Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate England Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    KO is 1.15pm tomorrow, it's on ITV as usual.
    Has the team for tomorrow been announced already then :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...10/8712673.stm

ReputationRep:
    I hope that isn't par for the course during the actual tournament :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    I hope that isn't par for the course during the actual tournament
    It's only a friendly you scrote

ReputationRep:
    No Parker = :facepalm2:

From what I remember from his Chelsea days his tackling might not go down too well during the World Cup but then Capello made a last minute attempt to get Scholes, who cannot tackle full stop anyway. I'd have kept him at Chelsea tbh. :redface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    It's only a friendly you scrote
    It is the last friendly ffs man up and deal with it you whiney graduate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    No Parker =

From what I remember from his Chelsea days his tackling might not go down too well during the World Cup but then Capello made a last minute attempt to get Scholes, who cannot tackle full stop anyway. I'd have kept him at Chelsea tbh.
    With Barry questionable and the form Parker showed in single handedly keeping West Ham afloat he should definitely be considered as an alternative. Why even include him in the 30 to just let him sit on the bench in the warm-ups ffs

ReputationRep:
    Watch Huddlestone get a hattrick tbh. And then Walcott slip over in his own pace and crack a toe.

ReputationRep:
    Why is Scott Parker still not being given a chance :facepalm2:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    No Parker = :facepalm2:
    the form Parker showed in single handedly keeping West Ham afloat he should definitely be considered as an alternative. Why even include him in the 30 to just let him sit on the bench in the warm-ups ffs
    Apparently, with Hargreaves fit, Owen outranks Scott on the 'who to call up' list regardless of form MIRITE Kevmeister? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    gerrard: he's not even the fifth best midfielder in a deep position, second best to lampard in an attacking role, and doesn't have the discipline to play wide. bench

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by made_of_fail)
    gerrard: he's not even the fifth best midfielder in a deep position, second best to lampard in an attacking role, and doesn't have the discipline to play wide. bench
    Lampard played pretty poorly in the support role this season and it was only when he was moved deeper that his performances perked up again.

Gerrard has had a poor season in a poor team but was fantastic for two season in that position. I would like to see the 3 others you believe to be better than Gerrard at playing behind the striker (which would obviously be Rooney).

ReputationRep:
    i only claimed lampard was better behind the striker. obviously there's still a role for gerrard in the squad.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a little surprised Adam Johnson isn't starting... Capello keeps hinting he'll make the final squad because he's been really impressive in training, so why not give him 90 minutes so we can see how he does in an actual match rather than training.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V1NY)
    I'm a little surprised Adam Johnson isn't starting... Capello keeps hinting he'll make the final squad because he's been really impressive in training, so why not give him 90 minutes so we can see how he does in an actual match rather than training.
    He can't last 90 minutes. His stamina is good for an hour, though

ReputationRep:
    More importantly it's the final of the U17 Euro Championships today. Spain vs England. 4.30 eurosport 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Apparently, with Hargreaves fit, Owen outranks Scott on the 'who to call up' list regardless of form MIRITE Kevmeister?
    And if Parker was still playing for Chelsea and had about half of the playing time he has at Chelsea compared to West Ham, he'd be considered straight away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    He can't last 90 minutes. His stamina is good for an hour, though
    Really? Sorry if I'm acting ignorant, but if he can't last 90 why should he make the final 23? Can our other wingers last the whole 90?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V1NY)
    Really? Sorry if I'm acting ignorant, but if he can't last 90 why should he make the final 23? Can our other wingers last the whole 90?
    Impact sub. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Impact sub. :yes:
    I was thinking the same as soon as I posted that... He's our only left footed player who can play on the wing, so he should go.

ReputationRep:
    Why is Walcott getting another chance? How many crap games does he need to have before Capello decides to try someone else?

And I really hope Barry makes the WC squad, we are majorly weakened if he's not playing.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.