Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LightBlueSoldier)
    It's seems like no-one wants to win the league any more. It seems like the barca -atletico game will be a final day title decider. Considering its at the nou camp I would expect a barca win unfortunately

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Barca have been unspectacular and the neymar fiasco seemed to have derailed out of it. Athletico have without doubt been the most impressive both domestically and in europe as they have been able to pass different challenges with min resources.

ReputationRep:
    It seems Ronaldo with his small injury (seems it's a muscle injury rather than a hamstring) will be rested for the CL final which makes sense although I'd imagine, luckily he's not a player that will need time to get back to form after a spell out.

I'd say the league could be swinging back in Barcelona's favour but I think Atletico will win it because can't see them losing at the Camp Nou but feel Madrid will win La Decima in a few weeks time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    It seems Ronaldo with his small injury (seems it's a muscle injury rather than a hamstring) will be rested for the CL final which makes sense although I'd imagine, luckily he's not a player that will need time to get back to form after a spell out.

I'd say the league could be swinging back in Barcelona's favour but I think Atletico will win it because can't see them losing at the Camp Nou but feel Madrid will win La Decima in a few weeks time.
    Real dont need ronaldo , i cant remember him playing in copa del rey final. In fact in his 5 years at madrid what exactly has he done ?

ReputationRep:
    I meant trophy wise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arvy)
    Real dont need ronaldo , i cant remember him playing in copa del rey final. In fact in his 5 years at madrid what exactly has he done ?
    Not sure if srs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)

Madrid have won a higher percent of games without him than with him since he got there so I wouldn't be too worried if he doesn't play. They also won the copa del Rey without him just this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Leonidas)
    Not sure if srs.
    Having CR on the field is always better than not having him on the field, obviously, but Real still fare well without him. This season, they have scored more and conceded less goals per game without him than they did with him, so I doubt that it would extremely hamper Real's chances against Atléti if he doesn't play. They can still pull it off. Besides, Costa could miss the final as well.

Saying that, I don't think CR will be out for the final, he will most likely be rushed back like he always was this season (which is why he is having those recurring problems). I doubt he would want to save himself for the WC if he has the chance to finally win la decima.

arvy's statement is OTT of course. Without Ronaldo, Real wouldn't have won la liga in 2011/12 and perhaps wouldn't have made it to the CL final this season.

On another note, Albert Celades is Spain's new U21 coach. Good choice if you consider the alternatives.

Also, it looks like Dani Alves is on his way to PSG. Good move as his style doesn't really suit Barça anymore and PSG have enough height up front so his crosses wouldn't be wasted, but it's difficult to replace him. Montoya isn't really up for it and Cuadrado would be stupid.

ReputationRep:
    Dont get me wrong about ronaldo he Suits the counter attack game by ancelotti but in the game v bayern he missed easy chances and only contributed when the tie was over , 3-0 counter attack and then a Clever free kick against a defeated appointment. His celebration was embarassing and incredibly arrogant hence Why a certain player will be remembered for the better player and person. I think that ozil and benzema/higuains and di María and khediras contribution cannot be forgotten for 11/12.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get this big game criticism directed at Ronaldo. It started during Jose's era at Real didn't it? At least that's when it went into overdrive and that's probably more to do with Jose's tactics and people wanting to turn it into a Messi comparison. He's a big match player and you'd be wrong to say otherwise. Same thing used to be said of Henry.

(Original post by arvy)
    Dont get me wrong about ronaldo he Suits the counter attack game by ancelotti but in the game v bayern he missed easy chances and only contributed when the tie was over , 3-0 counter attack and then a Clever free kick against a defeated appointment. His celebration was embarassing and incredibly arrogant hence Why a certain player will be remembered for the better player and person. I think that ozil and benzema/higuains and di María and khediras contribution cannot be forgotten for 11/12.
    You know you can appreciate them without diminishing Ronaldo's influence as been the most important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arvy)
    I think that ozil and benzema/higuains and di María and khediras contribution cannot be forgotten for 11/12.
    Meh, nobody's contribution can be forgotten. But the essential figure in their 2011/12 lliga title was Cristiano, epitomised by his goal at the Camp Nou. It's not like they played amazing football and steamrolled teams in that season, a lot of points were collected by late goals etc of which CR provided a lot... Saying that takes nothing away from özil, benz etc.

