Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    Samuel ‏@samuelj29060 17s

BREAKING: AS: Arsenal have increased their offer for Gonzalo Higuain to £25.8m (€30m) & hope to finalise the deal on Friday #AFC
    I don't believe any of this until I see it's confirmed by Skysports, I'm pretty much tired of these ITK's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    I don't believe any of this until I see it's confirmed by Skysports, I'm pretty much tired of these ITK's.
    Fair enough

ReputationRep:
    Are you as heartbroken as we are at Villa to Atleti? :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    He went for a song, and is still a great striker. But its there's no point picking up these guys at 32 because in a years time you'll just have to replace them again. Its not real progress. Glad he didnt go to Spurs though because he still has goals in him yet.

Is that Villa in your sig btw? oops

Still, Torres, Forlan, Aguero, Falcao and now Villa. Ath. Madrid have had some firepower rover the years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    He went for a song, and is still a great striker. But its there's no point picking up these guys at 32 because in a years time you'll just have to replace them again. Its not real progress. Glad he didnt go to Spurs though because he still has goals in him yet.

Is that Villa in your sig btw? oops

Still, Torres, Forlan, Aguero, Falcao and now Villa. Ath. Madrid have had some firepower rover the years.
    Five outta six ain't bad

ReputationRep:
    Barry anyone? Big, strong and proven DM.

Only problem is he is left footed, which might not work with Wilshere and Cazorla. However I'm still not sure what is Cazorla's best foot.

ReputationRep:
    How is being left footed a problem?
    Considering the fact that barca's midfielders are all right footed. Barry is not great but he's a good enough signing for you guys. He'd be only a marginal improvement from arteta I think

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys think you'd get jovetic?
    Knowing arsene he's probably trying to do it undercover, I think that fiorentina may need the money, haven't seen the financial figures this year as their financial year is apparently the calander year but the previous few years they usually stayed afloat by selling a key player or two and/or making the champions league

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if Wenger's going to be at the Emirates for the new strip unveiling this afternoon? Tempted to head over and recreate this:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Barry anyone? Big, strong and proven DM.

Only problem is he is left footed, which might not work with Wilshere and Cazorla. However I'm still not sure what is Cazorla's best foot.
    Christ no, he's no better than Arteta/Ramsey and would be on 70k. Lets sign proper players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Do you guys think you'd get jovetic?
    Knowing arsene he's probably trying to do it undercover, I think that fiorentina may need the money, haven't seen the financial figures this year as their financial year is apparently the calander year but the previous few years they usually stayed afloat by selling a key player or two and/or making the champions league
    I dont think anyone wants him at the price being quoted and his agent or Fiorentina just keep putting out rumours with his name in the media to try and attract interest

As for Barry I would have him he can do a job in a good team and would provide experience

ReputationRep:
    Barry has the physique we need in the middle of the field. He's a powerhouse and he contributed a lot to when City won the league.

With players like Higuain, Cazorla and Wilshere, all we need is someone to do a job at the back.

Mertesacker wasn't great, but he did a job. Unfortunately we can't really rely on players like Ramsey and Diaby to do a job for us. Barry can provide a calm physical presence in front of the defence allowing the rest to run riot.

ReputationRep:
    "Ffs, RM want 26m for Higuain when we only bid 25m. Ugh, oh well, let's go for Benteke instead he'll only be 20-25m."

#logic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    No, think we should both be happy we got away with this one. Just like the Joe Cole situation.

ReputationRep:
    The Higuain transfer is going to be like when we were linked to Trezeguet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Barry has the physique we need in the middle of the field. He's a powerhouse and he contributed a lot to when City won the league.

With players like Higuain, Cazorla and Wilshere, all we need is someone to do a job at the back.

Mertesacker wasn't great, but he did a job. Unfortunately we can't really rely on players like Ramsey and Diaby to do a job for us. Barry can provide a calm physical presence in front of the defence allowing the rest to run riot.
    Have you forgotten this? Under no pressure whats so ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul57zefaAVw

ReputationRep:
    "My manager is in charge, but he knows what I wants. It's good to know I'm still valued by teams like Arsenal" Luis Suarez. Source: http://chirb.it/nLC3dA

Its good to know a top player holds Arsenal in high regard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    Have you forgotten this? Under no pressure whats so ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul57zefaAVw
    We do need a stiker don't we ? Doubt that Gervinho could finish that off

ReputationRep:
    We can't afford Suarez tbh. If we could sneak him in for £35m then maybe, but his attitude would bring down the image of the club, which is something we should avoid.

Higuain ticks all the boxes in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    "My manager is in charge, but he knows what I wants. It's good to know I'm still valued by teams like Arsenal" Luis Suarez. Source: http://chirb.it/nLC3dA

Its good to know a top player holds Arsenal in high regard
    You speak Spanish bruv? What else did he say? cheers

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.