Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isrox08)
    You could all be on a reserve list of some sort, which is why you haven't had a PFO. Just be patient and I would recommend not pestering them and being patient. Graduate recruitment teams are really busy this time of year so best not to pester them. You could still apply for a straight TC and want to be in best stead with the graduate recruitment team for that.
    This, there will be a reserve list, however they have yet to send out any PFOs yet, so just because you haven't got one yet don't get hopes up too high..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twizzzzzzter)
    This, there will be a reserve list, however they have yet to send out any PFOs yet, so just because you haven't got one yet don't get hopes up too high..
    As an applicant, this is my mindset. You can't be disappointed or annoyed at the lack of response if the chances are that I will just get a PFO at some point. If I don't, bonus!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moore39)
    Anyone heard from Eversheds Manchester office?
    Vac scheme offer! You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvelyRose)
    I have done the Watson Glazer a couple of times. Practice is really important! There are some free tests (short versions) on the Linklaters and Hogan Lovells websites. It is good to know what each section of the Watson Glazer involves - and there is an explanation on this site: https://www.wikijob.co.uk/wiki/watson-glaser
    Good luck!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalipso708)
    Hey - I took the WG a while back. Try and practice online, there aren't that many resources but just Google 'Watson Glaser' and you'll find them (that's what I did)
    There's not much to prepare on, so what you should practice is giving quick answers, so try and practice under exam conditions i.e. timed and with no distractions.
    Apart from that - do the test when you're rested rather than at 1 AM... and that's about it.
    It's not too bad so don't worry too much!
    Good luck :banana:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Weightmans - "technical problems" with the online assessments....

Thought it would be easier to have a separate Weightmans thread! Welcome all! Yes they are currently having 'technical difficulties' I hope we are given a few days atleast to complete the tests! Does anyone know how long we have to complete them once we receive the email with details of our online assessments? the threads is called "weightmans 2015 vs and tc"

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from Gibson Dunn or Faegre?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolstudent)
    Anyone heard from Gibson Dunn or Faegre?
    Still waiting on GDC...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student652)
    Yeah! Me too I applied as soon as the application was open! Keep me posted if you hear anything!! Fingers crossed!!! 🙌
    Will do, you too

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a DWF assessment centre soon? Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if Slaughter and May offer TC interviews to their vacation scheme students?

ReputationRep:
    Still no shoosmiths news?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly away very quickly)
    Does anyone know if Slaughter and May offer TC interviews to their vacation scheme students?
    They don't

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guess I'm gonna have to go around handing in my CV to small local solicitors in the hopes that they'll let me shadow them for a week or two! How do you generally go about this? I was just thinking of going in in person with a copy of my CV and a cover letter explaining that I was looking for work shadowing etc, don't know how formally I should treat it though, because I doubt I need to go in depth why I want to shadow there and why they should choose me etc if it's just a small local one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly away very quickly)
    nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sian.)
    Anyone got a DWF assessment centre soon? Any tips?
    I have one on the 16th in london when is yours?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone attending Lewis Silkin's 2 day workshop at the end of this month? Just wondering where people are staying over the 2 days?

ReputationRep:
    How often do VS result in a TC? I've read a lot of people who have had multiple VSs, which I am wondering if it i is a result of them not being offered a TC because the firm do not necessarily recruit from the VS, or because they did not impress.

Additionally, those firms that do offer TC after a VS, do you often have to apply separately.

I am asking because I have two VS this summer, one in June, one at the end of July but I am going abroad for a year in early August - I therefore won't have time to apply separately for a TC after them :/.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawStudentLLM)
    How often do VS result in a TC? I've read a lot of people who have had multiple VSs, which I am wondering if it i is a result of them not being offered a TC because the firm do not necessarily recruit from the VS, or because they did not impress.

Additionally, those firms that do offer TC after a VS, do you often have to apply separately.

I am asking because I have two VS this summer, one in June, one at the end of July but I am going abroad for a year in early August - I therefore won't have time to apply separately for a TC after them :/.
    Most of the TC application deadlines are July 31. So personally I would apply for them before you attend your VS's.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone still waiting on Eversheds?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.