Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    Cazorla was good even before arsenal...
    And you're saying Benteke wasn't? Villa wouldn't have paid the reported £7 million for him if he wasn't any good. And anyway its a matter of opinion if the player was good before or not.

ReputationRep:
    Nab Benteke. Transfer request will knock his price down to £12-15m I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    And you're saying Benteke wasn't? Villa wouldn't have paid the reported £7 million for him if he wasn't any good. And anyway its a matter of opinion if the player was good before or not.
    Cazorla was proven in a major league... Benteke wasn't... So effectively the only thing we have to judge benteke on is one season, which isn't enough when we're talking about who we want to replace van
    Persie. In our position, it just isn't worth the risk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    As much as I'd sort of like to see us get Benteke, I think he'd be an excellent fit for you, and I think that Arsene Wenger would get a lot out of him. Better than any of your current forwards, I think.

ReputationRep:
    Lets face it, we arent getting anyone of world class quality. Every year we expect the same out but nothing works out. Just like every year we are falling into a false illusion.

As much as I love wenger, im starting to lose faith.

Lack of protesting has ruined it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xamanus)
    Lets face it, we arent getting anyone of world class quality. Every year we expect the same out but nothing works out. Just like every year we are falling into a false illusion.

As much as I love wenger, im starting to lose faith.

Lack of protesting has ruined it.
    Eight days into the window and we still haven't signed a player? Ridiculous.

Ffs the relentless pessimism bums me out, how about we wait at least a couple more weeks before ruling the summer and the upcoming season a failure and calling for Wenger's head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    I don't think it would go that low really. Milner, Young and Downing left in similar circumstances for high amounts considering their contract situations (all ~£20m), and weren't as impressive as Benteke. Although to be fair they didn't put in transfer requests.

I think in reality it will reduce his asking price from a ridiculously high £25+ million to around £20 million...and it looks like Chelsea is his destination.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zubby77)

Ffs the relentless pessimism bums me out, how about we wait at least a couple more weeks before ruling the summer and the upcoming season a failure and calling for Wenger's head.
    This. If we still haven't signed anyone by the time all players have started pre season training (cazorla etc) in about 2 to 3 weeks, then I'll actually start to give a ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    Cazorla was proven in a major league... Benteke wasn't... So effectively the only thing we have to judge benteke on is one season, which isn't enough when we're talking about who we want to replace van
    Persie
    I don't really understand your logic.........but all I can say is that I didn't know of Cazorla until he joined Arsenal before that he was an unknown to me. So I could say the same and say I can only judge Cazorla for the one season...........Like I said its a matter of opinion but some of the top teams are after him so they must have seen something in him.

ReputationRep:
    If we can't get Higuain

We should go for Jordan Rhodes, a real goal scorer

Doesn't matter what league you came from, so long as you're a clinical finisher and are in a team that creates as many chances as Arsenal, you can score 30

Last season Giroud scored 17, yet if he scored his countless mises he could easily have gotten 30 doubt

If his name was, Jordi rhodinhio you guys would rate him

ReputationRep:
    I'm seeing silly reports saying Benteke would only be sold for 20-25M, if that is the case, no way.

Even at around 10M, I don't really want him, we should get Jovetic if we can.

ReputationRep:

Just like every year right? Last week we may or may not sign,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    The cost of a player is a function of two parameters, namely the transfer fee and the wages.

Assuming his wages are around £100k a week, he would have roughly the same annualised cost as a player like Gervinho. Who I consider a backup.
    Yeah, but Gerv is a flop and tbh, signing Villa wil equate to another flop. He is so bad, I'd have Torress over him.

But my point is in reality, you wouldn't pay a squad member 100k/ week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niceguy95)
    If we can't get Higuain

Doesn't matter what league you came from, so long as you're a clinical finisher and are in a team that creates as many chances as Arsenal, you can score 30

Last season Giroud scored 17, yet if he scored his countless mises he could easily have gotten 30 doubt

Init though. We should've signed Dwight Gayle before Palace signed him. He's got that Arsenal DNA as well.

/sarcasm

Sounds like you just read this article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...a-history.html

ReputationRep:
    I laughed for a solid 10 mins at this ffs. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niceguy95)
    If we can't get Higuain

I hope this is a troll...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamiesonn)
    I hope this is a troll...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So someone with a different opinion is troll? Ok bud

Explain why you wouldn't want Rhodes at arsenal.

ReputationRep:

you've just signed football manager 2012 wonderkid sanogo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Init though. We should've signed Dwight Gayle before Palace signed him. He's got that Arsenal DNA as well.

/sarcasm

Sounds like you just read this article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...a-history.html
    Nah bud I've always rated Rhodes, not a bandwagoner

If he wasn't Scottish you would say jack ****, I bet you think yaya is a better striker right

ReputationRep:
    Samuel ‏@samuelj29060 17s

BREAKING: AS: Arsenal have increased their offer for Gonzalo Higuain to £25.8m (€30m) & hope to finalise the deal on Friday #AFC

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.