Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Yup I agree. Attacking wise we don't have a problem in midfield. We need someone to partner Ramsey, and we need another CB. Flamini & Arteta will single handedly loose us a few games this season - because they'll fail to break down counters etc.

We need a huge ****ing anchor in the middle who screams NOT TOOOODAAAYY and breaks moves up. Someone pacey and frikking hench.

Here's what we need (in order of priority)

CDM
    CB
    ST

CDM & CB should be garunteed - a striker would be just orgasmic
    Essentially we need to clone Gilberto.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JjangJack)
    that was the turn around of the century but seriously Arsenal stop doing it last minute
    Not even one of the best Arsenal turn arounds of the century. 3-2 vs Hull, 7-5 vs Reading (best game ever).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Yup I agree. Attacking wise we don't have a problem in midfield. We need someone to partner Ramsey, and we need another CB. Flamini & Arteta will single handedly loose us a few games this season - because they'll fail to break down counters etc.

We need a huge ****ing anchor in the middle who screams NOT TOOOODAAAYY and breaks moves up. Someone pacey and frikking hench.

CDM
    CB
    ST

You got that ALL wrong!!

We need a ST, goals win games. Lpool had a dog****e defence last season but that didn't matter because they would usually out score the opposition.
    Having a better DM may stop us from getting slapped away from home and getting a point, but having a ST will help us get the 3. But it shouldn't be a matter of which one, because we need both!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Essentially we need to clone Gilberto.
    Precisely - with someone like him, we'll defo avoid these beatings by the top 3

ReputationRep:
    We could have the brazil team of 1970, the invincibles and the 2008 barca side rolled into one and turn up at the bridge and still wouldn't get anything. We're cursed.

Let's be cereal here the Invincibles would have absolutely mauled Everton today :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Let's be cereal here the Invincibles would have absolutely mauled Everton today :lol:
    I was talking about Chelsea...
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)

CDM
    CB
    ST

Hench? How about dench? Our new motto could've been:

YOU DON'T WANNA GET FRIMPONGED.

Srs answer though, apparently we might be buying Song back.

ReputationRep:
    I was talking about Chelsea...

Even then I'd think they'd be capable of getting a result.

We were absolute tanks back then, think Vierra would have given Matic a run for his money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    You got that ALL wrong!!

We need a ST, goals win games. Lpool had a dogs hire defence last season but that didn't matter because they would usually out score the opposition.
    Having a better DM may stop us from getting slapped away from home and getting a point, but having a ST will help us get the 3. But it shouldn't be a matter of which one, because we need both!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To be fair though, if we didn't get whooped away from home as much as we did, and even got a draw out of them we would have been in the race for the title because it would mean city Chelsea & Liverpool would be two points lower too.

I do think CDM is more of a priority because we are capable of grinding out wins.. Just not capable of avoiding a beating.

Though, that doesn't mean we don't need a striker lol, but if I could choose between a CDM and a striker at the moment (given the upcoming return of Walcott and Sanchez's acclimatisation) I'd go for a CDM.. I think you would too :O

ReputationRep:
    Essentially, what we need to do is match what Chelsea did in the transfer window (except swap Fabregas for Matic)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Even then I'd think they'd be capable of getting a result.

We were absolute tanks back then, think Vierra would have given Matic a run for his money
    My point was about us being cursed, ability wise the invincibles are a million times better than chelsea.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    To be fair though, if we didn't get whooped away from home as much as we did, and even got a draw out of them we would have been in the race for the title because it would mean city Chelsea & Liverpool would be two points lower too.

I do think CDM is more of a priority because we are capable of grinding out wins.. Just not capable of avoiding a beating.

Though, that doesn't mean we don't need a striker lol, but if I could choose between a CDM and a striker at the moment (given the upcoming return of Walcott and Sanchez's acclimatisation) I'd go for a CDM.. I think you would too :O
    Why not both? I don't see why we can't sign top quality players in both positions (as long as we beat Besiktas).

Also, now that Giroud is injured again, we definitely need a striker. I am NOT relying on Yaya Sanogo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenAssirati)
    Hench? How about dench? Our new motto could've been:

YOU DON'T WANNA GET FRIMPONGED.

Srs answer though, apparently we might be buying Song back.
    LOL poor guy is really on the downfall now isn't he?

Nah **** Song. I don't like him.

Though if he didn't leave he would have been useful as ****.. The season he left he was arguably our most valuable player (behind RVP)

ReputationRep:
    Why not both? I don't see why we can't sign top quality players in both positions (as long as we beat Besiktas).

Also, now that Giroud is injured again, we definitely need a striker. I am NOT relying on Yaya Sanogo.
    Injured again? Pretty sure that's his first injury for Arsenal.

Not good news though Sanchez needs work if he is to play up top.

ReputationRep:
    Sanogo is prob of similar quality to Park yet is being given more of a chance. Bloody Wenger.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Webster2002)
    Sanogo is prob of similar quality to Park yet is being given more of a chance. Bloody Wenger.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sanogo wasn't even on bench today

ReputationRep:

Oh nah I was just speaking in terms of priority. A CDM is needed more adm..

I hope Giroud is out for 8 weeks.. I think next Wednesday is gonna have a huge say on what we do for the remainder of the transfer window.

Also, now I realise why Wenger hasn't been playing Campbell. Man was absolutely woeful when he came on today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    He's injured I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    He's injured. Thankfully.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How was Song for us a few years ago? I didn't really watch much football back then apart from our CL games :s

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.