Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mango93)
    I have! For Secondary English! What about you? I accepted mine nearly three weeks ago but the myApplication system still hasn't updated (although UCAS has) Have you had this problem?

Think I've finally decided on King's today I got an offer for Bristol too, loved both places so been a difficult decision! Will let you know if I have the same problem as you on myapplication.

Wondering whether to make a Facebook group (unless there is already one I just can't find it??) so we can get in touch with others before starting? Will also be needing to find somewhere to live and would prefer to live with others with a similar workload!

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview in 2 days and I am literally feeling sick with worry Can't wait for it to all be over!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy Williams)
    I have an interview in 2 days and I am literally feeling sick with worry Can't wait for it to all be over!
    Me too :/. Have 2 a day after each other actually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy Williams)
    I am so with you on this lol, in exactly the same situ..

ReputationRep:
    Should I apply for student finance now I have confirmed my place?

Also does anyone know if you can change it? The reason I ask is I am predicted a first, so if I get that I'll get enough grant to not get maintenece loans but I don't want to risk it if I get a 2:1.

ReputationRep:
    A little advice please!

I have an interview this afternoon but I'm not sure whether to go (I was told about it on Friday). I already have an offer I prefer over this choice so if this interview goes well I'll most likely decline it. Because of this, it seems silly to put myself through the stress of another interview. Plus I have one on Tuesday too.

Then I think it's not fair to cancel one the day... but I was only contacted about an interview one working day ago. And it's always good to have interview experience....

I don't know! Hopefully someone will reply before 9am (which is when I will ring if I do cancel).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by znh)
    A little advice please!

I have an interview this afternoon but I'm not sure whether to go (I was told about it on Friday). I already have an offer I prefer over this choice so if this interview goes well I'll most likely decline it. Because of this, it seems silly to put myself through the stress of another interview. Plus I have one on Tuesday too.

Then I think it's not fair to cancel one the day... but I was only contacted about an interview one working day ago. And it's always good to have interview experience....

I don't know! Hopefully someone will reply before 9am (which is when I will ring if I do cancel).
    I did this, I withdrew from a choice the evening before the interview and sent them an email... They didn't reply to it but I guess they won't be bothered as they will never see you again haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by znh)
    A little advice please!

I was in a similar position, but wen anyway. I reasoned that I might be surprised by the universities at interview, so should go anyway. If you know you already have an offer for somewhere you'd like to go, then another interview shouldn't be stressful, surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by znh)
    A little advice please!

I was in this situation and didn't go. I rang them up and they withdrew me. I just didn't see the point because I knew I wouldn't put my all into it, yet I was still stressed out about it for some unknown reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was just wondering if anyone is still waiting to hear back from Edinburgh or Strathclyde for secondary PGDE? I'm waiting to hear from both of them still, it's stressing me out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    Should I apply for student finance now I have confirmed my place?

Also does anyone know if you can change it? The reason I ask is I am predicted a first, so if I get that I'll get enough grant to not get maintenece loans but I don't want to risk it if I get a 2:1.
    Hi,

I applied yesterday online and when it comes to 'will you have any other income?' it specifically says underneath - do not include grants, loans, bursaries etc from university/government.

So doesn't matter either way.

Cindy

ReputationRep:
    I've been offered a place at Newcastle, Northumbria and Sunderland. Really can't decide between Newcastle and Northumbria! Anyone got any thoughts?? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm torn between my head and my heart. Do I choose a uni that I love and has been my number one since I started looking, despite a longer commute (Derby), or a uni that is closer but I didn't like quite as much (Trent)? I am leaning towards my heart but not entirely sure what would be the right decision!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    I'm torn between my head and my heart. Do I choose a uni that I love and has been my number one since I started looking, despite a longer commute (Derby), or a uni that is closer but I didn't like quite as much (Trent)? I am leaning towards my heart but not entirely sure what would be the right decision!
    Remember you need to want to get up everyday and go! You may not feel that way with Trent. How much time difference is there between both? 15/20 mins I would go with your heart, 30/40 mins maybe go with your head. Also are you going by train or car?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by womanonamission)
    Remember you need to want to get up everyday and go! You may not feel that way with Trent. How much time difference is there between both? 15/20 mins I would go with your heart, 30/40 mins maybe go with your head. Also are you going by train or car?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It will be bus or train. When I have done the journeys by bus there has been a 20 to 30 min difference, depending on traffic. Obviously train would be a bit quicker though slightly more expensive for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kittykebab)
    Hi,

I applied yesterday online and when it comes to 'will you have any other income?' it specifically says underneath - do not include grants, loans, bursaries etc from university/government.

So doesn't matter either way.

Cindy
    Ok thanks,

Does anyone know if I have to do a totally new application or can I do it off the one I already have for my undergraduate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    Oooooo have you received an offer from trent!?!

ReputationRep:
    What is the largest challenge in which primary school teachers are facing at present?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    Oooooo have you received an offer from trent!?!
    Yeah. They emailed me but it hasn't gone up on track yet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    Ok thanks,

Does anyone know if I have to do a totally new application or can I do it off the one I already have for my undergraduate?
    Hi,

You have to use the same ID number etc as your previous student loan as it all needs to link up. But the application itself is a new one.

Cnndy

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.