Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by purple-duck)
    GP appointment just went and now feel terrible
    I swear she seemed quite patronising about "what we talked about last time" "had you forgotten?"
    And then went on about stuff (sort of) that I've sort of already thought about/beginning to organise myself
    She thinks I'm just being lazy I think, and I guess that's true but it's just so annoying and Like I *know* I'm supposed to be trying to keep a plan of days/keep busy, but it can be difficult to I swear.
    I don't know what I expected really/didn't have much to ask but still
    Also she said I just need to fill in DSA form and then give in to doctor's surgery or something? :dontknow: Maybe she just doesn't have anything to write for it.

Just want to walk for miles and miles now, go somewhere random and away.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're not being lazy! Keeping a plan of days is ridiculously difficult, even when I was still at school I could never manage it and kept driving my GP mad- it'd be much harder at uni/anywhere else At least she's told you to do DSA, that implies that she'll do whatever she needs to do for it too maybe? Not that I have any clue about how it works Maybe swim miles and miles instead? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Welcome Squad
    Just checking in to see how people are?

Hugs for people who need them :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by bubble999)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This girl could sure do with a hug right now :hug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    :hugs: from here aswell!

(Original post by WelshBluebird)
    :hugs: from here aswell!

ReputationRep:
    I swear she seemed quite patronising about "what we talked about last time" "had you forgotten?"
    And then went on about stuff (sort of) that I've sort of already thought about/beginning to organise myself
    She thinks I'm just being lazy I think, and I guess that's true but it's just so annoying and Like I *know* I'm supposed to be trying to keep a plan of days/keep busy, but it can be difficult to I swear.
    Also she said I just need to fill in DSA form and then give in to doctor's surgery or something? :dontknow: Maybe she just doesn't have anything to write for it.

It's okay, I had a **** response from a doctor too, but it doesn't mean they're all like that. Can you see someone else? Don't punish yourself/be upset with yourself, it's okay and it's something I would say most people here struggle with <3

ReputationRep:
    Got my counselling appointment at 12 but I don't want to go. I don't want to do anything today. I've got work at 2 as well and I'll have to pretend to be happy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody in here have any experience with dissociation? I know I don't know anybody on here very well, but I just kind of need help with it I guess.

Don't worry if you're unable to or feel uncomfortable talking about it. I don't want to make anybody feel worse.
    You need to clear your inbox, my message won't send

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    sorry to hear it didn't go well :/ its tough when you wait a while/build it up in your head and then the doctor is annoying and unhelpful :/ might be worth changing doctors if you don't think shes being helpful. I still go in tears or having a really horrible time and they tell me to do something I'll 'enjoy' and structure my day. sigh. sorry im randomly rambling. take care of yourself, try not to let it get you down too much if you can :console:

ReputationRep:
    I feel so, so broken

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    You're not being lazy! Keeping a plan of days is ridiculously difficult, even when I was still at school I could never manage it and kept driving my GP mad- it'd be much harder at uni/anywhere else At least she's told you to do DSA, that implies that she'll do whatever she needs to do for it too maybe? Not that I have any clue about how it works Maybe swim miles and miles instead? :hugs:

Well I was mostly asking her about the DSA - she didn't comment on it at all really/don't think she thinks I should apply/need it (which I probably don't *need* it, but :dontknow:)
    Not sure, currently along part of a nice walk/back trail on a bench, am meant to go to cinema some point today but don't want to anymore. Should be okay soon I guess, just Will try and do swimming tonight
    Sorry for the rant, and thanks :hugs: Will reply to earlier reply later today
    Hope you're doing okay :hugs:

Hope you're doing okay too.

(Original post by lauraaaaa)
    It's okay, I had a **** response from a doctor too, but it doesn't mean they're all like that. Can you see someone else? Don't punish yourself/be upset with yourself, it's okay and it's something I would say most people here struggle with <3
    I guess I can see someone else - but I'm not sure it'd achieve much and I don't *need* to see anyone right now because I have wellbeing/MH services/group counselling to be going with - but I'm not sure if I'd see her again, though that said it wasn't the worst appointment ever, just sort of upset about it/left me feeling worse so far :dontknow:
    It felt a bit like she was saying "well you've only got yourself to blame" and I suppose I sort of have - but at the same time its not as if I want this? Sort of. Like talking about last summer - I've been rubbish but she sort of pointed out that I'd done nothing to help myself - though I think I did try, maybe.

(Original post by Odd socks)
    Got my counselling appointment at 12 but I don't want to go. I don't want to do anything today. I've got work at 2 as well and I'll have to pretend to be happy
    :hugs: Hope counselling goes okay if you do go - might it help to talk things through? Hope work flies by for you too.

ReputationRep:
    feel really flat, just don't know what to do with myself everything just feels kinda pointless.

