Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
Bangers+Mash
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
I went to bed at about half 2... Which is late, but my seminar was at 1, so I didn't have to get up until half 11/12 which is over the 8 hours sleep I aim for. I've always had issues with getting up, but this just takes the biscuit. How is it I can get up for a 9am lecture but not for a 1pm?!
Yea, my sleep problems really frustrate me because I really don't want to be missing college stuff. God help me if I'm at uni next year
When do you finish for christmas, I guess at least you have a bit of time off soon. It may be different next year. (I hope so anyway)
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bangers+Mash)
Yea, my sleep problems really frustrate me because I really don't want to be missing college stuff. God help me if I'm at uni next year
When do you finish for christmas, I guess at least you have a bit of time off soon. It may be different next year. (I hope so anyway)
I've been like this for years, longer than I can remember so it probably won't change anytime soon! When I was 16 my mum took me to the dr and they did loads of blood tests to see if it was a physical thing, which it wasn't. Guess I'm just lazy... I finish on Friday but I've got ********* of work to do before then... Should be doing it now but really not feeling it.

I even had three alarms set this morning, got up and turned the one on the other side of my room off, went to the toilet - went back to bed. :shifty:
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've been like this for years, longer than I can remember so it probably won't change anytime soon! When I was 16 my mum took me to the dr and they did loads of blood tests to see if it was a physical thing, which it wasn't. Guess I'm just lazy... I finish on Friday but I've got ********* of work to do before then... Should be doing it now but really not feeling it.

I even had three alarms set this morning, got up and turned the one on the other side of my room off, went to the toilet - went back to bed. :shifty:
haha, I accidently set my alarm one hour too early, so it went off at 5AM...so that was that, I didn't get up.

I had a blood tests not so long ago lol!, and the results were normal. so you are not the only one who is lazy.
:hugs: Just try get down to some work then, I'm in the habbit of missing college and then not working at home. So im going to (try) finish my coursework today, It's too easy, time consuming and boring, so i'll see how long I last before im back on TSR.
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
haha, I accidently set my alarm one hour too early, so it went off at 5AM...so that was that, I didn't get up.

I had a blood tests not so long ago lol!, and the results were normal. so you are not the only one who is lazy.
:hugs: Just try get down to some work then, I'm in the habbit of missing college and then not working at home. So im going to (try) finish my coursework today, It's too easy, time consuming and boring, so i'll see how long I last before im back on TSR.
I'm gonna try either to write my essay or do my Japanese work. Which reminds me, I have a Japanese oral tomorrow that I haven't written out in Japanese yet.
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
Mum received a load of paperwork this morning. She has a procedure to look forward to in Jan :sigh:. I don't know what this will show. I guess it's just something else that will help them to see whether or not the cancer has spread.

There's a 'party' at the hospital my Nan is at on Wednesday; it should be interesting. The patients aren't quite with it. It will be nice to see Nan but it won't be nice to see her in that environment at Christmas. This will be the first Christmas that she doesn't spend with us at home. And it will be the first Boxing Day we don't spend with her. I know I'm going to see my nephew, but it's still really sad that Nan will never be like she used to be .

I feel quite low and drab. It doesn't feel like Christmas. I haven't done any shopping, because I don't have the motivation. I think it will have to be internet shopping this year. I was hoping to potter around York. Never mind, it's almost 2009. I was hoping I wouldn't be in this position this year.

I did get a lovely text today. That cheered me up a little.
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
Mum received a load of paperwork this morning. She has a procedure to look forward to in Jan :sigh:. I don't know what this will show. I guess it's just something else that will help them to see whether or not the cancer has spread.

There's a 'party' at the hospital my Nan is at on Wednesday; it should be interesting. The patients aren't quite with it. It will be nice to see Nan but it won't be nice to see her in that environment at Christmas. This will be the first Christmas that she doesn't spend with us at home. And it will be the first Boxing Day we don't spend with her. I know I'm going to see my nephew, but it's still really sad that Nan will never be like she used to be .