Regarding trophies, Real didn't work well as a team under Mourinho and before him and relied too much on individual brilliance of e.g. Ronaldo (which was the plan considering the team was built around him.) The lack of trophies can be blamed on that, not on CR himself. You could still discuss whether Real play better or more team-oriented football without CR or with him, but it doesn't change anything about that.

This season, it's different; Modric has been Real's key player imo, with Di María, CR, Bale all in with a shout. They play more as a team now which is working well.

Anyway, Pepe seems to be out for the rest of the season (unless it's a smokescreen). That could really be a problem for Real judging from his current form

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qua)
    Meh, nobody's contribution can be forgotten. But the essential figure in their 2011/12 lliga title was Cristiano, epitomised by his goal at the Camp Nou. It's not like they played amazing football and steamrolled teams in that season, a lot of points were collected by late goals etc of which CR provided a lot... Saying that takes nothing away from özil, benz etc.

Regarding trophies, Real didn't work well as a team under Mourinho and before him and relied too much on individual brilliance of e.g. Ronaldo (which was the plan considering the team was built around him.) The lack of trophies can be blamed on that, not on CR himself. You could still discuss whether Real play better or more team-oriented football without CR or with him, but it doesn't change anything about that.

This season, it's different; Modric has been Real's key player imo, with Di María, CR, Bale all in with a shout. They play more as a team now which is working well.

Anyway, Pepe seems to be out for the rest of the season. That could really be a problem for Real, judging from the last games.
    To be honest it's difficult to know why mourinho put up with Ronaldo considering that he's basically an anti-mourinho player in that he cares way more about himself than the team and he very rarely tracks back, two traits that mou hates. I guess Mose players are too good to bench, although I think that that's one major reason that real were not successful under mourinho.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To be honest it's difficult to know why mourinho put up with Ronaldo considering that he's basically an anti-mourinho player in that he cares way more about himself than the team and he very rarely tracks back, two traits that mou hates. I guess Mose players are too good to bench, although I think that that's one major reason that real were not successful under mourinho.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Interesting in relation to Hazard and Mourinho's recent comments about him. Former wants to obtain that level to become a Ronaldo but it seems Mourinho doesn't think he will hence why he's asking him to utilise more of his energy - that could be reserved for attacking purposes - to track back and help the LB whereas Ronaldo, quite rightly, was allowed to focus on attack. When you've got Ronaldo/Messi, defensive duties are the last thing on their mind although Messi worked hard as part of the pressing strategy earlier in the Pep years and Ronaldo, under Ancelotti, when he needs to can try and help in pressing aswell.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest it's difficult to know why mourinho put up with Ronaldo considering that he's basically an anti-mourinho player in that he cares way more about himself than the team and he very rarely tracks back, two traits that mou hates.
    Sporting aspects aside, Cristiano is one of Perez' galácticos players and Mou (or any other head coach at RM) does not have the power to bench or get rid of players Perez advocates just because he doesn't like their style. Cristiano delivers - unlike Kaká - so he has to play. That's just the power setup at RM and recently also Barça; a board whose power doesn't end in the boardroom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qua)
    Sporting aspects aside, Cristiano is one of Perez' galácticos players and Mou (or any other head coach at RM) does not have the power to bench or get rid of players Perez advocates just because he doesn't like their style. Cristiano delivers - unlike Kaka - so he has to play. That's just the power setup at RM and recently also Barça; a board whose power doesn't end in the boardroom.
    At the time of Kaká signing for real he was arguably superior than ronaldo. (i think he was well better seeing as he singlehandedly won the euro cup for ac milan in 2007). Had real built around Kaká i would of thought real would have won more than they have with ronaldo -who is just a showman. As has been said ronaldo apart from one semi v arsenal has not won much for real as he was anonymous v barca in 2011 semi and v bayern and also Dortmund he was anonymous.

ReputationRep:
    Penultimate right here,football aint done

Madrid with a dead XI squad out there
    Hope barca slip up again
    cam on atleti

ReputationRep:
    madrid are useless without ronaldo, bale and even benzema. They need to strengthen their defence rather than attack

ReputationRep:
    Why is Bale on the bench?

ReputationRep:
    WTF is going on in Spain

ReputationRep:
    Athletico and Real losing haha.

ReputationRep:
    atleti bottling the ting ukno

simeone must be fuming

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.