Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Need help with a Genetics question for a Biology exam tomorrow, please answer ASAP its really urgent!!! Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1452551404.265634.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  73.3 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    put the f214 2015 mark scheme up please

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have the f214 june 2015 paper or MS?

ReputationRep:
    i have a quick question

ReputationRep:
    have any of you guys done the igcse biology exam in 2015
    ?

ReputationRep:
    if you have was your exam in may ? if it was in may was your paper b in may ?

ReputationRep:
    F214
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    F215

Here is the link back to the unofficial mark scheme, took it down so people wouldn't cheat in mocks. Its only a guideline we wrote at the time.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    'NilaJ'
    love youu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NilaJ)
    F214
    F215

Here is the link back to the unofficial mark scheme, took it down so people wouldn't cheat in mocks. Its only a guideline we wrote at the time.

Thank you
    (Original post by fxck you)
    'NilaJ'
    love youu
    I freaking love you tooo xD

ReputationRep:
    How did You revise????

ReputationRep:
    Hope you're finding things okay, I'm at uni now doing biological sciences work hard!

ReputationRep:
    Doing past papers and revise using mark schemes! Plus i found CGP revision guide very useful... Ended up with an A (85% overall) at A2 after scraping a B at AS

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spyrogyra)
    Doing past papers and revise using mark schemes! Plus i found CGP revision guide very useful... Ended up with an A (85% overall) at A2 after scraping a B at AS

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hey did you use the green gcp book or the blue revision gcp guide?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fatuma-97)
    hey did you use the green gcp book or the blue revision gcp guide?
    Revision guide

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey There is a whatsapp group based on revision for Biology There about 25 A2 students in which we all help each other and you can send your questions there. If you are interested reply with your number so that I can add you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    anyone got a copy of the f214 paper?

ReputationRep:
    I feel like even when I know my theory, I still flop when it comes to answering past paper questions. I don’t know how to improve my exam technique. I'm making the same mistakes over and over again regardless of how well I know the topic,
    • writing way too much
    • not answering the question being asked (sounds silly but I don’t realise until it’s pointed out that my answer is going off on a completely different tangent than what is being asked)
    • flopping suggest questions
    Irrespective of the topic being tested, I always make the same type of mistakes and idk how to avoid them. If I write less, I'm not adding enough detail and if I add detail, it's too much detail and I have less time on other questions. For example, if it’s a 4 mark question and I’m given 5 lines, I'll write 10 lines full of detail and will still only get 2-3 marks.

Is there a particular structure to follow with each style of question? What can I do to improve my exam technique OTHER than past papers - I feel like I only make progress on that question, e.g. if it’s a question on photosynthesis and I flop, I will only know how to answer that same question in the future rather than holistically improve exam technique - if that makes any sense??

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have copy of the 2015 papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 96akhan)
    I feel like even when I know my theory, I still flop when it comes to answering past paper questions. I don’t know how to improve my exam technique. I'm making the same mistakes over and over again regardless of how well I know the topic,
    • writing way too much
    • not answering the question being asked (sounds silly but I don’t realise until it’s pointed out that my answer is going off on a completely different tangent than what is being asked)
    • flopping suggest questions
    Irrespective of the topic being tested, I always make the same type of mistakes and idk how to avoid them. If I write less, I'm not adding enough detail and if I add detail, it's too much detail and I have less time on other questions. For example, if it’s a 4 mark question and I’m given 5 lines, I'll write 10 lines full of detail and will still only get 2-3 marks.

Is there a particular structure to follow with each style of question? What can I do to improve my exam technique OTHER than past papers - I feel like I only make progress on that question, e.g. if it’s a question on photosynthesis and I flop, I will only know how to answer that same question in the future rather than holistically improve exam technique - if that makes any sense??
    Lots of people I know wrote loads and don't always get full marks. What I do is highlight any bits in the question which is useful. Then bullet point my answer. I'm still answering the question but not waffling.

ReputationRep:
    ANYONE have the f214 or f215 2015 Question papers??? WOULD be GREATLY appreciated ALSO resitting the F211 AS paper so need the may 2015 paper!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.