Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    I'm torn between my head and my heart. Do I choose a uni that I love and has been my number one since I started looking, despite a longer commute (Derby), or a uni that is closer but I didn't like quite as much (Trent)? I am leaning towards my heart but not entirely sure what would be the right decision!
    If it's practical then I'd say heart - just because it's such a tough year and you need that support network. I felt that I'd get that from Derby, but Trent didn't even reply to my emails at the initial stages which put me off enough not to even go to the interview after I was offered Derby!

But it is further to travel and it will involve later nights/earlier starts I guess....

xx

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. They emailed me but it hasn't gone up on track yet...
    Awesomeeee...i still havent heard anything yettt...i hate the waiting...espesh if its just a wait for a rejection haha

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been offered a place at the University of Cumbria (Lancaster campus) for the General Primary PGCE course? Anyone that attended 15th January 2014 interview? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kittykebab)
    If it's practical then I'd say heart - just because it's such a tough year and you need that support network. I felt that I'd get that from Derby, but Trent didn't even reply to my emails at the initial stages which put me off enough not to even go to the interview after I was offered Derby!

But it is further to travel and it will involve later nights/earlier starts I guess....

xx
    Yeah, I am worried about the increase is travel time and money....but I keep thinking about Derby and I remember how excited I was by the place and the course when I first visited. It IS doable, I think. It's just scary making that final decision!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    Awesomeeee...i still havent heard anything yettt...i hate the waiting...espesh if its just a wait for a rejection haha
    Aww! I find it weird that unis don't let everyone from an interview day know at the same time. From what I can gather, the same happened with Derby. Strange!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I am worried about the increase is travel time and money....but I keep thinking about Derby and I remember how excited I was by the place and the course when I first visited. It IS doable, I think. It's just scary making that final decision!

Hiyaa! I have an interview for primary pgce at trent soon, i was wondering what to look forward to? Im still waiting for my interview pack to come through, i know there is some independent research to do on teaching and learning? and there will be a group presentation aswel..?..What is it like ? any help will be much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjkp)
    Hiyaa! I have an interview for primary pgce at trent soon, i was wondering what to look forward to? Im still waiting for my interview pack to come through, i know there is some independent research to do on teaching and learning? and there will be a group presentation aswel..?..What is it like ? any help will be much appreciated!
    Hi! The interview was really chilled out and pretty enjoyable actually, nothing to worry about at all. It fits the schedule they send to you and the interview group is quite small (it was for us anyway). Make sure you are confident and have all your research prepared and you should be fine. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone on this thread been offered a place with school direct placement with Cumbria university?I am waiting to hear back from an interview last week has anyone else had an offers. And How did their interview process go?

ReputationRep:
    Aww! I find it weird that unis don't let everyone from an interview day know at the same time. From what I can gather, the same happened with Derby. Strange!
    Yeaah...fingers crossed they arent doing the yes ones first and then the no ones later or else im screwed haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    Ok thanks,

Does anyone know if I have to do a totally new application or can I do it off the one I already have for my undergraduate?
    You do it on the same application as undergrad - same details x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    Yeaah...fingers crossed they arent doing the yes ones first and then the no ones later or else im screwed haha!
    I have my fingers crossed for you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smartypantsj)
    I am so with you on this lol, in exactly the same situ..
    What uni?

ReputationRep:
    I have my fingers crossed for you!!
    Why thank youuuu...i probs wont even receive an email haha :/

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody got any idea's on explaining any educational issues at the moment??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    Why thank youuuu...i probs wont even receive an email haha :/
    Don't say that! Stay positive!!

ReputationRep:
    Don't say that! Stay positive!!
    Okay okay i will pretend they analyse the females before the males haha

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm new to this, just a quick question really, I've been accepted onto a school direct course, and have just started applying for student finance. The application asks which college/university you will be studying and the ucas code/name of the course you will be studying. Am I right to assume that I should put the university that is accrediting the school direct placement? Any help is much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy Williams)
    Phew! Did you just discuss pros/cons etc? Do you it's ok to be largely for or against the idea during interview or is it best to keep a balanced view? xx
    Yep, just said why it could be good for teachers/schools, and what problems it may cause. I kept a balanced view myself, which I think is probably best to show that you understand both sides of the issue x

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview for sunderland today. Secondary science. Anyone had one ?? would really appreciate some pointers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is a smart dress with leggings ok to wear to interview? I don't like wearing tights but worried leggings are too informal/casual? Advice appreciated! xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.