lol yeah it took me half a year to get to 800!
    I got your rep but I still only have 10 points, and the rep was grey - why is that because you have loads of posts.... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    I got your rep but I still only have 10 points, and the rep was grey - why is that because you have loads of posts.... :confused:
    :eek: Really! I didn't know that. It doesn't seem to fit... hmmmm

Reaching 75 in one day isn't bad as long as you don't spam and your posts are useful... to some degree.
    Starting with 10 i think is indicating your in positive rep and not on the border, so its not too easy to be demoted to a grey gem.
    Check your user CP to see if you have any.
    I hope what I'm doing doesn't class as spamming, it's not really useful though...but it's nice to be friendly.

I guess if you began on 0 all the newbies would fight amongst eachother and push eachother into the world of grey gems, it would be a warzone; I feel nice and secure with my 10 points. Oh and I found out how to check before you told me, by clicking everything I could find randomly, always the way.

I'm sorry, I have no idea why it was grey, should I ask a mod?

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure your rep should be work more...since our join/post counts are similar and at the last check I could give out about 6(ish)? [I have another account that I rep to see how much my rep is worth...so sad :rolleyes: ]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    I hope what I'm doing doesn't class as spamming, it's not really useful though...but it's nice to be friendly.

I guess if you began on 0 all the newbies would fight amongst eachother and push eachother into the world of grey gems, it would be a warzone; I feel nice and secure with my 10 points. Oh and I found out how to check before you told me, by clicking everything I could find randomly, always the way.
    Randomness is the answer
    I wouldn't say you are spamming at all so i wouldn't worry. *is still shocked about lack of rep giving ability*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    I'm sorry, I have no idea why it was grey, should I ask a mod?
    No don't worry lol. I am quite puzzled though.
    (Original post by LS.)
    I'm pretty sure your rep should be work more...since our join/post counts are similar and at the last check I could give out about 6(ish)? [I have another account that I rep to see how much my rep is worth...so sad ]
    I have 17 points. I'm very puzzled. Never mind The other account idea is quite a good idea

(Original post by LS.)
    I'm pretty sure your rep should be work more...since our join/post counts are similar and at the last check I could give out about 6(ish)? [I have another account that I rep to see how much my rep is worth...so sad :rolleyes: ]
    Feel free to use me to check your rep worth as well, as I've been deprived of some today.

I wouldn't say you are spamming at all so i wouldn't worry. *is still shocked about lack of rep giving ability*
    That's ok then, don't want to be known as another newbie spammer who should go away. Noneed to be shocked, there's probably a really simple reason that I've missed from the FAQ. I've asked somebody with a weird screename, something like "wiwarin_mir" though that may be spelt wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    Feel free to use me to check your rep worth as well, as I've been deprived of some today.

That's ok then, don't want to be known as another newbie spammer who should go away. Noneed to be shocked, there's probably a really simple reason that I've missed from the FAQ. I've asked somebody with a weird screename, something like "wiwarin_mir" though that may be spelt wrong.
    Lol! May not be the best way to gain rep if you call peoples screennames weird lol

Lol! May not be the best way to gain rep if you call peoples screennames weird lol
    Somebody just told me that people usually gain rep by asking for it, I was only joking earlier when I asked; to be honest I don't actually want rep if that's what you need to do to get it, I would rather help people and have no rep reward.

Oh and his screename is weird, hope he doesn't mind me saying so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    Somebody just told me that people usually gain rep by asking for it, I was only joking earlier when I asked; to be honest I don't actually want rep if that's what you need to do to get it, I would rather help people and have no rep reward.

Oh and his screename is weird, hope he doesn't mind me saying so.
    I tend to help people whenever i can, doesn't really result in any. I really don't care too much about rep as it is hardly a big deal, but i would like to give it out to people. I blame that time when someone neg repped me twice totally out of the blue (twice due to some fault when the forum format changed i think). Never mind though :rolleyes:

I tend to help people whenever i can, doesn't really result in any. I really don't care too much about rep as it is hardly a big deal, but i would like to give it out to people. I blame that time when someone neg repped me twice totally out of the blue (twice due to some fault when the forum format changed i think). Never mind though :rolleyes:
    Oh, that's really unfair, I'll rep you someday when I know it's worth something, that might take a few weeks though if even you don't have enough posts to rep! Well, I am doing well, look how many posts I have already. :eek:

Though really rep is only a game, and I wont go and take it too seriously...(that's not an invite for negative rep though.)

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.