ReputationRep:
    I guess I can see someone else - but I'm not sure it'd achieve much and I don't *need* to see anyone right now because I have wellbeing/MH services/group counselling to be going with - but I'm not sure if I'd see her again, though that said it wasn't the worst appointment ever, just sort of upset about it/left me feeling worse so far :dontknow:
    It felt a bit like she was saying "well you've only got yourself to blame" and I suppose I sort of have - but at the same time its not as if I want this? Sort of. Like talking about last summer - I've been rubbish but she sort of pointed out that I'd done nothing to help myself - though I think I did try, maybe.
    Sounds like she was a bit of a ***** if I'm honest. I totally understand though, it's HARD to go out and do things when you're feeling low or anxious so it's hard to keep to a schedule etc. It'll be okay, just let your feelings now run their course, and you should feel better soon! What were you seeing at the cinema? You could still go, it might cheer you up a little
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Welcome Squad
    Aww, what's up? :hugs:

Hope you're doing okay too.
    How are things? :hugs:
    I'm generally on the up, had a bit of a wobble yesterday morning/afternoon, but had a nice night out last night
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Well I was mostly asking her about the DSA - she didn't comment on it at all really/don't think she thinks I should apply/need it (which I probably don't *need* it, but :dontknow:)
    Not sure, currently along part of a nice walk/back trail on a bench, am meant to go to cinema some point today but don't want to anymore. Should be okay soon I guess, just Will try and do swimming tonight
    Sorry for the rant, and thanks :hugs: Will reply to earlier reply later today
    Hope you're doing okay :hugs:.
    Ah ok, fair enough Good Maybe try and go to the cinema if you can though. It might take your mind off things a bit/stop you thinking too much? I don't know, up to you It wasn't a rant! Not compared to the one I gave you the other night anyway

---

Been quite productive so far today- put the washing out and more in, emptied and filled the dishwasher, had a shower, written an email and done some physics stuff :eek: Wondering how long this will last... :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Think my job interview went well, i got a lot of winks after answering questions :v didn't panic, only really paused once to think about something

The place and the people seem really nice there, everyone said hi and smiled, even the other people getting interviewed were nice to chat to :0

Will know if i got it some time next week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    sorry to hear it didn't go well :/ its tough when you wait a while/build it up in your head and then the doctor is annoying and unhelpful :/ might be worth changing doctors if you don't think shes being helpful. I still go in tears or having a really horrible time and they tell me to do something I'll 'enjoy' and structure my day. sigh. sorry im randomly rambling. take care of yourself, try not to let it get you down too much if you can :console:
    Thanks Not sure if any will be :dontknow: Sort of what she said too - though its annoying because I know that for me, having a structure really will help - or at least I think it might? (Though that said I had a fairly good structure term 2 and that's when things got worse)
    Not rambling at all thank you lots for the reply :hugs: been sat down for a couple hours now, off to cinema soc though now I think
    I'm really sorry you're still struggling Thinking of you, let me know if I can help at all :hugs:

(Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    feel really flat, just don't know what to do with myself everything just feels kinda pointless.
    :hugs: Was going to reply last night but I will now - Green Party thing/stall sounds good - and glad mum has money stuff sorted now. Do the greens near you do many things like that? Or just around freshers?

(Original post by lauraaaaa)
    Sounds like she was a bit of a ***** if I'm honest. I totally understand though, it's HARD to go out and do things when you're feeling low or anxious so it's hard to keep to a schedule etc. It'll be okay, just let your feelings now run their course, and you should feel better soon! What were you seeing at the cinema? You could still go, it might cheer you up a little
    Well I guess she was sorta being nice :dontknow: difficult to say cos I think its partly negative thoughts making me feel worse about it/making me think she was implying stuff maybe. Don't know.
    Thanks Oh no, just going along to the society/getting a few things done in the office they're doing interviews I think for a video though and that sounds scary but I said I was around
    Think I will in a bit.

How are things? :hugs:
    I'm generally on the up, had a bit of a wobble yesterday morning/afternoon, but had a nice night out last night
    Not sure, was feeling pretty good I guess overall the last half week or so, but just had doctors appointment and that's made things worse :/ :dontknow:
    Yays oo out as in out out? :party2:? :dance:

(Original post by furryface12)
    Ah ok, fair enough Good Maybe try and go to the cinema if you can though. It might take your mind off things a bit/stop you thinking too much? I don't know, up to you It wasn't a rant! Not compared to the one I gave you the other night anyway
    ---
    Been quite productive so far today- put the washing out and more in, emptied and filled the dishwasher, had a shower, written an email and done some physics stuff :eek: Wondering how long this will last... :lol:
    Yeah might go along/try and get some things done had a while sat here/wrote in diary and did some Rubik's cube
    Thanks :hugs: They're both sorta rants - though I guess there's nothing wrong with it

:gah: well done! that sounds really good I need to do my washing soon... :sad:
    Hope it lasts for a long time

(Original post by Meaty_man)
    Think my job interview went well, i got a lot of winks after answering questions :v didn't panic, only really paused once to think about something

The place and the people seem really nice there, everyone said hi and smiled, even the other people getting interviewed were nice to chat to :0

Will know if i got it some time next week
    Good luck for hearing about it - glad it went okay and that everyone was nice!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Someone walking past with a group of people just waved at me, separated from them/walked over to me, and asked if I was okay/said hello

I said I was "okay" and "fine" back and thanked her I think, but was just so nice of someone :') Wonder if I should have said something but maybe best not. Still

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Someone walking past with a group of people just waved at me, separated from them/walked over to me, and asked if I was okay/said hello

I said I was "okay" and "fine" back and thanked her I think, but was just so nice of someone :') Wonder if I should have said something but maybe best not. Still

Posted from TSR Mobile
    aw, i love when people go out of their way to be nice! Nice people do still exist in the world

ReputationRep:
    Have the thought "please God make it stop" going round and round in my head sbf I cant make it stop. :cry2:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.