Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it obligatory to have my personal tutor as my referee when I apply for VS? Could I ask one of my module tutors instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ratach)
    Is it obligatory to have my personal tutor as my referee when I apply for VS? Could I ask one of my module tutors instead?
    You can, I think it's just an 'academic reference'.

ReputationRep:
    still nothing from HD about the summer vac schemes? what could they possibly still be waiting for?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from Eversheds London today?

ReputationRep:
    Weightmans - "technical problems" with the online assessments....

ReputationRep:
    SGH Martineau mini vac scheme offer

ReputationRep:
    Guessing I'll have to wait till Tuesday to hear back now... The wait is depressing me :/

ReputationRep:
    SGH Martineau vac scheme offer

ReputationRep:
    On the background checks that people have had: did they call up all your past employers?

Im ok with recent work but have some work I did at a small firm a while a go listed on my app and the people I knew there have now left...

Not sure how to confirm I was there

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry if this is becoming annoying, but has anyone heard from Cooley yesterday? I haven't received anything and I'm thinking about sending them an email... so frustrating!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ang21)
    I'm sorry if this is becoming annoying, but has anyone heard from Cooley yesterday? I haven't received anything and I'm thinking about sending them an email... so frustrating!
    I still haven't heard anything from them :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benm182)
    On the background checks that people have had: did they call up all your past employers?

Im ok with recent work but have some work I did at a small firm a while a go listed on my app and the people I knew there have now left...

Not sure how to confirm I was there

They should have records of you being there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ang21)
    I haven't heard anything! I feel like a phone call may be most appropriate because we will get a quicker response! I wonder if they are there today because of easter? 😪😪😪 I just want to know my fate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student652)
    I haven't heard anything! I feel like a phone call may be most appropriate because we will get a quicker response! I wonder if they are there today because of easter? ����������
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.