• View Poll Results: Favourite Doctor?
    Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

(Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    A few things are bothering me, as well...
    • Prisoner Zero knew the Doctor was a time lord
    • What did the Doctor want Amy to remember?
    • From whom does River learn to fly the Tardis? The Moff is clever when it comes to timey-wimey, so the Doctor learnt about how to fly it properly from River, who could then in turn learn from him (think Time Crash). But, she said she "learned from the best - shame (the Doctor was) away that day!" Now, she could just be teasing, but if she isn't, who else could fly a Tardis? Did she learn from herself?
    *Did he? I don't remember that but I'll rewatch it later.
    *No one seems to know what he told Amy. It could be "I hate apples", "Beans are evil". I'm joking but I don't know but I think we haven't seen that part yet, but I do know that:

Spoiler:
    Show
    The young Amelia appears later on/in the finale so maybe he tells her then.

*I'm confused. How could she learn from herself? I don't think she's teasing because he obviously didn't know how to land it properly and she actually thought him that. I don't know why but for some reason I think she either learns from Amy or Jack. Although I have no idea if Jack appears in this series.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    *No one seems to know what he told Amy. It could be "I hate apples", "Beans are evil". I'm joking but I don't know but I think we haven't seen that part yet, but I do know that:

Spoiler:
    Show

*I'm confused. How could she learn from herself? I don't think she's teasing because he obviously didn't know how to land it properly and she actually thought him that. I don't know why but for some reason I think she either learns from Amy or Jack. Although I have no idea if Jack appears in this series.
    Didn't Moffat say there would be no returns from any of the RTD characters?

I don't see how Jack could teach anyone how to fly the TARDIS though...

Spoiler:
    Show
    Perhaps River is a Time Lord/Lady

(Original post by meskell)
    Didn't Moffat say there would be no returns from any of the RTD characters?

I don't see how Jack could teach anyone how to fly the TARDIS though...

Spoiler:
    Show
    Perhaps River is a Time Lord/Lady
    I wasn't aware he said that.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Isn't the doctor meant to be the last of the time lords?

Regarding the cracks, does anyone have any theories? I was thinking that if it was caused by pieces of time and space that should never have met could that somehow signify Rory and Amy's marriage seeing as it does happen on that day? So they aren't meant to get married or something?

Also, when River says she killed the best man she ever knew, it seems too obvious for it to be the doctor so I'm thinking it's either the best man to her so her dad or the best man at a wedding or something or she kills Rory who happens to be her dad (don't ask how) or she kills the doctor but only because he tells her to.

If I spent as much time on revising as I did on thinking up theories, I would probably pass these exams.

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

Regarding the cracks, does anyone have any theories? I was thinking that if it was caused by pieces of time and space that should never have met could that somehow signify Rory and Amy's marriage seeing as it does happen on that day? So they aren't meant to get married or something?

Also, when River says she killed the best man she ever knew, it seems too obvious for it to be the doctor so I'm thinking it's either the best man to her so her dad or the best man at a wedding or something or she kills Rory who happens to be her dad (don't ask how) or she kills the doctor but only because he tells her to.

If I spent as much time on revising as I did on thinking up theories, I would probably pass these exams.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Despite him constantly saying he is the last of the Time Lords, the Master seemed to say the opposite :p:

Your second paragraph seems like one of the most likely answers to the theory tbh but I am just annoyed at another storyline based around such a similar concept to the last series.

I do believe she kills the Doctor, but as you said perhaps because he told her to.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show
    Do you think that the event where River kills a man will be in the season finale, as we know she's already lived it, and therefore could've been put in "jail" for it already? :holmes:

(Original post by secretmessages)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Do you think that the event where River kills a man will be in the season finale, as we know she's already lived it, and therefore could've been put in "jail" for it already? :holmes:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I have no idea. It probably won't but I think the finale happens before the weeping angels episode so we might find out. But I do know that the Doctor, River and Amy are in stonehenge and there are pics of the young Amelia in a place that looks like a museum with a woman who is possibly her mum/aunt.

ReputationRep:
    My theory, quite different to anything suggested here, thus far:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    She's the Rani and learnt from another Timelord - wasn't the Master meant to be a better TARDIS pilot or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elli_emc)
    My theory, quite different to anything suggested here, thus far:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    She's the Rani and learnt from another Timelord - wasn't the Master meant to be a better TARDIS pilot or something?
    It has been suggested before on here

In fact:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    it is even said on here and elsewhere it's becoming an ongoing joke that any female character in Dr Who is the Rani

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    It has been suggested before on here

In fact:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    it is even said on here and elsewhere it's becoming an ongoing joke that any female character in Dr Who is the Rani
    Aye, you're right, both times by me(1 and 2), but in the context of the learning to operate the TARDIS, it hadn't... I was just pointing out that I was adding something new before people clicked on the spoiler, not that it's definite at all, but y'know... :rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

Regarding your spoiler
    It's possible he tells Amelia later on. After all, we pretty much know that we saw a future Doctor in Flesh and Stone, unless it was a huge production balls up, so maybe he tells her something in his future.

And, it doesn't matter that the Doctor didn't know how to land it properly. He does now. So he can, in his future, and River's past, now teach River. I linked back to Time Crash to try and help clarify what I meant by this.

And the point about River teaching herself wasn't exactly serious, but, if she was to meet a future version of herself, her future self could tell her what she needed to know.

ReputationRep:
    The Doctor not knowing how to fly the Tardis is one of the best things about him :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Lets think this through, the Doctor has had the TARDIS at least 750 years....so thats 750 years of flying it wrongly....not to be pedantic but i'm sure someone would've noticed by now and corrected him on it.

Back to River, she graffiti'd the Home Box in Ancient High Gallifreyan, something people have missed so far (unless i missed somewhere) which does imply her being a Time Lady. The Doctor has the "I'd just know" thing going on so we can probably discount her being the Rani, Inquisitor et al. With the language being all but extinct it must have taken a Time Lord to teach her, and as she isn't a time traveller the only logical route left to take is;

Spoiler:
    Show
    The Valeyard is returning.

ReputationRep:
    I did mention that she had written in High Gallifreyan in the Time of Angels thread. But she is an Archaeologist (she's a Doctor right now, but will become a professor in the future) so that could explain her being able to write in High Gallifreyan. She might only be able to write "Hello Sweetie" though XD
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Right, have got very very behind with Dr. Who recently...just dove straight into episode 5 of the new series and going to watch them in reverse order, although it looked very pretty can't say I was overly impressed with episode 5 (not an amy fan...and half the episode seemed to be her, hesitating)...but it looks like things could get very interesting in future, looking forward to episode 6

edit: Ah now River I like

ReputationRep:
    Why would you watch it backwards? Of course you're not going to like Amy if you don't go through the character development in the right order :|

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mist786)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    definitely not much of a spoiler when the link doesn't work

I am so excited about tomorrows episode. Vampires and Venice are two of my favourite things :pinch:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    definitely not much of a spoiler when the link doesn't work

I am so excited about tomorrows episode. Vampires and Venice are two of my favourite things :pinch:
    The link was removed :erm:

ReputationRep:
    keeps coming up with Error 404: Not Found :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    keeps coming up with Error 404: Not Found :dontknow:
    It worked for me before.. isnt working now

Spoiler:
    Show
    It was about the Doctors marital status. An interview with Matt Smith and Karan Gillian and Matt says that nothing can happen with him and the companian and something about River might being his wife

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.