I feel quite low and drab. It doesn't feel like Christmas. I haven't done any shopping, because I don't have the motivation. I think it will have to be internet shopping this year. I was hoping to potter around York. Never mind, it's almost 2009. I was hoping I wouldn't be in this position this year.

I did get a lovely text this morning. That cheered me up a little.
I hope everything goes well with your mum in January hun :hugs: I think you can be forgiven for not getting in the christmas mood this year. Like you said, it's not long til 2009 and a new year (here's to a better 2009 than 2008!).

It's 4 years ago today that my Grandad died. Four years feels too short, it seems like just yesterday. But then again it seems like an age since I last saw him. It's odd.
starchild
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)

I did get a lovely text today. That cheered me up a little.
:hugs: is your phone alive now? i shall text you later. is it the same number? xx
Vienna Cannon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
my nan has cancer. we dont know how long she got and she goes in on the 22nd december for radiotherapy. my great uncle tony (my nan's son i think) refuses to tell us anything about what is wrong with my nan and i'm going to lose her
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Vienna Cannon)
my nan has cancer. we dont know how long she got and she goes in on the 22nd december for radiotherapy. my great uncle tony (my nan's son i think) refuses to tell us anything about what is wrong with my nan and i'm going to lose her
:hugs: I'm so sorry to hear that, I really hope things go ok with therapy.

I'm in a similar situation.
I found out a while ago my nan has cancer.
Recently we found that she has maybe 12 months. So yea this will be the last christmas with her.

Im here for you if you want to talk anytime :hugs:
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Vienna Cannon)
:hugs: At least your Nans fighting it, my Grandad didn't want any treatment for it at all.
Laus
Report 10 years ago
http://www.dwp.gov.uk/employability/hospital-film.asp
Laus
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by starchild)
:hugs: is your phone alive now? i shall text you later. is it the same number? xx
It's alive, but it still plays up! I might buy a new phone in the New Year. Thanks hunni, that would be nice. Love and hugs, as always :hugs: xx
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Problem is, it's gonna take a while to change attitudes :s
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
It's alive, but it still plays up! I might buy a new phone in the New Year. Thanks hunni, that would be nice. Love and hugs, as always :hugs: xx
Tis the season for phones to break!Mine's a bit kerfluey atm as well
YAP
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thought I'd write to say that I've had an okay day - two weeks into 30mg of Citalopram and it seems to be helping. Saw GP, for once he wasn't a prat, though all I wanted was more of the same to get me through to the new year so not too taxing for him. Followed that with an okay day at work, and a choc chip cookie latte from Costa.
Laus
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by YAP)
Thought I'd write to say that I've had an okay day - two weeks into 30mg of Citalopram and it seems to be helping. Saw GP, for once he wasn't a prat, though all I wanted was more of the same to get me through to the new year so not too taxing for him. Followed that with an okay day at work, and a choc chip cookie latte from Costa.
The choc chip cookie latte sounds yummy .

When did Citalopram kick in for you? I'm glad your doctor wasn't a prat.

:hugs:
Comm Tiger
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My doctor strictly controls my meds because he thinks I'm gonna kill myself with them for some reason. Weird.
Vienna Cannon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: At least your Nans fighting it, my Grandad didn't want any treatment for it at all.
she doesnt have much choice she doesnt even remember . She doesnt even remember me any more she doesnt remember whats wrong with her
Vienna Cannon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: I'm so sorry to hear that, I really hope things go ok with therapy.

I'm in a similar situation.
I found out a while ago my nan has cancer.
Recently we found that she has maybe 12 months. So yea this will be the last christmas with her.

Im here for you if you want to talk anytime :hugs:
:hugs: thank you
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hope you're all ok in here. i'm spending all today on my own again. got no idea what to do besides read or watch films all day.

hugs to all you with cancer in the family :hugs: if you think they're going to be last christmases, make them memorable
i don't really know what to say though - i've never had to go through anything like that, that's one good thing about not knowing any of your extended family....

enjoy your christmases!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (355)
37.57%
No - but I will (74)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (66)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (450)
47.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise