Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    Very risky- I don't like making predictions but if I was you just revise Pro-social media, hovland yale and elm.

All of celeb apart from evo.
    Yep I know so risky but I don't think everything will go in and short for time to go through entire section of media. Okay so media influence on pro social behaviour ( I wasn't in when my teacher taught that) hov and Yale and elm. All of celeb is okay just remember it all :/ really am not ready for tomorrow exam

ReputationRep:
    anyone got a issues with classification of sz essay they wanna share?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    A mobile phone company feels that the market for phones for people aged 65+ is notsufficiently developed. They have produced a phone that is slightly larger, with a largerkeypad, clearer display, and fewer but more straightforward applications.Using your knowledge of the persuasiveness of TV advertising, what advice would yougive to the company so that it could make the TV advertising campaign as effective aspossible? Refer to psychological research to justify your advice. (10 marks)

Anyone who doesn't understand this using the models rep my post and I will do a detailed plan.
    can you do a plan please
    I kinda get confused between the models

ReputationRep:
    Just to confirm ECT can be used as a biological treatment of SZ right??? :O 🙄😑

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasx_)
    Hi, can someone help me with this question "Outline one biological intervention for reducing addictive behaviour and evaluate theeffectiveness of this intervention. (4 marks + 6 marks)".

In the book for types of intervention, there are two biological interventions given - heroine addiction substituted with methadone and SSRIs for gambling addiction. First of all, if I were to select any of these, I don't think there is enough content to outline for 4 marks and secondly there is not A02 in the book either. There is about one A02 for each intervention which is definitely not enough for 6 marks.

Does anyone have any other interventions that they think may be better to answer this question, or any extra points for the ones given in the book in order to get full marks. I'm really struggling with this. If it were outline and evaluate biological interventions in general it would be okay, but since it asks for one specifically, I don't have enough detail to write a 10 marker on it. Would nictotine replacement therapy (NRT) be a good idea? I don't know.. Any help please?
    someone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    Can I use the Hovland Yale model here or does it have to be hard sell, soft sell etc?
    According to the 2015 mark scheme with a question like that you can use any.. but with it being like that last year I'm thinking HYM will be on alone or ELM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    Just to confirm ECT can be used as a biological treatment of SZ right??? :O 🙄😑
    THIS IS WHAT IS STATED IN THE 2015 (ORIGINAL) PAPER MARK SCHEME

AO1 credit is awarded for an outline of one biological therapy which is suitable for schizophrenia.The most likely therapy to be described is the use of antipsychotic drugs, which work by blockingd2 (dopamine) receptors.

Students can tackle this by outlining the action of a specific drug group /drug or by considering drugs generically. There are different generations of antipsychotics:
    • typical antipsychotics - eg chlorpromazine, block d2 receptors in several brain areas
    • less typical antipsychotics - eg pimozide, often used as a last resort when other drugs havefailed• atypical antipsychotics - eg risperidone and clozapine. Some atypicals also block serotoninreceptors.

Biological therapies such as ECT and psychosurgery can gain AO1 credit but for marks aboverudimentary the description must be tailored to treatment of schizophrenia. Descriptions ofpsychological therapies are not creditworthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oiseaux)
    Is everyone learning 4+8 mark essays for media/addiction/anomalistic? How many research studies are you learning for each topic?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    1 for some 2 for others anything over isnt needed imo as studies can get a02 and a01 plus you have eval so you dont need to go overboard.

1 would be fine aswell

ReputationRep:
    For psya4 do i need to know names of researchers or can I just put "research suggests..." or "Research has found that...."? I was told for psya3 it wasn't as much of a problem but when I look at revision notes for addiction and schizophrenia, most evaluative points are quoting pieces of research and I cant remember ~30 names

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    According to the 2015 mark scheme with a question like that you can use any.. but with it being like that last year I'm thinking HYM will be on alone or ELM.
    Do you happen to have the 2015 QP and MS if so would appreciate if you could send it me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TySnaps97)
    THIS IS WHAT IS STATED IN THE 2015 (ORIGINAL) PAPER MARK SCHEME

AO1 credit is awarded for an outline of one biological therapy which is suitable for schizophrenia.The most likely therapy to be described is the use of antipsychotic drugs, which work by blockingd2 (dopamine) receptors.

Students can tackle this by outlining the action of a specific drug group /drug or by considering drugs generically. There are different generations of antipsychotics:
    • typical antipsychotics - eg chlorpromazine, block d2 receptors in several brain areas
    • less typical antipsychotics - eg pimozide, often used as a last resort when other drugs havefailed• atypical antipsychotics - eg risperidone and clozapine. Some atypicals also block serotoninreceptors.

Biological therapies such as ECT and psychosurgery can gain AO1 credit but for marks aboverudimentary the description must be tailored to treatment of schizophrenia. Descriptions ofpsychological therapies are not creditworthy.
    Eh what does it mean thats WELL ANNOYING, in my book it says i can use it! ?

ReputationRep:
    If they ask a question on pro social affects of media will it be research or general theories eg 'social learning states that...', also can someone clarify how social learning theory actually explains pro social behaviour as its confusing me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    Mmmm
    It would confuse me because it's not very specific... Do you think they would actually name the model they want us to use this year?
    If they sayexplanations for persuasiveness of TV advertising I can use any right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brown_eyes)
    Never been so unprepared for an exam in my life

loool I feel u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kanelynne)
    If they ask a question on pro social affects of media will it be research or general theories eg 'social learning states that...', also can someone clarify how social learning theory actually explains pro social behaviour as its confusing me?
    Discuss research OR discuss explanations.

Discuss Research - e.g. Gunter et al (repeated exposure to positive media increased likelihood of pro-social behaviour), Mares et al (Meta-analysis, positive, shows increased likelihood of imitation, girls more so than boys, and only if conditions in real world are similar to what they watched).

Alternatively, could argue that research into anti social behaviour is invalid e.g. no correlation found etc

Discuss explanations - apply any theory and it will work. Pretty much. E.g. Social Learning theory, vicarious reinforcement teaches that children imitate it if positive outcome is established from the media to be prosocial. Cognitive priming, scripts e.g. children renact positive media. Social Cognitive Observation Learning Theory, how normative beliefs change behaviour e.g .sesame street everythings good so world good act prosocial etc

Most Psych qs are BS that can pretty much be twisted however you want to answer it lol just remember to READ THE SPECIFICITY OF THE QUESTION

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubiquitousking)
    0.01 is generally used for clinical trials (drug tests) because they want to rid of as many false positives as possible
    0.05 is the standard one, which is almost always the one you'll use
    But it's not a clinical trail in this case ????

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465828149.187011.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  110.7 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465828162.088900.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  84.8 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    for the hovland yale model, if the question is an application to a scenario, do you need ao2 studies supporting the model only?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    Do you happen to have the 2015 QP and MS if so would appreciate if you could send it me

I'm referring to the replacement paper - it can be found on the AQA site.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondered what people want to come up in the exam tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    I'm referring to the replacement paper - it can be found on the AQA site.
    Do you have the original one?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.