Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tough2)
    So does the Notts let's you apply again after the interview?
    You get a max of 2 interviews

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja_R)
    I know it's a tad early but who is applying for 2017 entry?
    I'm applying there's a thread for GEP 2017 here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post64121145

ReputationRep:
    So does the Notts let's you apply again after the interview?
    As Mr Men said, they allow you to be interviewed twice at the most. Which I think is fair enough because if you know the process from a previous year then you have an advantage over everyone else! Also, my GAMSAT was 60; I only just noticed that you asked that. So I'm planning on redoing the GAMSAT if I don't get in via the waiting list because I feel I may have been pulled through the interview process and got an offer if I had a higher score. I'm also very borderline anyway and the GAMSAT boundaries could go up next year - this year it was 60 for an interview with a 2:1 so I barely got one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rich_JW95)
    As Mr Men said, they allow you to be interviewed twice at the most. Which I think is fair enough because if you know the process from a previous year then you have an advantage over everyone else! Also, my GAMSAT was 60; I only just noticed that you asked that. So I'm planning on redoing the GAMSAT if I don't get in via the waiting list because I feel I may have been pulled through the interview process and got an offer if I had a higher score. I'm also very borderline anyway and the GAMSAT boundaries could go up next year - this year it was 60 for an interview with a 2:1 so I barely got one.
    I thought it was only once for interview but glad to know there is second chance, u did well making the cutt off marks n interview too cuz they could've rejected it but I suppose if somebody has masters or higher gamsat then it would've helped, I hope u get this year but what's the last date to confirm whether u are in or not?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was only once for interview but glad to know there is second chance, u did well making the cutt off marks n interview too cuz they could've rejected it but I suppose if somebody has masters or higher gamsat then it would've helped, I hope u get this year but what's the last date to confirm whether u are in or not?
    As far as I'm aware it could be any time from now until September... It depends on where I am on the waiting list though - I should find out my position in May, or so I've heard, so if I'm quite high up I shall be hopeful for a place but if I'm towards the lower end then I'll continue with my 2017 application.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I'm aware it could be any time from now until September... It depends on where I am on the waiting list though - I should find out my position in May, or so I've heard, so if I'm quite high up I shall be hopeful for a place but if I'm towards the lower end then I'll continue with my 2017 application.
    You are making a wise decision of preparing for test again cuz there is no point waiting too late and then starting... So which sections do you find your strong point, like section 1,2 or 3? I took test in March but I think I have to do it again in September and I need to focus on improving my reasoning in s1 and 2!

ReputationRep:
    You are making a wise decision of preparing for test again cuz there is no point waiting too late and then starting... So which sections do you find your strong point, like section 1,2 or 3? I took test in March but I think I have to do it again in September and I need to focus on improving my reasoning in s1 and 2!
    Exactly! Section 3 is definitely my strongest - I think that's the case for most people who are science graduates especially. The others weren't terrible but could be better, you need to be good at reading quickly and writing a good essay under timed conditions - all you can do is practice.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly! Section 3 is definitely my strongest - I think that's the case for most people who are science graduates especially. The others weren't terrible but could be better, you need to be good at reading quickly and writing a good essay under timed conditions - all you can do is practice.
    True but I felt in the exam its more to do with reasoning than knowledge, was that the same for you?

ReputationRep:
    True but I felt in the exam its more to do with reasoning than knowledge, was that the same for you?
    Definitely need good reasoning, yeah, but I found a problem I had in particular was managing to read and process everything from all of the questions in section 1 in particular, so I was very pushed for time which is why I think you need to be good at reading quickly.

ReputationRep:
    So I've got my letter from student finance and it says I will be receiving £11945 in maintenance loan. I knew I would be receiving the maximum but I thought it was nearer £10 000. I'm worried they have over estimated and that I will have to pay some back. Does anyone know?!

Edit: I'll be studying in London.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scitea)
    So I've got my letter from student finance and it says I will be receiving £11945 in maintenance loan. I knew I would be receiving the maximum but I thought it was nearer £10 000. I'm worried they have over estimated and that I will have to pay some back. Does anyone know?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow, that's a lot. I'd definitely call and ask for the GEM team and confirm it's right, but they tend to be pretty good these days. If you've given all info regarding yourself (+parents if not independent) then I'm sure it'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJK91)
    Wow, that's a lot. I'd definitely call and ask for the GEM team and confirm it's right, but they tend to be pretty good these days. If you've given all info regarding yourself (+parents if not independent) then I'm sure it'll be fine.
    Yeah I will do thanks. I'm independent and not living with my boyfriend so should be straightforward. Would be a nice surprise of its right!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Definitely need good reasoning, yeah, but I found a problem I had in particular was managing to read and process everything from all of the questions in section 1 in particular, so I was very pushed for time which is why I think you need to be good at reading quickly.
    Yeah quick reading is definetly a required skill and from what I have read the only way to improve is wide reading but I'm not sure exactly how much time I should dedicate everyday,

ReputationRep:

Edit: I'll be studying in London.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is that per year or for your entire course?

ReputationRep:
    Is that per year or for your entire course?
    For first year. It seems too much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For first year. It seems too much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The maximum outside of London is about £8,200 so that probably is about right, but check with Student Finance if you want to make sure

ReputationRep:
    I can't tell if I'm being really dim here, but SF have not asked me to give my financial info. Applied online yesterday, and am now filling out a form for current financial year assessment. Where it asks if I've given my financial details I realise that actually I haven't. Do I take it for granted they already know my financial details since I'm already paying back a loan?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, just a quick question about SF! Did you say you were eligible to receive an NHS bursary? I'm not sure if we are but when I put in that I was I only got like £2500 in maintenance loan? Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13yilde)
    Hi guys, just a quick question about SF! Did you say you were eligible to receive an NHS bursary? I'm not sure if we are but when I put in that I was I only got like £2500 in maintenance loan? Thanks in advance
    You aren't eligible for NHS bursary until your second year and since SF is a year by year thing you need to put no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Men)
    You aren't eligible for NHS bursary until your second year and since SF is a year by year thing you need to put no
    Thank you so much!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.