Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    15-20 direct goals from Toure a season or indirectly being part of preventing 11 less goals? Considering we're looking at the best seasons for the club. I thought we'll look at this season and your invincibles season and note the differences.

I think I'll know what I'll take anyway.

I do think they're both very good players but having central midfielders/AMs who score regularly helps a team a lot, see Ramsey and Hazard.
    I'm not arguing Toure is better offensively, but he just doesn't track back enough in some matches for my liking. It's down to personal preferance I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    I have no beef with Sagna he can leave with my blessing, I hope we don't boo him when he comes to the Emirates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    I have no beef with Sagna he can leave with my blessing, I hope we don't boo him when he comes to the Emirates.
    If he goes City I would. Man like Ade, Nasri, Clichy, Kolo done you over...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We got £25m for Ade and £16m for Toure.

Who got done over here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cue overused saying "These hoes ain't loyal"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    We got £25m for Ade and £16m for Toure.

Who got done over here?
    Money's hardly an object to them is it. Just saying it's stress how they took so many of your top players.
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Cue overused saying "These hoes ain't loyal"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LOOL

ReputationRep:
    Where's that stuck up prick 419?

Everywhere I've read has suggested that Sakho will be starting at the World Cup

what a fool :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    They're idiots man.

Why don't they go for Clyne or even Chambers. Makes more sense due to FFP as they have absolutely no English players.
    Funny thing is that the very English players they need for FFP are the deadwood they need to get rid of to make space for wages (Lescott, Sinclair, Rodwell, Richards) for FFP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slow Jamz)
    Where's that stuck up prick 419?

Everywhere I've read has suggested that Sakho will be starting at the World Cup

what a fool :rofl2:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    No respect for him if he joins City.

You don't join a rival team on a free transfer just to earn more money and expect the fans to wish you well, no chance. Even after the reception he got from the fans on the weekend, I would accept if he went abroad for a new challenge, but not joining City.

Guy is no better than RVP if he goes through with this.

ReputationRep:
    He will be displaced by Zab anyway, its not like Sagna is a born matchwinner. Not bothered where he goes tbh, would prefer abroad but if Arab City wanna pay him 140k per week just to let him retire in 2 years so be it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niceguy95)

You don't join a rival team on a free transfer just to earn more money and expect the fans to wish you well, no chance. Even after the reception he got from the fans on the weekend, I would accept if he went abroad for a new challenge, but not joining City.

No respect for a man trying to secure his family's future through what is probably his last professional contract? Now you know why most other teams fans despise us.....rvp didn't leave to a rival and Sagna isn't leaving for a rival we compete for 4th they compete for the league

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niceguy95)

You man are so bitter its unbelievable.

ReputationRep:

You man are so bitter its unbelievable.
    niceguy95 is the worst in terms of bitterness. Man goes and drops 'Nasri and Clichy have been carried to the title' and plenty of other bitter ****.

Typical Arsenal fan mentality, goes strongly with the other hallmarks of a gooner (mentally weak, fickle, immature, gassed etc).

ReputationRep:
    Let's not pretend "trying to secure a future for his family" ever comes into it though. Yes, he is gonna retire early, but in just 1 year on his 60k per week contract he will have already earned over 2.5 times what the average brit earns in their lifetime. (3.1 million in one year for sagna vs the average wage * 45 years = 1.2million). And that's just ONE year.

I don't really care if he goes to City but that old excuse of top footballers needing to earn so much because their career is so short is just stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    Let's not pretend "trying to secure a future for his family" ever comes into it though. Yes, he is gonna retire early, but in just 1 year on his 60k per week contract he will have already earned over 2.5 times what the average brit earns in their lifetime. (3.1 million in one year for sagna vs the average wage * 45 years = 1.2million). And that's just ONE year.

I don't really care if he goes to City but that old excuse of top footballers needing to earn so much because their career is so short is just stupid.
    Surely you can understand that he lives a more expensive lifestyle than the average man on 20k a year

What's that stat that was posted in here last week 3 out of 5 premier league footballers go bankrupt within 5 years of retiring

So yes he's securing his future

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slow Jamz)
    niceguy95 is the worst in terms of bitterness. Man goes and drops 'Nasri and Clichy have been carried to the title' and plenty of other bitter ****.

Typical Arsenal fan mentality, goes strongly with the other hallmarks of a gooner (mentally weak, fickle, immature, gassed etc).
    Fickle:

Mentally weak:

'Gassed' :

----

ReputationRep:
    Feeder club?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    x
    My old friend, I knew it'd be you. I'm glad it was. All is well with the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)

What's that stat that was posted in here last week 3 out of 5 premier league footballers go bankrupt within 5 years of retiring
    That's because they're ****ing dumb *****.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.